Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Dead Hard: Problem? Or Not?

GoobyNuggetGoobyNugget Member Posts: 687

Well the patch is out, which means Dead Hard and a lot of other perks have been "reworked".

Dead Hard now works like the Styptic Agent but alot shorter. (And in my opinion a hell of a lot more balanced)

So, opinions on Dead Hard?

Can't wait for people to say "DBD is dead!", Gobernunget.

Comments

• JibbyNeutronJibbyNeutron Member Posts: 208

The nerf of DH is not the problem of this patch. Yall dont understand and will never understand

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

It's fine now, still a good Exhaustion Perks (probably third best now)

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,246
    edited July 22

You already know the answer.

It is indeed dead or at least on life support

• PBsamichShoePBsamichShoe Member Posts: 302

They nerfed a perk that required literally one brain cell to counter.

Everyone used it because it was the only perk that could reliably extend chases.

Now theyve gutted it, nerfed survivors so they have no meta whatsoever and buffed killers across the board in chase and buffed camping and tunneling.

The new dh is garbage and so is just about every single survivor perk.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,608
    edited July 22

In a much, MUCH better state.

Still going to be extremely strong in the right hands, but it actually requires skill and timing to use now and it comes with a downside attached to it that makes the reward fair, similar to Sprint Burst.

EDIT: I am unsure about the second nerf it received though, especially when taking latency into account that might have been too much.

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,675

The new Dead Hard works, it's just that now one needs skills to use it. I've just seen some demonstrations from Ayrun and CoconutRTS has made a video with some useful tips, one word being about DH.

• MoemartiMoemarti Member Posts: 20

I still use Dead hard. Its actually not a bad perk but you have to time it perfectly to be able to avoid dying.

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,771

I think it went from being a 6/5 perk to a 2/5 perk. It still has a use, but it is no longer op so I see this as an absolute win.

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 598

It's Smash Hit tier now, you can use it and it's serviceable but why would you ever use it when SB, Lithe, Overcome exists?

• BeatricksBeatricks Member Posts: 236

Due to latency and DBD being, well, DBD it's not very reliable anymore. I'm sure very experienced survivors will still get plenty of mileage out of it, but at least now it's not just an almost guaranteed free health state.

• TotemSeeker91TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 1,812
  • itsPinaitsPina Member Posts: 68

I think it's still really good and we will be seeing a lot of use in a month or so when the streamers have enough time to show the sheep how to press e at a window.

I had a ton of great success with it yesterday, it's definitely not gutted.

• NegiNegi Member Posts: 354
    edited July 22

It's pretty decent. You have to be smart with how you use it or you waste it but you get a lot of distance and can prolong a chase for a while if you pull it off. Definitely not the knee jerk "garbage" people are saying.

• RemediastRemediast Member Posts: 596

It definitely takes more skill to use than before. If I hit a survivor that uses it at the perfect time, I definitely feel they were awarded that play compared to before. I would say its short duration combined with game latency adds to the difficulty of using it. As most have said, it is not necessarily worth the perk slot if you're looking for meta, but it can definitely be fun and rewarding to use.

• Maverick_74FMaverick_74F Member Posts: 149

I mean you literally couldn't counter it when it was used for distance. When you could counter it in the open that wasn't really the issue with it. The new suv meta is here it just isn't 4 handicap perks that can extend chases by a minute, try unbreakable they didn't change that. Adrenaline is good still as well as balanced landing and lithe.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,054

In fact the timing of the new Dead Hard to avoid a hit is identical to the timing of the old Dead Hard, they’re both 0.5 second windows of protection. So if you could consistently dodge attacks with the old one you can presumably consistently block them with this new one.

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,271

the one and only time i've been hit by DH now is when a absolute gigachad of a Steve intentionally ran into me and used it because he knew i'd swing on reflex, have literally not been fooled by it at all otherwise

DH is practically dead and i've never been happier

• GiveMeTheBoxGiveMeTheBox Member Posts: 246

Holy ######### it's GoobyNugget

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 3,220

It doesn't seem to have validation like old DH so it's kinda dead right now. I've seen multiple streamers with better net than me press E (prompt goes away, animation starts) and still go down.

• GrigerbestGrigerbest Member Posts: 444

If you can't use it properly, doesn't mean everyone can't.

But I will respect the opinion so...

• Risky_BiscuitRisky_Biscuit Member Posts: 90

It's perfectly balanced now. Takes actual skill to use, requiring perfect timing to earn the endurance effect. I've yet to get frustrated by it now that they fixed it and made it actually fair.

Survivors will no longer be able to rely on a bs perk to erase their mistakes, and now have to play better and adapt. That's why they're crying. Because they lost their biggest crutches that gave them ez mode wins. Training wheels are gone, so now they think they've been "gutted". Of course, they had no problem watching killers repeatedly suffer from nerf after nerf, because that only benefitted the survivor base.

• GladonosGladonos Member Posts: 392

Who cares about Dead Hard? The game is unbalanced right now.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,408

Look, I know that some people like to pretend that DH is still a good Perk. I dont know why they are doing it, but I have also seen Killers claiming that they got outplayed by the nerfed DH.

It is completely fine to say the fact that DH is a bad Perk. It is probably still better than Smash Hit and maybe even better than Head On, but thats it.

And this is coming from someone who did not even use the Perk before the Nerf.

• Maxx_CalinMaxx_Calin Member Posts: 86

What I find funny is the fact all these people pissed off about the Dead Hard nerf don't seem to realize that Overcome is almost the exact same perk as Dead Hard. The only difference being that u have to let the killer hit u for the speed boost so to those who are pissed about the Dead Hard nerf. Just use Jonah's Overcome instead as long as they don't nerf or change it. It's a great subsitute for Dead Hard.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,877

DBD should be dead.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 5,228

The only survivors I saw using it was when I was playing blight and they got pretty good value out of it during my rush attacks. Can't be mad about it though, it's undeniably pretty skillful now.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,276

DH is in a perfectly balanced spot now. I’ve been seeing quite a few survivors time it right.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 4,295

I think they might make it 0.75 seconds at some point

Not really fussed though, I think it's okay as is