Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

24 hours of playing Solo Q Survivor: here are the results.

CanasCanas Member Posts: 822
edited July 25 in General Discussions

A quick preface: the killers are sorted by their name to keep track of who was used the most often.

As you can see Nurse was especially popular. Of these 20 matches which were played I only was able to escape 25% of the time. I'd like to mention that I had a 50% escape-rate as a Solo Q player before this patch. And no, I didn't rely on Dead Hard or anything like that.

Most of the time survivors were either throwing the game (hardly getting more than one gen done) or the killer was playing dirty from the very first moment. Camping and tunneling were especially rampant, even on high tier killers like Nurse and Spirit.

The quality of matches has drastically plummeted since the new patch, matchmaking doesn't seem to adapt either. I keep dying which keeps lowering my MMR, the result are even weaker teammates who will blatantly suicide if things don't go their way. The killers however hardly seem to change in behavior either, the experience remains unchanged.

EDIT - Here are the stats for the second session of Solo Q suffering, this time the escape-rate has improved!

Post edited by Canas on

Comments

• BeatricksBeatricks Member Posts: 236

If the weather gets better and my computer can avoid exploding when I launch the game, I might start doing stat challenges, always love to see stuff like this.

If you are going to do it again, you could make another column for DCs, it would be neat to see how often/rarely people DC from a match that isn't a 3/4k.

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,737

Iv escaped more than iv lost but I have noticed alot of survivors throwing games as well.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 5,929

Pretty similar experience to mine.

First 2 days my escape rate was around 10%. Now is around 20-25%.

• feruisferuis Member Posts: 251

For me it's about 60% escape rate

• CanasCanas Member Posts: 822

There's one more thing I've observed during these matches: my teammates hardly were aware of the new meta (Off The Record being the best perk right now), they simply died like flies just because they couldn't properly defend themselves against the tunneling. I really hope more survivors will start picking up this perk, maybe that'll help with the quality of the matches.

• Ricardo170373Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 390

My escape was 45% before update, now, my rate is 40%. But i had hatch, baby killers, so..

• NegiNegi Member Posts: 354

Yeah, there's been a lot of throwers lately. Not by virtue of being bad but intentionally suiciding on first hook. It's sad cause I've seen multiple games where the group of 3 make it to 1-2 gens, had a good chance if the other person didn't quit.

• TinoTheThortinoTinoTheThortino Member Posts: 34

As a main killer, I had a very bad experience with new long time queues and I'm not playing that role anymore.

I played several matches as survivors and now I play DBD just for boredom.

Killer role is unbalanced now for just a simple reason: 90 seconds for each gen means that your team needs 50 seconds more to complete all the gens in the trial.

Now killers can afford to camper the first survivor they get and can even manage the rest of the game. They know that they won't be punished for that, because they have so much time to waste.

Just a good SWF team can match against this kind of situation.

Playing in SoloQ is completely impossible: tunneling is not really an huge problem but obviously with new buffs is a little harder to get away from a chase; camping is no more bearable in the mid-match, maybe using Kinship and if the hooked one got Kindred you can gain more time.

Also survivors don't do gens because is boring to wait 10 seconds more to complete one, so many DCs, the new base-kit BT is completely useless and there's a lot of Nurses that don't even need to learn how to use the power.

Luckily, that's a mid-chapter so they are just testing a new-meta... I think It's a "good" starting but they need to keep it up, absolutely.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,299

I have also seen many more nurses than in the past. I'm not sure why. Folks that play high tier killers are almost uniformly incredibly sweaty and tedious, with a full load out of meta perks. It's a weird mindset.

• acharlietacharliet Member Posts: 129

I was watching a bit of his streams after update and yeah he told couple times killers got overbuffed a bit. Did Hexy lost any of game with his killers since patch ? He is a bit sweaty killer player tho.

• GannTMGannTM Member Posts: 9,639

You actually got two Spirits in a row? Lucky.

• JibbyNeutronJibbyNeutron Member Posts: 208

been watching this guy since day 1 patch and he 100% winrate as Killer so far. Yes he plays sweaty, but every Killer plays sweaty meta at mid to high level. He actually is using the strong stuff to showcase BHVR how broken it is. Because if he can use it so can everyone else

• CanasCanas Member Posts: 822

Not in a row, I did try to list the killers in a way to keep track of how often they were picked.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,973

So you´re saying that the main issue is survivors giving up and killers camping/tunneling.

• GannTMGannTM Member Posts: 9,639

Oh but still. Everyone gets her regularly but me 🥲

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,877

Well...that was to be expected, sadly.

• SalaciaSalacia Member Posts: 51
    edited July 23

With this patch, he killed the soloq, too many up killers (he even up god tier killers, while he deserves a big nerf) and too many survivor nerf.

• KayTwoAyyKayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,120

I haven't been running OTR, because most of the time the killer is able to hit me before I can reach a window or pallet. Thus, the built in basekit BT is as good as running OTR. Ironically, DS is worth more to me than it ever has been.

• mr7ba_bk_mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74

People always say that playing surv is easier than playing killer. Now, these are the consequences. Enjoy it