Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why is Mikey's T3 instant kill still in the game?

Comments

• foxsansboxfoxsansbox Member Posts: 1,919

Yes, if he's t3 you will absolutely be able to reach a locker pretty much anywhere you are.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 7,236

Whatever. I'm just gonna enjoy free moris playing Myers while I can.

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,489

A small built in mirror would be nice, give more of a jumpscare vibe.

• ACleverName4MeACleverName4Me Member Posts: 342

Because it's fun, interesting and myers is meant to keep you on your toes and be unpredictable. That's why many of his addons changes how he's played.

• JagoJago Member Posts: 1,661

A good Sadako can mori you without going through hook stages.

Take the L, go next.

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,671

The vast majority of games against Myers I escape, because he's bad. The occasional Tombstone Piece death doesn't bother me much; let the poor dude have something, because he doesn't have much. Plus I think it's kind of funny.

And as others have said, if you see it's Myers and they are taking an eternity to level up EW, you should assume they have either the TP or FT. There no sure way to tell, but little situational awareness goes a long way sometimes.

Now if they rework Myers to make him stronger (as they absolutely should), then you talk about removing his no hook insta kills.

• sonata93sonata93 Member Posts: 267

I think people justify his busted addons because he's a weak base-kit killer. Whilst that may be true, it doesn't justify the existence of (arguably) the most powerful killer addon in the game. Being able to mori a survivor out of the game with absolutely no hooks is not, by any measure, fair, healthy, or fun gameplay.

I know people say "just jump in a locker", but sometimes he can catch you off guard and a lot of Tombstone Myer's bring perks like PWYF to get speed boosts. Also, you sometimes have to assume he's brought Tombstone which essentially gives him free hooks/sacrifices.

Tombstone Piece, Judith's Tombstone, and Infinite T3 need to go when he gets reworked. Putting bandaids over a weak killer with overpowered addons is not good for the game.

• Harold_ShipmanHarold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

because its absolutely hilarious to get somebody who click click clicks at shack and doesn't realise you have a 99d tombstone piece, enduring/spirit fury and bamboozled the window

I play since 2017 and I've been honored to die like this versus Myers only 1 time.

Come on, nobody plays this guy, give him a break. He's the pure form of evil after all.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,963

Myers has an excellent pick rate. Lots of people play him. Myself included.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,818

Because its one of the most threatening, dynamic, fun and thematically appropriate mechanics in the game.

• sonata93sonata93 Member Posts: 267

That's interesting - whilst I wouldn't say I go against Tombstone Myer's 'often' persay, I see them maybe three/four times per rank reset cycle. Sure, it's not a common occurrence, but there are players out there who use Tombstone and know how to use it well. I know this thread is about that specific addon, but I go against quite a lot of infinite T3 Myers, which is another busted addon.

Also, hasn't Myers got quite a high player base? He's not top-tier popular like Blight, Nurse, Huntress etc., but he's certainly more popular than DSlinger, Twins, Freddy, Hag, etc. I could be wrong, but I thought he had quite a high pick-rate?

You're probably right about the pickrate. Not a reality I've encountered but @Dwight_Fairfield was just talking about that. Thats true tho, infinite Myers is pretty frequent.

That is correct. According to Bhvr's stats. The last one they showed were for December to January. The kill rates are on the left, the pick rates on the right. As you can see Mikey is one of the more popular played killers.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 2,543

at the end, yeah. You still loop him a bit, but you locker jump before getting to the point of being greedy. He's already wasted plenty of time getting to T3, and getting hooked is much less detrimental than being instant killed so learn to make the best of bad situations? have some agency.

• steezo_desteezo_de Member Posts: 1,010

It can be done because he was created early on in DBD when power levels were still being sorted out.. and it was BS back then too even with how strong survivor was. I like the idea behind the addon, but not how you can do it to people that you haven't stalked at all. Maybe add a minimum stalk parameter to it or that you can only use it on a survivor after first hook. That would make the addon kinda crappy but more fair than it is now.

That said, I use it all the time. It's BS, but it's in the game.

• FeryGENFeryGEN Member Posts: 445

I still wonder why the other killers weren't given that opportunity, at least after 2 hangings, or with the help of Rancor?

• Gore_DeWittGore_DeWitt Member Posts: 45

If you only repaired 1 gen before a full iridescent Myers went to T3 you are doing something wrong.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 7,236

By doing what? Focusing on one survivor the whole game, and hoping they run to every activating TV and stay within range, as opposed to running out of TV range or to the turned off ones? And they never have anyone block for them and never put a tape in to take away their condemned? Let's face it: Sadako getting her instamori is complete luck and then some.

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,671

Yeah, I once had a cocky streamer (complete with Twitch shirt cosmetic) come out of the gate clicking and trying to draw aggro, their team fed me quick, caught them in the middle of shack within the first couple minutes and murdered them.

Soooo gratifying. Cheap, but gratifying.

Morale of the story: Myers is weak, but make sure he doesn't have the tp before you BM.

A lot of people play him because he's Michael f'n Myers. But he's super weak.

He really should be buffed to reflect his horror stature.

• DyingWish92DyingWish92 Member Posts: 427

You wanna remove his tombstone add ons? Then he needs a major and I mean major base kit buff.

• AMOGUSAMOGUS Member Posts: 161

Yeah, if they added the first hook condition, we'd be going down the "mori nerfs" route 100%. The people who complain about these add-ons and want them standardized will never find it fair that they can be killed without being hooked.

It's almost as if people should stop feeding Myers (he gets his Judith's/Tombstone slowly for a reason) or loop him correctly. Or use lockers. There are defenses in place to deal with a Judith's and Tombstone.

• XperianXperian Member Posts: 29

I didn't say he had full iri. He didn't. He had tombstone piece and popped T3 after one gen because we were on an extremely open map. Thank you for immediately blaming me though instead of answering why he still has an instant kill, the only one in the game.

And no, Sadako doesn't count. She cannot get you to be condemned on her own unless you are running directly to every TV and letting her farm it on you. Mikey can farm it on anyone, save the power, and pop it when on top of you.

Because his power actively penalizes him until its payout. He has to give up gaining distance in chases to build up his power, and his only passive offsets happen when he spends his limited resource. That aside, he's the quintessential m1 killer. So his power actually directly hinders his already weak chase, which means it needs to have a massive payoff to make up for the fact he has been actively sabotaging his own efficiency. Thats why he gets instadowns normally, with kills being the only place addons could go up from there. Pair that with the ways you can counter/prevent it as well as the negatives to charge time that are stacked on top.

Like everything with myers and his chapter in general, its designed around punishing people for being careless. The people who have the biggest problems vs him are the ones that refuse to start more cautious and relax as they can work out his build by process of elimination.

• Shirtless_MyersShirtless_Myers Member Posts: 274

It shouldn't exist and is a relic of the past gameplay experience. The fact it's impossible to tell if Micheal has the addon or not is poor game design, but this game is full of that. You can guess he'll take a while to get it if he's running Tombstone, but you can't tell in solo-queue at all. Jumping in a locker is the best bet against the instant mori, but you shouldn't be required to play like that under an assumption.

The entire game is structured around having to make assumptions and adapting to the outcome. You can't even see the killer in a lobby, and neither side can see the other's perks/addons. Every match you bring a medkit you are assuming you will not be going against a plague, every time you bring a rare item you are assuming they won't be using franklins, every time you bring a flashlight you are assuming they wont have lightborn, etc. You just don't like the consequences of your decision, not the decision itself.

I disagree on both points. Iconic status doesn't keep people constantly playing someone. If it did the likes of Freddy and Ash would be way more popular. They're just as iconic in the horror genre as Michael.

Mikey needs buffs for sure (but then so does most killers), but he's nowhere near as bad as some claim.

• Shirtless_MyersShirtless_Myers Member Posts: 274

Those aren't on the same level as a game-ending addon that you can't prepare for until it happens within the game. While you may not get value out of a medkit, you still play the game as normal against a Plague. If your opponent is running Franklin's Demise you can pick the item up or continue with the game. Micheal can immediately kill you without a single hook, bypassing essential game elements and making it a guessing game whether it'll happen or not.

As an SWF, it'll be easy to tell by how long it takes and how much he's seen your teammates with callouts. In solo queue, it's nothing more than a guessing game as he can pop that at the start. Addons that alter the game that heavily shouldn't exist in the first place.

I and others have literally said how to prepare for it in this very topic. If people are careful and prevent him from building evil within, there should be 3+ gens popping by the time he even gets there. And even then, he still has to catch you to use it, which can be directly prevented by jumping into a locker. Hell if you want to get really spicy, perks like head on can even let you BM him in the process. Then he gets a down instead of an instakill, his timer expires, and the gens get done before his next T3 is ready. Being careful beats tombstone builds because it capitalizes on the massive amount of build up by denying the adequate reward.

If you're trying to use solo lack of information as an excuse, when thats what the game is intended to be designed around, your perspective is skewed. If anyone gets grabbed out of a locker early in a match, I always assume its myers until seeing evidence to the contrary. That in itself is information you can be using to prevent the first kill scenario without anyone needing to say a word, assuming you know to apply it.