Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why are devs so silent on midchapter desaster?

Comments

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 4,083

By "hard tunnelling" I mean downing you immediately after you're unhooked, which is now completely impossible. Five seconds of base BT and Haste is not useless (though there are going to be scenarios where it's not enough), and while DS got nerfed Off The Record is now far more effective as an anti-tunnel tool than DS ever was. All that adds up to tunnelling being made harder.

New players don't have to go through more of a grind. The ten extra bloodweb levels come with the benefit of slashing the grind in third for all those perks, on every subsequent character. That's better for everyone, since even in the worst case scenario you're reducing the RNG considerably and giving players more control over getting perk tiers unlocked for the perks they actively want.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,299
  • JakeCannonJakeCannon Member Posts: 399

Any word they speak can't be said too early incase something needs to be changed last second.

• CyberRoninXCyberRoninX Member Posts: 293
    edited July 29

Grind reduction doesn't matter when a very large portion of the community is solo and they are having a miserable time. Most of my matches are solo and most of the time my team cant even keep the killer busy for any amount of time. When ever killer is running gen reduction perks and no one can keep the killer busy makes it a loss every match. Not to mention the lack of communication in solo is a major issue. When one person goes up on the hook the other three teammates stop their gen and go for the unhook. Which the devs should have know for years now that communication is a huge issue and yet they do nothing about it. This game was more skill based for killer and solo before the update excluding the DH nerf (needed if you ask me).

• Killing_TimeKilling_Time Member Posts: 641

The patch was a major success but there are a few things that are stupid like Iri Add-on being non existent, bloodweb tax, and I personally don't like how you have to prestige 3 levels.

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 2,365

Survivor player here. New update is a success imo. More perks are fun now.

• CyberRoninXCyberRoninX Member Posts: 293

No because the game is survivor vs killer. They nerfed one thing and kept jolt, thana, and many more. Increased speed to damage a gen makes the nerf to ruin almost useless when you have call of brine.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,884

I am sorry for how your games turned out. With you I am sure that it isn't a skill issue, so I don't know why you get tunneled game after game, while I experienced this only occasionally.

But whatever the case, soloQ AND camping (and to a lesser extent tunneling) are the big issues that arose during this patch. SoloQ always had it rough, but in the new meta playing together and being somewhat efficient is more important then ever, so I would really appreciate if BHVR could throw this action icons in better sooner then later.

They won't magically make all problems disappear, but they would solve a lot of the inefficiency and redundancy problems plaguing soloQ.

@C3Tooth made a pretty good post somewhere explaining how much time soloQ groups waste just because no one knows what the other is doing, and here the action icons would help a lot.

BUT I still can't wrap my head around the fact that a multi-player game, that revolves so heavily around cooperation and working together as dbd, as 6 years into its life cycle not even the most primitive of chat wheel. Like everyone got one of those, so what's the problem (spaghetti code, probably :V)?

And in the same vein, why don't you have more emotes? We don't need all the cringy Fortnight dances, but I bet half the player base would pay some neat auric cells for some cute Feng emotes.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,823

I like the new changes and so do many others, I don't think its the disaster that you want it to be.

I'm sorry the game changed in a way that makes it less fun for you but its only a game and its still fun.

They'll be other changes so it really isn't the end of the world and the DEVs are quiet because they probably know they have to tune out a month of tantrum change shock BS before any real feedback of worth bubbles up from the depths of all the whining.

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,158

I have faced alot of body blockers now so I decided to put on Forced Penance.....and Sloppy Butcher.....strange most people stopped body blocking I wonder why

• NegiNegi Member Posts: 354

Just needs more fine tuning. It's been 9 days and you guys are unrelenting like it's been months, take some deep breaths lol.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 5,108

Most people think the game is balance.

Few people still think the game is survivor sided

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,975

Eh? The reception to this seems very negative. Like, the Overwatch 2 beta that had tons of negativity after we got screwed for 2 years and they charged people for access to a game going free to play was less poorly received than this patch. I, like many others, believe the reactions are blown out of proportion. However, objectively, the feedback could not really be worse.

I believe they are silent on the matter as they do not have a response prepared as they were likely not expecting something as poorly received as a Blizzard update. I do not blame them, really. No way they could have seen this coming.

• Dead_HarderDead_Harder Member Posts: 1,279
    edited July 29
  • BeatricksBeatricks Member Posts: 239

Remember how many years it took them to nerf keys? Yeah. Not a good sign.

• NazzzakNazzzak Member Posts: 769

Well, for one thing they never comment on anything really until a good amount of time has passed. We are all still waiting for a Sadako buff and she came out in March. Theyd have enough stats by now to show how low her kills are (most people would probably in agreement that theyd be pretty low) and perhaps theyre waiting to see how the latest update affects her? But anyway, they make decisions based on game statistics, and those take time. If, for example, they wanted a 5% kill rate increase across the board but in 3 months the stats are showing a consistent 10% increase then they'll probably say something. If they're happy with the stats then they'll probably say very little.

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,324

Why wouldn't you hard camp and tunnel. It's a winning strategy. Your choices really are:

Play extremely fair, lose, and get teabagged & flashlight clicked in the exit gates

Camp and tunnel and lose, get teabagged & flashlight clicked in the exit gates

Camp and tunnel and win, zero teabagging & flashlight clicking in the exit gates cause they're all dead

I know what I'd pick

• TiufalTiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Makes no sense. How can more perks be fun as most perks just got nerfed into nothingness?