The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Brutal Strength Buff Ideas

Brutal Strength in my opinion, feels like it does not give enough of a bonus to be worth a perk slot. Even though 20% increase pallet break speed and generator break speed is good, i feel it is not high enough, mainly for pallet break speed. I would make it 10/20/30% increase pallet break speed and gen break speed. At rank 3, this would make pallet break speed around 2 seconds.

Buffing the numbers alone would help this perk, but still not enough. I have 2 ideas on extra effects for Brutal Strength.

First, i would make it at any rank, it takes 2 seconds of repairing a generator to stop the regression. Regression still occurs during the 2 seconds and no progression occurs. Extra survivors working on the generator does not affect the 2 seconds of regression. This would counter a survivor tapping the generator mid chase to stop regression.

Second, i would make this perk cause generators to regress faster. I would say 50/75/100%. This would mean at rank 3, 2 seconds of regression equals 1 second of a survivor progress on a generator.

Overall, my buff does sound a little on the extreme side. However, i feel brutal strength needs it's base values increased and at least one of the effects i mentioned to be considered a good perk instead of a decent perk.

Comments

• DCh4rlieDCh4rlie Member Posts: 18
    Buffing Brutal Strength would put us back to the time before the pallet breaking "buff" when BS was simply a must have in your perk setup. 
    IMO it's fine in its current state: Not a must have, but makes things feel much better and "smoother" (I'm still using BS).

And IMO that's how perks are supposed to be: Helping you out while you can also just switch up perks to suit your playstyle. Right now, I think that there are too many perks that are more of a "must have" rather than a optional/additional helper.
    As an example, take exhaustion perks (survivor side) or Ruin (killer side). - Even though I use neither of them, I can see while so many players have them in their loadouts.

Regarding your two other ideas, I think those buffs would fit better with Overcharge rather than BS. They sound good, but I believe Overcharge needs buffs more urgently than BS and if you ask me, BS should stay more of a "hunting perk" rather than a "gen stopper". 
  • HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,272

I would like a perk that makes Gens Regress faster, that's the only thing missing right now, we got Perks that Destroy the Gen, destroy it Faster, destroy it More, keep Track of of it, but not Regress it more.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,593

@DCh4rlie said:
    Buffing Brutal Strength would put us back to the time before the pallet breaking "buff" when BS was simply a must have in your perk setup. 
    IMO it's fine in its current state: Not a must have, but makes things feel much better and "smoother" (I'm still using BS).

And IMO that's how perks are supposed to be: Helping you out while you can also just switch up perks to suit your playstyle. Right now, I think that there are too many perks that are more of a "must have" rather than a optional/additional helper.
    As an example, take exhaustion perks (survivor side) or Ruin (killer side). - Even though I use neither of them, I can see while so many players have them in their loadouts.

Regarding your two other ideas, I think those buffs would fit better with Overcharge rather than BS. They sound good, but I believe Overcharge needs buffs more urgently than BS and if you ask me, BS should stay more of a "hunting perk" rather than a "gen stopper". 

No it wouldn't be a 'must have' because the base speed is fine. Brutal strength would just be a good way for killers who need to break pallets. It'd make it a viable and amazing perk. I want this buff. Although honestly, I think it should bbe 40% but that might be broken.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,604

Brutal strength is among those Killer perks that only increase some base variable.
    Enduring, Brutal Strength, Shadowborn, Unrelenting, Stridor, to some extend even Bloodhound and Predator, could be I missed some.
    They might be removed in favor of slight buffs to the basekit, and/or be replaced with more interactive or conditional perks.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 2,898

@HatCreature said:
    I would like a perk that makes Gens Regress faster, that's the only thing missing right now, we got Perks that Destroy the Gen, destroy it Faster, destroy it More, keep Track of of it, but not Regress it more.

I get what you mean but at the same time would you choose a perk that makes a gen regress faster over one that applies its full effect instantly?

Pop goes the weasel instantly removes 25% so would a perk that (just an example) doubles the regress speed be worth taking? It would still be susceptible to tapping the gen. Not saying it couldn't be a perk just not sure I see a place for it on a personal level.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,604

@MegaWaffle said:

@HatCreature said:

I get what you mean but at the same time would you choose a perk that makes a gen regress faster over one that applies its full effect instantly?

Pop goes the weasel instantly removes 25% so would a perk that (just an example) doubles the regress speed be worth taking? It would still be susceptible to tapping the gen. Not saying it couldn't be a perk just not sure I see a place for it on a personal level.

Pop goes the Weasel has condition and a timer, a regression perk would probably apply to any kicked generator, which maybe would make it compareable if applied to multiple generators.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,272

@MegaWaffle said:

@HatCreature said:

Pop Goes The Weasel doesn't get a whole lot of use from me because I only get 30 seconds to use it and if I find a Gen that REALLY needs that 25% I might not have it even activated so I give it a normal tap. If I had one that doubled regression I wouldn't have that problem and would prefer it more myself. I've been using Surveillance a lot and this would go great with that.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 427

@RandomGuy said:
    Brutal Strength in my opinion, feels like it does not give enough of a bonus to be worth a perk slot. Even though 20% increase pallet break speed and generator break speed is good, i feel it is not high enough, mainly for pallet break speed. I would make it 10/20/30% increase pallet break speed and gen break speed. At rank 3, this would make pallet break speed around 2 seconds.

Buffing the numbers alone would help this perk, but still not enough. I have 2 ideas on extra effects for Brutal Strength.

First, i would make it at any rank, it takes 2 seconds of repairing a generator to stop the regression. Regression still occurs during the 2 seconds and no progression occurs. Extra survivors working on the generator does not affect the 2 seconds of regression. This would counter a survivor tapping the generator mid chase to stop regression.

Second, i would make this perk cause generators to regress faster. I would say 50/75/100%. This would mean at rank 3, 2 seconds of regression equals 1 second of a survivor progress on a generator.

Overall, my buff does sound a little on the extreme side. However, i feel brutal strength needs it's base values increased and at least one of the effects i mentioned to be considered a good perk instead of a decent perk.

Im not gonna lie, when I first started this game I thought thats what the perk did, make gens regress faster. Damn thing actually had nothing to do with gen regression.....damn.

Would faster gen regression be a cool idea for a perk or ability? Yes. Pop goes the weasel instantly regresses gens, why not have a perk that speeds up regression. Dunno, maybe theres some numbers they wanna keep specific before diving into such an idea but it seems like an idea that would fit into the game.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 4,741
    I’d love to see Pop Goes The Weasel to be buffed so that at all times it provides faster gen regression, and the instant 25% still stands if you can get to a gen in time after a hook.