Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

This is the 2nd time in DBD history where we gotten a gain loss of -10K+ (-12,182)

2»

Comments

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,387

seems like There is 20500 constant decline across 7 ######### months before may lol

Net positive!

• BrhoomBrhoom Member Posts: 238

Any reason but the awful patch 😂

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,387

That's simply because anniversary event has been extended for july in most year, and that's not the case this year.

Just check dbd wiki and event date.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 14,145

Could be.

The Event also didn't bring gamebreaking bugs this year

• MaTtRoSiTyMaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 324

Once the survivors crying get withdrawals they will be back...

This was one of the best patches, if not the best patch ever. Of course players will need to adapt and some adjustments will need to be made but as a survivor main who rarely plays now I was pleasantly surprised.

Even then I was personally very sad to see my beloved Iron Will all but destroyed but oh well, more excuses to use other perks now

• The_C12H15NO2The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 324

i liked this patch overall. probably the best patch in all the years of dbd. The camping/tunneling increase is honestly b/c it's the best strategy for almost all killers. A majority of maps have so many strong pallets and insanely strong main buildings, it's a waste of killer time to go for chases.

When i que up in solo survivor, OTR and Kindred are a must have. the amount of solo's who don't run kindred amaze me. it tells you everything you need to know to be efficient.

• ByeByeQByeByeQ Member Posts: 700

Ok, let's look at the the patterns then.

For the first 4 years of its life DbD enjoyed consistent growth in its player numbers and every time it peaked more players stayed after those peaks and DbD enjoyed continued success. The game grew an average player base of 10k on launch to 40k over that period on Steam.

Over the last 2 years DbD has stagnated. Despite the biggest DLC drop ever in Resident Evil which brought massive amounts of players to the game, there are less players staying to play DbD than 2 years ago. For a game that is unique, addictive and still without any serious competition, that's disappointing to say the least.

Looking at the the data since July 19th when the mid-chapter dropped DbD has dropped around 10% if not more of its player base. Granted the mid-chapter is not the only thing affecting player numbers, but if the the mid-chapter was an overall positive change to the game then DbD should not be experiencing such a large downward trend.

Speculation: Should another RE chapter drop for the next chapter we will see another spike of thousands of players. I predict that peak won't break 100k and will be firmly in the shadow of the first RE chapter. Why? Because many RE fans already tried DbD and then promptly left over the next few months. Some of those players are just not interested in DbD anymore. After that spike we will continue to see numbers that are stagnant or trend downwards. I'd love to be wrong, but unless the next chapter drop addresses some of the core problems DbD has I doubt I will be.

Perhaps I am just more cynical than you are about it.

• PoodleDoodlePoodleDoodle Member Posts: 26
    1. Anniversary event. People coming in got 600% bp so pointing at those numbers doomposting is ######### stupid.
    2. The great grind reduction lie with the removal of bbq/wglf + prestige is an actual turn off. It does not help that BHVR is completely incompetent thet cannot add in an incentive system without it utterly failing. And even if it did work the reward is laughable.

There's large issues of this game and rightly so with this company's inability to create simile effective solutions but you pointing at numbers go up and down on one platform is pointless.

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 602
    edited August 1

17k gained in June (Tons of BP events)

12k loss in July.

13k Gained July 2021

11k loss August 2021. Still a gain. Another Event/BP drop.

If you look throughout history you'll see plenty of gain/loss ratios, that aren't BIG NUMBER, but that's a trend. There's actually only one point in history where it actually double gained 6k/6k and retained those numbers. I suggest you pay more attention to statistics before you try to use them as an example of a bad patch where everyone is leaving. It just makes you look really ignorant and grasping for straws.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,221

You obviously cut off the months before August 2021

Notice how both that loss and the June loss were preceded by very large gains. Basically they’re both just examples of regressing to the mean after a big short term boost.

• hailxsatanxeveryxdayhailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 560

If there's a cash prize at the Worst Analogy of the Year Awards this year, you're going to be a rich man.

It looks like that gain/loss was from the anniversary event. 17,000 people came for the event, and 5,000 stayed.

• Rise432Rise432 Member Posts: 98
    edited August 1

I did say the game wasnt dying and I am aware that its more alive then ever. I only said it was hit by a large loss gain