Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Thanatophobia change has been announced

Comments

• WewantjasonWewantjason Member Posts: 129

Great. So now it’s just useless. Two injures or theee being average means 4-6 percent decrease that’s useless. Once again killers finally get a little bit of love and survivors ruin it

so if the survivors all protested by rage quoting and dying On hook when do killers start protesting and not playing ?

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 3,312

Thana is dead imo except on plague. Legion now you just need 1 survivor to heal up and it mitigates most of the penalty. Not worth it.

I think Mettle of Man change is a nerf. Sure you need 1 less hit but you have to not progress the game in order to use it once it’s ready and the killer can see that you have it since they see you before you use it now, not after. Horrible rework imo.

I don’t really see why pain resonance + storm was a problem, but okay.

DMS is also pretty bad now on most killers. But I’m happy camping as artist w/ it won’t be as strong anymore so I don’t really mind too much.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,613

Thank you!!! At least they are listening. I'm hoping more changes are on the way.

• UnknownKillerUnknownKiller Member Posts: 2,277

What I read in all those explanation If you cry you get it.So im gonna cry about thana nerf.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 5,556

It's still easy enough to counter on Plague due to the fountains, but at least Thana Plague can force survivors to feed her corrupt purge.

But overall, Thana is basically dead. MoM is basically dead. DMS is bad on it's own, but okay when paired with PR.

• hailxsatanxeveryxdayhailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 560

Thana joins Ruin and Corrupt in the garbage pile. If I were one of the killers running it every match, I'd be pretty mad.

Before 6.10, Thana was A-tier in a handful of builds on a handful of killers, but there were better perks in most situations. After the update, its (tiny) buff combined with the increased generator times made it A-tier on any gen regression build. Couldn't they just have found a spot in the middle?

Plus side, everyone will be healing like crazy once they see Thana, which means it'll synergize with Nurse's better than it did before.

And at least PR is stacking with DMS again. I never ran that combo much in the first place, and I'd rather have a notification, but whatever. Never saw the PR/MS combo in the wild, and it seems like it'd be hard enough to pull off that it didn't need a nerf.

Congrats on my boy Clown coming back from the dead.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,166

They nerfed Mettle of Man, the buff was to make up for the nerf.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 5,556

Corrupt is still good on killers who can take the advantage of the 2 minutes to set up.

• serpentk1ngserpentk1ng Member Posts: 17

This change would be fine if heal speeds were nerfed alongside it. Plague and legion are the only two that might get value from this perk now, because survivors can just grab a medkit, sit in their infinite circle of healing, and just heal up in 10 seconds, completely nullifying the perk. 6% slowdown is nothing, and you'll never keep the 20% for more than a few seconds unless playing against absolute beginners.

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,375

I’m just realizing it now holy #########. This is one time they need to scrap and rework the perk cause In it’s current form it’s either to weak or to ######### strong

• VoidOfMeVoidOfMe Member Posts: 237

that's a lot if you compare to some survivor perks that adds 1-2% for gen repair like the david tapp one lol

• TselaTsela Member Posts: 495

so a fixed percentage nerf instead of this would be better. or make it something like it should work only when survivors are injured by basic attacks like Sloppy Butcher for example. That would nerf the legion's ability to make so much use out of it for example. But as it is, I don't think it's a good idea because at least on paper it looks like it will become completely worthless.

• DBK1DBK1 Member Posts: 66

Why are you pretending like Legion can't force a broken status after a survivor mends.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 5,229

"Thana is still just as bad, cutting its time in half does nothing "😭

"The survivors win again, killers have to go on strike"😭

Never change, forums

• DukeligosDukeligos Member Posts: 2

As someone who plays Plague a lot, I like the direction of the Thana change. I always brought it if I wanted to incentive people to cleanse.

I now have a hard time seeing survivors resist removing that extra 14% (2% for the 4th injury and the 12% for having all 4 injured) by having at least one person cleanse. It may be weak if one survivor stealth all game and never get infected, but it's something I can work around somewhat. The most boring Plague games are those where the survivors refuse to cleanse all game.

Though I probably would increase the extra penalty for having everyone injured. It's very easy for the survivors to have 1 person healthy at all times and considering how weak the perk is without having everyone injured, I think that it should have a bigger payoff if you pull it off.

• hailxsatanxeveryxdayhailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 560

I didn't run it on anyone but Trapper before, and I don't run it on anyone but Trapper now, but there's no denying the rework knocked it down several tiers.

• serpentk1ngserpentk1ng Member Posts: 17

I know it might be hard to read, but about 15 words in, I mention that legion is one of the only two killers that can use this perk effectively.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,299

They killed it. 6% for having three survivors injured? That's nothing.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 4,306

You aren't 100% forced to be broken

That addon only applies if you self mend, you can 99 a self mend and get a teammate to finish it and you will not be broken.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,973

Because... somewhere out there, there is a player who uses MoM to the fullest and his escape rate is off the charts.

You know, like that one Twins main that single handedly dragged their kill rate up.

You're right. My fault. Read it wrong like an idiot. How? idk

• WewantjasonWewantjason Member Posts: 129
    edited August 1

This rework is trash. Literally useless on anyone but plague. Why can’t anything ever be balanced?

you don’t want Camping and tunneling every game? Idk what you people expect. Just keep taking the slow down perks from killers then cry about having to tunnel someone out to slow the game down yeah that makes sense

good job survivors. You whined and cried and now thana is gone. If you don’t think that’s not going to make the tunneling and camping worse you’re stupid. What are we going to do with this trash perk now? Gens are going to go fast again which means MORE tunneling.

Atleast it’s not being nerfed as bad mettle of man. Single dumbest nerf I’ve seen in any game ever. Yeah let’s have a survivor force multiple protection hits, they can’t heal themselves because it’s a conspicuous action, so they need ANOTHER survivor to not do gens and heal them one for hit once twice for hit two, AND they themselves can’t contribute to the game to keep it active

MoM is basically the worst survior perk in the game now. It actually only works if the team is throwing . What kind of stupid idea is this garbage?

thana is going right back to being used on only two killers. I have to take it off dredge blight spirit and go right back to the same meta build I had before with pop. Great job.

every game is already back to ds and dead hard, just being used differentiu

every game will be right back to pop, pain res,

like this entire patch is just slowly going to revert to the old meta. This is stupid. It’s just becoming the old meta with off the record and more longer gen times

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 4,077

The only killers who used Thana consistently before are the two that can easily injure and maintain injures. How much it gives at three survivors injured is only relevant insofar as a single heal is easier counterplay than everyone finding the time to heal and do gens.

Like I said. I'd like to see it be more useful across the board, but this maintains its current use case while addressing how obnoxious it can feel. It's fine.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,878

While this is true and people will cry about literally everything, they also cry about legetimate issues, its just sometimes hard to differentiate, but in this case it was valid, imho.

Like people will cry if you scratch them, they will definitely cry if you loop of their hands, the trick is to look at the big picture.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,878

An interesting side effect of the Thana nerf will be, that survivors, for the first time in human history, will wanna heal a lot when versing Legion instead of just siting it out. I see this as its own kinda win. Lets hope that they all got Self Care equipped :>

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,299

No, it doesn't. All one survivor has to do is cleanse or heal and it's back to 6%. 6% is 1% more than you got for a single stack previously. Do you think it's difficult for one survivor to cleanse? For one survivor to heal? I main legion and I'll tell you: I every survivor on the map doesn't become and stay injured as soon as I push m2. The perk does nothing unless all four survs are injured and that simply does not happen.

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 4,077

No, I don't think it's difficult. I also think that its current state is a problem, and so reigning it in by making its peak effectiveness less consistent is a perfectly acceptable choice.

Thanataphobia is not a good perk, right now, on live servers. It's a bad perk two killers can transform into a truly obnoxious perk. It will remain, after this nerf, a bad perk two killers can use somewhat less effectively. I would still prefer to see it changed overall, but it's still only useful for Legion and Plague, that hasn't changed.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 4,306

No problem! This also applies to the mangled and hemmorage addons too.

I make it a point when I see these addons to 99 my mend and get a teammate to finish it to avoid the status effects, it also seems contagious like

When I do it, my teammates catch on and start doing it too. It's nice

• SludgeSludge Member Posts: 768

RIP Thana Legion