The information and answers provided are anonymous, not shared with any third-party, and will not be used for purposes other than survey analysis.
Access the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DbD-PlayerSurvey
Make the game more about stealth and less about the chase
Make the game Stealth oriented. Not Chase oriented
In the current meta the entire game is based around the idea of the chase, the Killers have lots of tools to find the survivors who have too few tools to hide. This ends up meaning that the perks and powers which help in the chase end up disproportionally better than everything else. I think significantly buffing the survivors ability to hide and significantly nerfing their ability to run. This helps in a few of different areas the game currently is weak in:
Dead by daylight is supposed to be a horror game. The best way to make that work is to have the core gameplay be about hiding in a tense situation. However right now the game is about running which is far too actiony for horror and ends up just feeling silly. A killer that can see you should feel like a MASSIVE threat compared to a killer that can't, in comparison a killer that can't see you should be more of a roadblock than a threat, that is of course unless you left a sign of where you are without realizing it.
The currently best perks for survivors and the best killers are all of the chase oriented ones. Think how much the Nurse breaks the game because of how she ignores all of the windows and pallets, if those were less of a focus and more of a last resort then a blink would be far less of a broken mechanic. And the currently worst killers in the game are the ones who are themselves stealthy and the ones who excel at tracking over chasing. Rebalancing the game around stealth would turn this on it's head and make the chase oriented killers more about map pressure and stealth oriented killers can be more effective due to mitigating stealth which is more important if it is more of a threat.
The exact details of how this is accomplish is not important. However I should suggest some anyways as it is far easier to state a goal than a method
- Nerf survivor speed boosters around the board. Things like sprint burst and lice should be 125% instead of 150%
- Nerf Killer aura tracking perks. Blood and Chili for example might only trigger on the 1st few hooks depending on rarity and bittur murmur could be only the person who actually was working on the generator instead of just those nearby it
- Add in more variety to hiding spots. Things like lockers that aren't lockers. Maybe crawl spaces that connect 2 places but you can be grabbed while using them and there is no fast option.
- Nerf obvious tracking mechanics, buff subtle ones. I'm saying make noise notifications all be heard at a much shorter range (maybe only a little outside a terror radius) in general and reduce scratch mark time. However make breathing noises, running footsteps ect a bit louder and add in footprints on some surfaces that last longer than scratches but not as long as blood and are always seen while not croutching
- Nerf all stuns (but not blinds). Things like pallet stuns and DS should not last nearly as long (like 30-40% less around the board) and with Endurence should be almost nonexistent. Actually breaking pallets would not need to be shorter.
- Less loops, more forks. The killers main threat in a chase should not be windows or pallets, it should be blind spots and places the survivor can use to quickly get out of sight.
- Increase survivor walking speed, decrease running speed. So that distance can be capicalised on by survivors by getting out of sight more so than getting to another loop.
- Increase Killer Vaulting speed. Not to survivor speed or anything but still like 10% ish faster than it is now. If a Killer takes all the Vaulting perks and maxes them then it should be survivor speed (note: thats 2 perk slots I'm pretty sure. And remember that fire up takes time to build up)
- Increase survivor hitbox. Nothing more to say here
- Make gens easier to do but also add other requirements to escaping. For example maybe grabbing an item in the basement. If its something that could be camped such as a basement key then powering ALL the generators should be a secondary way to open the gates, doing this should take much longer than 5 gens now but that would just be the plan B
Probably a lot of other stuff I'm not thinking of