Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Lethal Pursuer is a bit over-tuned, no?

GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,760

It was already a powerful perk before the recent buff, particularly on Nurse and Blight. Now I’d argue it’s so good that you’re handicapping yourself by not using it. I’ve been using Distortion to counter it, but it doesn’t do much when I spawn next to other Survivors who don’t have it.

What do you think? Did Lethal Pursuer really need a buff when there are plenty of weaker perks that need some love?

P.S. shout-out to you Nurse players using Midwich offerings + Lethal and basically winning the match in 10 seconds.

Comments

• ausanimalausanimal Member Posts: 537

It's fine as it is as the main part of the perk is done after 9 seconds which is what most killers use it for is to see where survivors spawned, the +2 sec buff is really not that great or to be worried about, if they added it to the main reason for it so 11 sec at tier 3 then i could agree that is was over-tuned.

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,352

Yes, a perk that literally only works on first few second is not quite fun to use even if it's actually not that bad.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,852

Wait.... didn't they add time on other aura reading perks with Lethal Pursuer?

• Sparks741420Sparks741420 Member Posts: 134

the added 2 seconds for other perks is def easily abused...

• KerJuiceKerJuice Member Posts: 1,679

I 100% agree. It was already a great perk that was catching on. The sooner the killer gets into a chase, the better. I don’t think anyone saw that perk being good, when Nemmie dropped. I sure as hell didn’t. Now it adds 2 seconds to aura reading? Pairs well with Barbecue, Dark Devotion, and Scourge Floods.

Uh... it's just two seconds, it's not like aura perks will be game changer unless it's nurse.

• MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 973
  • AnchorTeaAnchorTea Member Posts: 856

It's perfect. I love the extra time added with it. Simplicity at it's finest.

• KolbyKolbyKolbyKolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 499

The buff to lethal was like one of the only good things that came from the patch what are you even talking about

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,173

It is useful though. For instance, I played a match the other day with Oni with Lethal Pursuer plus his red add-on that shows survivor auras when they touch a blood orb. Normally that aura is only 2 seconds but with Lethal Pursuer it's 4 seconds, twice as long, which is a nice buff to it. I don't remember the other things I ran off-hand but I definitely got value out of that combo (including getting an early chase and hit because of Lethal Pursuer.)

• AcelynnBenAcelynnBen Member Posts: 592

it was next to useless but with the current buff i can actually use it without feeling like im playing with 3 perks

• GrimoireWeissGrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,300

It's 25% of the killer's build that goes away after 11 seconds... The 2 extra seconds in aura perks/addons is decent but hardly game changing

• RpTheHotrodRpTheHotrod Member Posts: 514

It's only a problem for specific killers. Shouldn't neef a whole perk because nurses use it. If it's a problem, then they should look into the killers it's a problem with.

It IS useful but nowhere close to OP or even calling "abusable".

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,173

Oh sure, I'm not aware of anything actually broken about it.

• CarthCarth Member Posts: 892

A killer perk that doesn't turn itself off or function worse than baseline mechanics unless you remove a lot of gen slowdown to take advantage of the +2? Oh no. Anyways.

• BiscuitsBiscuits Member Posts: 786

I feel like you have two roads to go down right now to significantly slow the game down as a killer. You can either run lethal with an aura build or run corrupt intervention. Before this patch I pretty much just always ran corrupt, but with lethal buffed it feels like you have more options.

Lethal is great on killers who have built in aura reading or can make use of BBQ.

Corrupt is great for slow killers who have a hard time moving around the map.

I wish there were more perks for early game to give you time to find people, or a killer who struggles to get setup has more time to do so.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,176

I mean you're assuming that if these things are changed about these killers then everything else remains the same. Sadako could get access to her teleport earlier, but the cooldowm between teleports is longer earlier in the trial. Nurse could have a faster movement speed but take longer to get blink tokens.

Not saying these are changes that should necessarily happen, just stuff off the top of my head.

Also I said I don't think Sadako should have to wait 30 seconds, not that she should be able to immediately teleport nonstop

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 1,436

It's not overtuned. Before it was kinda of a waste of a slot. Did you get value out of it? Yeah pretty much all the time. But is it worth a perk slot? No. Now it's ok but It feels kinda badly designed cause why would you want to stack info perks.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,314

Lethal is fine.

You get a good early game for killers with good chase and then after that you get slightly longer aura reads which encouarges you to use more tracking, which is a good thing IMO. If you nerf everything that isn't gen slowdown into the dirt people are just going to run 4 gen slowdowns which is incredibly boring