Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 6-1-0 PTB Feedback

Spine Chill

then4321then4321 Member Posts: 234

My brother stopped playing DBD, because of the SC change, he is deaf.

I'm freakin done with you guys, soo inconsiderate. Completely ignored everyone that said don't change it, because of people who are hearing impaired.

Good job Devs, I hope you feel proud.

Comments

• AnchorTeaAnchorTea Member Posts: 856

It's technically better for hearing impaired though

• then4321then4321 Member Posts: 234

Are you saying my brother is wrong? You think it IS better for him?

Okay, cool. I'll let him know he's wrong, cause you say it's better for him now.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,936

They have stated they changed it due to feedback so that it indicates the terror radius.so now it is better than before as it gives the same info as the TR and doesn’t give more info on stealth killers (which old SC did. and which was a benefit independent of accessibility or not). New SC also cant be outplayed by the killer via moonwalking.

this is not a longterm solution as they also stated they don’t want such an accessibility feature covered by a perk.

• AnchorTeaAnchorTea Member Posts: 856

I'm sorry if that came across as hurtful. I meant to say that an indicator of how physically close you are to a killer is more powerful than what we had before. Killers would counter pre patch Spine Chill by looking away from gens at a 45 degree angle. This is kind of a major buff.

It's okay.

It's not a buff though, and I'll tell you what he said.

This is mainly about stealth killers. When we play, * I * can hear stealth killers around corners like Wraith (breath and bing bong), Shape (breath and footsteps), Pig (grunt or knife noise), Ghost Face (cloth flapping)... or really any killer with oblivious effects make some noise (breathing or footsteps). He can't hear any of that, and new SC doesn't do jack for any of those problems. It's completely unfair for hearing impaired people.

New SC, first off, the LOS is buggy as all heck, lights up even when the killer is NOT in LOS. As for the TR part, he said he might as well run Diversion or Stake Out. They basically do the same thing AND you actually get benefits. So what's the point of new SC for him? He said there is not point, and he stopped playing.

He's read everything they've said about this issue. Please read the above and you'll, hopefully, understand where the true unfairness lies.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,936

That’s more understandable and should have been mentioned in the OP.

it would be very nice to get some kind of noise notifications for stuff like this for sure. I would still argue that Spine Chill in its previous state wasn’t always helpful there as you still didn’t know if the killer was actually going for you or was right at you - but I see how it was very much better than nothing