Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Good job, BHVR, you completely obliterated Thanatophobia

AarcvanDemenAarcvanDemen Member Posts: 46
edited August 2 in General Discussions

You might as well revert the buff to Thana to its original state because this is just pathetic. Because Plague and Legion get to have use out of this perk doesn't mean that other killers have to suffer from it. What the hell is the point of using this unique perk on Nurse when it's originally designed for her? No reason whatsoever.

Please, rethink your balance choices, this is complete asinine.

Comments

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,620

Honestly the least thing they could have done with this nerf is have it count in dead people as well.

Seriously, the only way you ever get any use from it is by having all 4 Survivors alive and injured. As soon as one of them dies, disconnects or heals the entire Perk goes in the bin.

6% is laughably low, ESPECIALLY since it doesn't affect anything else than repairing, sabotaging and cleansing speed.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 2,019

I have some solid guesses but I'm not trying to get banned.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 4,872

The issue is that Thana Legion and Plague are barely any weaker than before. Thana was a pretty average slowdown perk on everyone else; it wasn't bad, but you could get more mileage out of gen regression perks. So this didn't really change the meta for anyone.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,299

It's worthless on legion now. There's medkits nearly every game and all a survivor has to do is bang out a 10s heal to deny an entire perk slot for the killer. That's assuming that survivors just don't leave as soon as they see mend. Most of my chain frenzies are 2-3 targets which doesn't benefit me at all anymore.

At least plague gets a fountain out of it.

edited August 2

I know that when I play killer, I put those perks in my uhh... Six perk slots which I definitely have.

I also like how you slapped Sloppy in there for reasons.

Thing is, it puts survivors in a position where they can either waste time or waste time. Healing is pointless versus Legion (aside from doing risky hook saves) because you can't really avoid the first hit and they can find you so easily, so while the reward isn't as tangible as Corrupt Purge, telling survivors to heal is still benefitting the Legion. Especially when any medkits run out. Unless the Legion is really flopping, they're still going to get good slowdown out of Thana, one way or the other.

• IkalxIkalx Member Posts: 123

I'm not much of a killer player and I don't use thanatophobia much, but what I'm really curious about is jumps in balancing. I've seen it in a lot of games, but honestly it's interesting to know the reason and number break down behind them.

Like, why 5.5% to 2%? Why not 3%? Why is it 8%+12% and not say...10%+10%? Or just 15% overall? Is it because of other perk interactions that make up the percentages or..?

For that matter I'm kinda curious about why so many percentages exist in odd forms in dbd, like a 2% action speed bonus in spine chill. Is that a holdover from something else, or just to make the ranks up?

It's not pointless if you can make it efficient. Legion doesn't magically fly to your location as soon as you're healed and immediately injure you. He's gotta frenzy then catch you and in the meantime he's not getting any value out of thana. Then if during chase with you a single ally heals he's back to square one with thana value.

So it's just a matter of efficiency. Is it efficient to keep one survivor healed in order to deny an entire killer perk slot? Of course it is. Especially with how fast heals are with buffed botany and Circle.

• RovendRovend Member Posts: 268

i didnt think i would have to clarify that you cant use those six perks at the same time, and you can use differente combination of those six.

Have you ever played a thana legion with sloppy? even if it does not affect directly to gen repair speed, it will affect you if you have 4 thana stacks and everyone has mangled effect. It is really not that difficult to see

I've never played vs. a thana legion with sloppy, but I have *been* a thana legion with sloppy. Sloppy isn't that great on them cuz it only counts on the final hit. I prefer brutal or bamboozle. Legion's weakness is in chase and it's better to cover that however you can.

• RovendRovend Member Posts: 268

Frenzy doesn't apply Sloppy, though... the Legion addon that applies Mangled when people mend is way more powerful.

Eh, fair enough. I doubt it'll be viable in every situation, and you can't rely on specific survivor perks or items or items across the board, but survivors can generally keep someone healed versus a non-snowballing Legion. I maintain it is still slowdown, though, since decent survivors wouldn't be healing versus Legion otherwise and it doesn't usually benefit them to be healthy.

• FrostyEyesSusieFrostyEyesSusie Member Posts: 415

This is just a step towards a camping meta. Thanatophobia encouraged killers to patrol and injure as many survivors as possible and keep them injured instead of sitting by a hook and only getting 1 value out of it.

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,378

yeah let’s point fingers and start harassing developers over a stupid change. Go the ######### outside and touch some grass it’s just a game

• ObeltObelt Member Posts: 317

Just use pento now way stronger

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,356

Huh? gen increased by 10 seconds and for some reason they choose weird number?

• _kostas_pap_207_kostas_pap_207 Member Posts: 453

Totally complete

It was 5.5 per survivor but now is 2

Just make it 3 dude

Wth

• th3syst3mth3syst3m Member Posts: 77

I have no idea either, in other news I was just able to purchase a "Tickle Me Elmo" on ebay.

• Slingshot47Slingshot47 Member Posts: 120

I don't want it to be a crutch, I just want it to actually do something useful in a feasible manner. Keeping all 4 survivors injured for more than a few seconds, even with Legion, is a pipe dream, and 2% slowdown doesn't seem worth the perk slot.