Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Cap the Maximum Action Speed Penalty

Currently Thanatophobia, Hex: Pentimento, Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain and Dying Light all stack their penalties together to create truly absurd action penalties. I'm not exactly sure on the math but it looks like the these penalties can be stacked together to reduce survivors effective action speed to -50% or worse. If a survivor can only work on a gen at 50% effectiveness then that gen is going to take 180 seconds and I believe that is too harsh.

I suggest capping the Maximum Action Speed Penalty at -30%. Even at -30% it takes a survivor working alone 128 seconds to complete a generator which is still very punishing. This would stop Legions and Plagues from using these 4 perks as a build to make the game almost unwinnable for survivors. Then Thanatophobia could return to 5/10/15/20 and not be so oppressive and be useful on all killers again.

I also think Hex: Pentimento might be a bit too strong being able to hit this cap on it's own with just one stack but whatever. Survivors can just get off their gen and check on that totem over there they just cleansed.

On the flip side also think maximum healing speeds should be capped at +100% so heals would always take at least 8 seconds.

Comments

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,106

I second both caps.

A slowdown of 30% is already pretty punshing, not need to have more.

And (solo) heals in min. 8 seconds sounds reasonable as well.

• ZeidoktorZeidoktor Member Posts: 1,396

I agree with this. I wonder if -50% might be a better cap, but I can also see that being too much. It does make sense to cap the penalties (and healing buffs, as well). Seems the simplest way to ensure that excessive stacking can't make things unbearable. It can also better encourage the kinds of meta shake-ups the devs want

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,281

I think rather than a hard cap a system of diminishing returns would be better. So for instance the second stacking penalty might operate at 80% strength, the third at 60% strength, the fourth at 50% strength, etc. That way you still get benefits if you do use stacking perks but they diminish in combination so the increase isn’t as steep.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,308

You can cleanse penti, dying light takes half the game to kick into gear and doesn't effect 1/4th of the team, gift of pain is not permanent and requires a scourge hook and thana is dead even on the killers it was formerly good on. You'll see this soon.

If you cap things like this one gen perk will be the best one and you'll just see that every game. Then you'll throw a fit over whatever that is . Killing perk synergy and making killers one one dimensional is a good way to kill the entire role.

• ByeByeQByeByeQ Member Posts: 700

While that is a good idea, it's just too complicated. It would be too difficult to implement and susceptible to bugs, especially in spaghetti-coded DbD.

I disagree. All of the above perks are good slowdowns (well except nerfed Thanatophobia) in their own right and work for different playstyles and builds. This doesn't kill perk synergy either. Killers could still run 2 of these action penalty perks and see great results, but the cap would stop these combinations from becoming oppressive abominations when running 3 or 4 of them together. It would also give the devs room to add more action penalty perks to the game without the fear of these synergies breaking the game.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,400

well since it is multiplicative instead of additive penalties it is diminishing returns

• darksouls3600darksouls3600 Member Posts: 126

Survs have resilience and prove to counter that, now that thana was extremely nerfed, for pentimento work well the killer need plaything and pentimento is a hex that can easily be destroyed, gift of pain, if you gonna injured again you lose that penalty, dying light you need stakes, but is not a big deal, sometimes works sometimes not.

Those perks are good the way they are, they don't need any changes