Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Uh oh here comes the survivor mains!

Oh this is fun. Let's now complain about every killer perk that got buffed! They're about to post it all and they have started already. Thanatophobia was first, next will be Lethal Pursuer. The nerfs are going to be worse than the buffs are given to these perks. This just happened to Thanatophobia who nobody batted an eye when it was at 20% but when it got to 22% and everyone loses their mind. Now it's the most garbage perk in the game.

Comments

• TostapaneTostapane Member Posts: 1,010

tbh in the beginning was 4% for each injured survivor and that debuff stacked also on the healing speed, then it was buffed/nerfed (erased the penalty on healing speed) to what you said, then utterly buffed and now nerfed to the ground

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 837

Regression stacking was always a problem.

I play more survivor than Killer these days but even as a Killer I could see how stacking regression was just making the game so much easier. You want some kills? Just equip Ruin, Undying/Pop, Pain Res and BBQ. Made it so easy to finish those quest where you had to kill or hook survivors in one match.

And because I switch so much I am by no means a good Killer. I am average at best.

Now, I enjoy that they shook up the meta for Killers.

However I was and never will be a fan of stacking regression and slowdown perks. Old Ruin was painful, sure, but only when combine with Pain Res or Pop it got so bad that it could carry a Killer without any effort. They should have their own perk category or something like that that limits them a bit. However I am aware that this creates other issues.

• HugTheHagHugTheHag Member Posts: 1,056

True. The buff was not that outstanding.

I think it's important to say though that if the perk became that infamous, it was because of its effect on exactly 2 out of all of the killers that made them both more common and tedious to face, and that most people who wanted it changed recognize that BHVR's reaction was completely out of proportion and missed the point by a mile.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 5,119

They could add another objective like Gas to Gen...the traveling time would be greater than 50sec.

Plus split up 80sec on Gen to may be 20 Gas / 60 Gen. The Gen perks in general would be nerfed itself without fixing anything

• egg_egg_ Member Posts: 1,099

Joker memes, we truly live in a society ..

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,106

Just an idea that how they should changed to extend Objective time for survivor. And that change is certainly affect Thana.

• sonata93sonata93 Member Posts: 284
    edited August 5

As a survivor main, I say that's simply not true.

I actually agreed with most of the changes/killer buffs; the main complaint was that buffed Thana stacked with other gen slow-down perks had become way too oppressive on Plague and Legion as you spend most of your game injured, and therefore, gens became even more tedious and boring. Also, people complained about Thana Legion and Plague long before the perk got buffed.

• INoLuvINoLuv Member Posts: 392

Killers having sinergy with perks is not allowed

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 3,633

Replace Thana with DH and the percentages with hit validation

• cburton311cburton311 Member Posts: 321

conveniently omitting that most comments were with 90 second gens thanatophobia was oppressive feeling. The devs could have reduced then gen times to 80 seconds and kept thana at 5.5% / injured. That would have been fine...better probably. Instead they nuked from orbit the perk.

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    edited August 5

It wasn't just because it got buffed to 22%. It was that combined with the 90-second gen change.

If my math is correct, which it's probably not, old Thana added 16 seconds on top of 80, while the new one added 18 seconds on 90 seconds, which is quite a lot honestly.

Also that stacking it with other gen-regression perks made everything worse.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 5,241

Joker meme: uploaded

Survivor mains: disrespected

It's gaming time 😎

• NightmareKTNightmareKT Member Posts: 228

he is not wrong, Before thana was 20 percent and nobody whined about legion or plague, and just cause they added 0.5 % per survivor, 4X0.5 is 2. Everyone freaked tf out. you say that like it isnt true but it is.

• cburton311cburton311 Member Posts: 321
    edited August 5

honestly I'm not sure he understands how all those things work together to make the issue. It sounds like he's just looking for a punchline to make the counter arguments look stupid.

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,679
    edited August 5

13.8, not that it far off.

It is really 2% ... it's just not the whole picture.

Thinking about it, this is only if a survivor does a generator alone, which would be typically done in a gen-rush.

I don't recall the buffs doing gens cooperatively, or with speed-boosting perks. (Because they exist too.)

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 5,221

What basekit chase nerfs did survivors get? The only one i can think of is the 0,2 second sprint burst reduction. Which really isn't a big deal.

I understand that survivor is in a rough spot, but chases aren't the problem in my opinion. The chase buffs definitely helped, but not that much. Survivors can still outrun killers fairly well if they play better than the killer. I guess the DH nerf is definitely noticeable.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 4,308

Are these survivor mains in the room with us right now?

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,909

No thana needed to be reverted due to the 10 second upgrade to the gens length as the increase it got was massive due to it

hopefully last patch shows that small numbers can have big results

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 1,149

Nobody liked it on Legion and Plague even when it was 20%. Your argument is disingeneous since you refuse to take into account the fact that generators take 90 seconds, and the 22% was applied ontop of that.

Nobody thinks the Thana nerf is okay, either.

Pre-patch, everybody complained about Thana Legion/Plague. The slowdown is applied ontop of 90 second generators, plus other slowdown perks.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,747

Where do you get the 13.8 from if i may ask? I could have made a mistake

i don't think co-op or speedboosting perks were changed so there is no real difference in that department from before and after the big update.

Unless i'm missing some

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,679

I took the numbers you've put in the post and simply did : 1.22 * 90 - 1.2 * 80

The comment about the cooperation or perks is just to see what that number becomes in these cases, and I didn't even think about toolboxes.

I never use these myself so I don't know the numbers. The killer has brought a perk to slow gens down? What if survivors do the same? With toolboxes? Together?

It should be a nice table.

I just leave this image here.

With new Gen, the time extended from old Thana 20% is 110sec (450 to 560)

And again, people not freaked out why 2% is the problem. The Devs' thought of buffing Thana was the problem.

• fulltononfulltonon Member Posts: 4,396

so it's +100 vs +125, seems like strength of thana itself is not that different.