Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Survivors deserve a meta perk returned

Comments

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,491
    edited August 7

I just want iron will back. so i can play my rugged boiiissss

• UnknownKillerUnknownKiller Member Posts: 2,277

Indeed they have more flexibility why not bringing DS,BT or guardian and deception and pebble?

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,313

DH? No! Keep the perk dead, it's in a healthier spot now that it's high risk high reward and not low risk high reward

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,313

I don't think IW should have been touched, but the reason why I think they touched it is because they couldn't figure out how to not make it surpress other sounds like breathing and footsteps.

• HannaciaHannacia Member Posts: 743

Self care sure thats fine but i dont want to see the old broken DH ever again. Also DS give the 5 seconds back but i do want it to stop working at endgame since people did abuse it to get free escapes. No free escape perks should work at endgame anymore.

• GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,585

I would bring IW back before DH.

• CyberRoninXCyberRoninX Member Posts: 289

Iron will should go back to 100% and leave the deactivate when exhausted, DH should stay where its at, and DS should be reverted back to 5 seconds.

• KayTeeBeeKayTeeBee Member Posts: 19

Or maybe some new (good) perks with which a new meta can be built.

• krickwhokrickwho Member Posts: 9

Self care is so bad now, I don't see why CoH should be so much better then it, Iron Will not working when exhausted seems like overkill on nerf, and decisive strike not working at exit gates being powered should have been enough.

On 1 hand I'm glad Iron Will got nerfed into nearly uselessness, don't feel like running it and using other perks instead

• Entitled_survivorEntitled_survivor Member Posts: 190

As much as I love my dead friend dead hard that perk was unfair,,, Period,, that being said Ds should return to its former duration but still deactivate in end game as it is no longer tunneling since game is wrapping up at that point

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 5,228

You can have calm spirit returned, in all its former glory.

• AgitatedPenguinAgitatedPenguin Member Posts: 93

It's amusing how many people think the game is broken because dead hard is gone. Try learning to play without it. Killers get metas changed all the time. Although I still don't get why they brought PR+DMS back just because of the niche situation of merciless storm that wasn't even used that much.

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,271

Dead Hard coming back will never happen, that absolute mistake of a perk can stay in the depths of hell where it belongs

Self Care and DS getting reverted would be fine though, especially DS, because then we’ll have a actual anti-tunnel perk instead of the hilariously ineffective OTR

• BlightedDolphinBlightedDolphin Member Posts: 208

Dead Hard is still really good.

• SilasySilasy Member Posts: 203

Imagine wanting Dh is back lmao

• INoLuvINoLuv Member Posts: 391

Kindred should be meta like old dead hard is, but survivors dont want to waste a perk slot with a perk that isnt a second chance crutch perk, this is the problem.... But they beg for it to be basekit, hilarious

• redFlowerredFlower Member Posts: 13

I don't mind the new DH, i think it's better than the old one. I just want Iron Will back 100% or keep 75% but can still be used when exhausted.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 3,119

If many people think it, it is probably true. Why should survivors must constantly learn to play "without" something and killers don't? Survivors didn't get a Dead Hard replacement as killers got a meta replacement with the same boring perks that survivors have to content with. Killers still using slowdown perks.

Nothing is less fun in the game that having to let go of the gen just because the killer might have a very broken combo. If killers can't wait an extra second to bait out Dead Hard, all survivors shouldn't have to play around a broken meta combo.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 3,119

I agree it should have never been nerfed. If a survivor managed to keep a 1-time use perk until endgame, they should deserve to still use it. That is punishment for doing well. Killers have endgame perks to "guarantee" or secure a kill, survivors should have the same.

Double-standards in balancing is very bad.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,711

Self care should go back and DS should go back to 5 sec.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,276

No you're not getting DH back. But self care and DS need buffs.

• OscarnatorOscarnator Member Posts: 307

Deception and Pebble suck tho. Only really works against dog killers. DS is dead and doesn’t do much. BT is still very good.

• GodhandkmGodhandkm Member Posts: 34

Revert ds time, it's fine turn-off the perk at the match

• RudjohnsRudjohns Member Posts: 335

Bring back Decisive Strike and Off the Record still activate when 5 gens are done

• ByeByeQByeByeQ Member Posts: 667

New Dead Hard is still a very effective perk. They don't need a replacement.

I find the counterplay to Pain Resonance fun because it's easy. Just let go of the generator as the hooking animation starts and get back on the gen. No big deal. At least it has good counterplay unlike Eruption where the SoloQ has no idea when they'll be hit with it.

PR+DMS is nowhere near as Ruin+Undying was back when survivors had to cleanse all the dulls to permanently kill Ruin. That the Entity that's gone because I'd hate to see Pentimento paired with that abomination.

• LawlichanLawlichan Member Posts: 114

dead hard cannot ever come back, the existance of that perk single handedly made the game worse. some perks that need to come back are spine chill, self care, decisive strike (what were they thinking?) and calm spirit which wasn't really good to begin with. Also the range for barbecue should be a fixed 40 m for tier 1 2 and 3, it's completely useless at tier 1

• PaintedDeathPaintedDeath Member Posts: 435

It's a baby step for a baby. Survivors don't "deserve" anything, and its the mindset that you deserve anything that is ruining this game.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 747

So you're ignoring that Killers had more meta perks nerfed and survivors actually had a meta perk buffed, I see.

And as for killers having to learn to play without something, I give you Ruin, which they completely Ruined to the point of unusable. And of course, in the past we lost Ruin+Undying but you conveniently forget those things in your one-eyed rants.

• walkerAUwalkerAU Member Posts: 5

DH is not worth it anymore. Once a decent killer knows you have DH, it's much easier to wait out than before. Unless you're already close to a pallet or vault where the killer is forced to swing, a good killer will simply wait.

The benefit of the old dead hard was it did give you the distance making it more difficult for the killer to time properly, but still possible to wait out.

There's just better perks to use instead of DH.