The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Lobby dodge is disgusting

There seems to be an epidemic of lobby dodging, I sometimes get lobby dodged 10+ times in a row, different survivor characters as well. These Idiot killer players will dodge 1 survivor with P3 head, or 1 survivor with a flashlight, I only play solo que and I'm always at red rank, I play both killer and survivor and the only thing I would lobby dodge as a killer is a 4 man SWF with 4 P3s 4 Items (key, map,whatever else). I don't understand how people find games if they dodge just about anything. There needs to be some kind of punishment for excess lobby dodge

Comments

• BoxingRougeBoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    They need a longer penalty each time you dodge because you can match make with the same killer once that killer has dodged. Especially at rank 1.
  • IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 224

I tried playing with some friends a couple of days ago and we were dodged at least 9+ times in a row. I have even seen killers dodge lobbies simply because of what the survivors were wearing, lolz. I play survivor and killer equally (rank 3 survivor and rank 3 killer) and I have never dodged a lobby.

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

@SpongeBob420Pants said:
    There seems to be an epidemic of lobby dodging, I sometimes get lobby dodged 10+ times in a row, different survivor characters as well. These Idiot killer players will dodge 1 survivor with P3 head, or 1 survivor with a flashlight, I only play solo que and I'm always at red rank, I play both killer and survivor and the only thing I would lobby dodge as a killer is a 4 man SWF with 4 P3s 4 Items (key, map,whatever else). I don't understand how people find games if they dodge just about anything. There needs to be some kind of punishment for excess lobby dodge

"Idiot Killer players"
    Dude take a chill pill, you sound like a raging twitch streamer.

• LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 635
    People must understand killers dont necessary dodge cuz of you as there are other survivors in lobby as well. Especially during weekends I get into game much faster as duo que rather than solo. Why? Cuz that enables rest of survivors to be 3 man swf and killers dont want to deal with that.
    Dodging flashlights is weird tho as thats best you can hope as killer that 1 fkboy is not doing gens.
  • SpongeBob420PantsSpongeBob420Pants Member Posts: 118

@DocOctober said:

@SpongeBob420Pants said:

@DocOctober said:
    Fix the causes of lobby dodging first.

What are you talking about? People will dodge over cosmetics, how can they fix that? Try re-reading the post.

I'm not talking about those special cases of dodging, I'm talking about the reason the average Killer would decide to dodge a lobby.

Seriously, is everything immediately an extreme for you?

First of all I'm not talking about special cases I'm talking about average experience, and secondly the only thing they could do to improve the confidence of killers is to make the bloodweb give 3 or even 4 perks per web, but even if they add that, excess lobby dodge should be punished with a wait time.

• KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 890

I see a survivor join my lobby who locks in and has constant red ping, no thanks I'm gone. Have a hard enough time upon occasion dealing with certain survivors without them doing their best Nurse impression.

I see someone in legacy or blood? Psh... Not much of a threat generally. Most Legacies I've run into cheated to get it. Only a few live up to the orange hype. As for blood, there's no real point in being bothered by it since that, like Rank 1, are damned easy to get.

Not trying to come across as hyper elitist but just making the point that not many of people with these cosmetics are as potent as they seem. That and with the changes coming to the SWF/Solo lobby experience, killers won't know who's SWF or not.

• mintchapstickmintchapstick Member Posts: 340
    edited February 10

@Vietfox said:
    A normal game? Ok so i'm guessing you never use ebony moris, iridescent heads and all that stuff, right?

I really, actually don't. I used my first mori ever yesterday, and I used my first purple add-on today. Tried an iridescent add-on for the first time after that, but it didn't work. Which reminds me, I need to make a bug report about it.

I usually use brown/yellow add-ons, btw. I only just started actually using the add-ons when I reached rank 8.

• Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

@DocOctober said:

What are you talking about? People will dodge over cosmetics, how can they fix that? Try re-reading the post.

The fact you moan about it and then excuse yourself for doing it to n the same sentence tells me all I need to know about you.

Dont make out it’s an issue you want resolving if you are contributing to it
  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,095

reads title
    Right? Can Survivors with green & yellow ping please stop dodging my lobby just cause it doesn't have 4 Survivors yet?

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,811

Play the lobby unless someone has a bad connection.

Vietfox said:

^ Lol, lobby dodger spotted.

All they need to do is grow some balls.
    Preach brother preach!!!
    se05239 said:

People complain about lobby dodging but here I am being furious about 1-2 survivors disconnecting every game..

I think both are the same issue. The same players don't get their way or can't handle potential defeat in a pvp system. The disconnects and the dodging are going to kill this game.
  • DarkFox85DarkFox85 Member Posts: 56

@SpongeBob420Pants said:

If this is a response to the original post, then you are actually [BAD WORD] because I stated I only play solo que and you miss-quoted.

Yeah and I’m accusing you of lying. Try re-reading the post. You do not “get lobby dodged 10+ times in a row” while playing solo. That is a complete lie. Utter, utter nonsense. And killers do not exclusively dodge over cosmetics and items. That’s complete and total trash. Dismissive arrogance. And I made arguments supporting all these things. You’ve made no arguments. And you’ve addressed none of my arguments.

Also: “I stated I only play solo que and you miss-quoted.” – I didn’t quote you at all! Seriously, is this troll? I'm not talking to you directly. Stop being so thin skinned. Though I'm glad you're taking heat for this thread.

@SpongeBob420Pants said:
    If this is a response to the person you quoted that also doesn't make sense.

Well I was supporting the person I quoted. This is made clear by the first word of my post. I mean that’s obvious. Do you think I’m arguing with him or something?

My tirade against SWF is a response to other posts, not yours. Like i said, I was not responding directly to you and gave no indication that's what i was doing. And it does make 100% sense. I am discussing lobby dodging which is the issue at hand. It’s the issue being discussed. You’ve offered no counter argument to that whatsoever and you’ve just slung insults around at me and others.

The problem is “actually” you.