We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Newbie Misconceptions

fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

When I was a newbie, I thought you ran slower while you were injured. Did anyone else have anything like this when they were just starting playing? c:

Comments

• popolespopoles Member Posts: 750
    My first killer I played against was Nurse and when I saw her blink for the first time I was like, "Wow! She can *run* super fast!".
    I also thought that Claudette is a healer class, so she has to heal quicker. (I mostly play Healer and Support in MOBAs and MMOs).
  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@popoles said:
    My first killer I played against was Nurse and when I saw her blink for the first time I was like, "Wow! She can run super fast!".
    I also thought that Claudette is a healer class, so she has to heal quicker. (I mostly play Healer and Support in MOBAs and MMOs).

My first killer I faced was pig and she was very nice. I remember apologizing for taking so long to find the hatch (was the last one alive) and explained I was new and she encouraged me to play more and was basically had a "we all start somewhere" kind of sentiment while she was talking to me.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@fluffybunny said:
    When I was a newbie, I thought you ran slower while you were injured. Did anyone else have anything like this when they were just starting playing? c:

Thats what logic would dictate you yeah. Only in DBD you actually run faster when you are injured..... :wink:
    Being a newbie, I never understood when the hatch spawned :lol:

• pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,136
    I thought Claudette was a healer too, which was why I chose her first. I also chose Nea second because I thought she was naturally more sneaky. 

I didn’t realize until later survivors were basically just skins and didn’t really have special stats. 

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

Thats what logic would dictate you yeah. Only in DBD you actually run faster when you are injured..... :wink:

I think you run at the same rate, unless I'm mistaken. I've had friends with the same issue. Have seen plenty of people looking for hatch when it wouldn't have spawned yet. I think it's common.

@pemberley said:
    I thought Claudette was a healer too, which was why I chose her first. I also chose Nea second because I thought she was naturally more sneaky. 

I didn’t realize until later survivors were basically just skins and didn’t really have special stats. 

I believe some are louder while injured and some have different frames, but yeah, They're basically just skins, so it's dependent on what you wanna look like.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 5,122

When I started I thought the maps were WAY bigger than they actually are, and way more randomized with procedural generation. Once I learned the game, especially after playing killer, I realized how tiny and predictable the maps actually are.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 2,564

@fluffybunny said:

I use to think Killer was the stronger role.

Ok all flame war aside, I use to think you didn't lose progress on your death timer when attempting to unhook yourself at the last second before phase 2. I wasted so much time back in the day....

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,136

I wouldn't play killer for ages as I thought it was my responsibility to host an entertaining game and if I put on a bad performance and couldn't hook anyone, the survivors would by annoyed with me.

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

I think you run at the same rate, unless I'm mistaken. I've had friends with the same issue. Have seen plenty of people looking for hatch when it wouldn't have spawned yet. I think it's common.

Never noticed the speed burst you get when you become injured?

• TatsuiChiyoTatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 173
    I never knew the hatch opened up on its own. I thought you HAD to have a key to open it. Learned it opened when I repaired the last two gens against a Pig solo and opened doors, only for them to ask why I didn't go for hatch.

When I responded I didn't have a key, the Pig than politely explained to newbie me the thing opened on its own, and was impressed I stealth repaired the gens.
  • ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,577
    I thought walking also left scratch marks, just not as many
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 4,199

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

That's the adrenaline burst. And it only lasts a short while so no you don't run faster when injured!

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

That's the adrenaline burst. And it only lasts a short while so no you don't run faster when injured!

Adrenaline activates when the last gen has been repaired

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 4,199

@Master said:

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

... speed boost better?

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,577
    Master said:

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

Not the perk Adrenaline, just the idea of adrenaline in general upon getting badly hurt
  • Mrs_FairfieldMrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 63
    Coming to DBD from Friday the 13th I thought I would have to conserve stamina and didn't run outside of chases. I also didn't think stealth was any kind of option (in Friday your character screams if Jason walks by) so I took off running the opposite direction as soon as I heard the killer's heartbeat. I didn't know what to run to exactly so it was mostly just in a straight line. If I wasn't easy enough to kill already, I also didn't realize there was a sound cue before skill checks and failed them all miserably. 

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

You mean the initial hit? You're essentially hitting the survivor forward. I was talking about remaining injured and running around.

@TatsuiChiyo said:
    I never knew the hatch opened up on its own. I thought you HAD to have a key to open it. Learned it opened when I repaired the last two gens against a Pig solo and opened doors, only for them to ask why I didn't go for hatch.

When I responded I didn't have a key, the Pig than politely explained to newbie me the thing opened on its own, and was impressed I stealth repaired the gens.

Awe, that's precious. Good job newbie you on doing the two gens. c:

@Mrs_Fairfield said:
    Coming to DBD from Friday the 13th I thought I would have to conserve stamina and didn't run outside of chases. I also didn't think stealth was any kind of option (in Friday your character screams if Jason walks by) so I took off running the opposite direction as soon as I heard the killer's heartbeat. I didn't know what to run to exactly so it was mostly just in a straight line. If I wasn't easy enough to kill already, I also didn't realize there was a sound cue before skill checks and failed them all miserably. 

I can understand how that'd throw you off. Despite seeming similar, the two games are quite different. I actually watched streamers for a while before I caved and bought the game, so I knew some base stuff (this was before tutorials). There was quite a bit I didn't know, though, or misunderstood.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 2,521

i didn't do the tutorial, so i went in the game knowing nothing, other then the tips on the screen, and i had no clue about what the heck the gens were, i was in the summer event and didn't know what the hell was going on.....but i can't think on anything else other then my totally clueless lol

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,051

I thought every killer had the same terror radius. Boy did my heart die when I first encountered a michael and he was staring at me through a window, thinking I was safe atm.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,051

I also thought the keys were meant to open doors. When my purple key wasn't working, I just gave it to someone else. :|

@blue4zion said:
    I also thought the keys were meant to open doors. When my purple key wasn't working, I just gave it to someone else. :|

Yeah, keys usually go to doors in games lol. xD

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,752

One of the things was indeed that I thought that an injured Survivor is slower. Got explained that this is not the case, when I wanted to heal someone while NOED was active.

Another thing was that I did not realize that rushed actions like fast Lookers or Fast Vaults would result in a Noise Notification. But I was wondering why the Killer always found me right away, when the first thing I did was fast vaulting a Window to get to a Gen....

@Aven_Fallen said:
    One of the things was indeed that I thought that an injured Survivor is slower. Got explained that this is not the case, when I wanted to heal someone while NOED was active.

Another thing was that I did not realize that rushed actions like fast Lookers or Fast Vaults would result in a Noise Notification. But I was wondering why the Killer always found me right away, when the first thing I did was fast vaulting a Window to get to a Gen....

I don't remember when I stopped thinking that. I think I realized that after all the guides I watched said nothing about a slower speed while injured and no one (at the time) said anything to confirm what I thought. I was watching puppers recently and he mentioned it and it reminded me of newbie me who thought injured survivors were slower, too.

If you have quick and quiet, you don't make noise! :D I used to play with that perk a lot. It was one of my favorites.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 10,729
    When I started during the last lunar event I didn’t know about skill check warnings... 
  • PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 4,883
    edited February 12

Back when I started....dang it's been forever ago but let me see if I can remember. Ok so I was playing killer and my only perk at the time was insidious and I thought that standing still would make me completely invisible so I would be playing trapper and just camp from a distance with insidious turned on thinking it made me invisible. When I found out it didn't make me invisible I was so embarrassed :cry:

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,591

I used to think Botany knowledge made gens faster...

• TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 1,114

i always crouched when i was next to crows because i thought the killer received a notification each time i alerted a crow

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 10,729

i always crouched when i was next to crows because i thought the killer received a notification each time i alerted a crow

This reminds me of something else I did. I’d crouch before vaulting anything outside a chase XD