Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
FORUM MAINTENANCE

On Wednesday 7th December 2022, from 1.30pm the forum will be down for maintenance, this can take up to 3 hours to complete. We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.

Why are devs so silent on midchapter desaster?

Comments

• 6659Leg6659Leg Member Posts: 102

People that claim the patch was a disaster are the ones having the knee jerk reaction to change. I mean,they complain about tunneling,camping,etc etc Yet I see multiple perks/solutions to combat this and that. OTR does well vs tunnelers,Kindred/Kinship do well to counteract camping,BT is still very powerful of an anti tunneling perk except this one isn't self applicable,etc etc.

it's just a good bit of survivors not accepting that they can't be the power role for once,it sounds very shallow but that's honestly what most of it comes down to.

• sliptteesslipttees Member Posts: 789

Destroying good perk for anti tunnel doesn't solve the problem and only makes it worse. DS not working at the end of the game can be ok for a lot of players. But it's a way to punish the survivor for doing the generators and opening the gates. But the problem is not point.

Killer now is strong (some weak are good now and strong are overpower) - Overpower cause DC and sacrifice on the first hook.

Problem is camp and tunneling it's much worse after this update.

Decise Strike 4 sec (1 sec animation stun) 100% bonus speed and no scratch marks for 3 sec. (very strong, but not work in end-game.) reduce 30 sec was 60 sec countdown.

Dead Hard need make something, now is useless (game lag, freeze, latence etc). Maybe back old animation, maybe complete rework.

The BHRV team needs creative people to balance this game. Since the people there don't know what they're doing.

I think I have plenty from observing over the years and playing as well,only reason people seem to think this is a disaster is because this patch made very impactful changes to shift the power role. Killers are now more dominate within the soloq category (as they should be) and survivors that are obviously lower end are suffering for it because they were carried by a meta. Good survivors haven't changed,it's just more apparent who is a good survivor and who was pretending to be one. Regardless,I immediately pointed out the solutions to most problems people are having before (tunneling,etc) but there's always someone who will say "So I Need this to and give up a perk slot to deal with that?" To which,yes,if the problem is that prevalent then ideally you'd use the tools given or in the game to fix or remedy it. You work on your own game sense before addressing mine.

• GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 1,585

... so many assumptions in this post that it's not worth the discussion

• dictepdictep Member Posts: 1,333

I’m agree in solving camping with a perk if bloodlust and lunge hits are perks also

• UltraVenomUltraVenom Member Posts: 45

I'm a killer main and I hate this update. MMR already made it feel like I was punished for playing my favorite characters, now all my favorite perks are nerfed, games go exactly the same way they did before, and it generally just feels worse to play.

• tendyhandstendyhands Member Posts: 268

Why do you need to run so many perks just to avoid a cheap tactic? How about the game devs just maybe remove it, which was what they for whatever reason thought was happening with a great 5 second bt.

If they're in the game and the developers have stated that they're not something bannable then they're fair game. Plus,no one said you need to bring them all,you could just bring OTR (which is 3-4 perks in 1) and do well with just that alone.

Don't get your hopes up about camping/tunneling being removed,it won't happen.

• Cum_KingCum_King Member Posts: 21

remove tunneling? but how? maybe they could make borrowed time base kit who knows

• Aradia5589Aradia5589 Member Posts: 8

I think what this game needs is if the killer tunnels and camps they should receive blood point pentalty from there match or get a notification to go after someone else

• SludgeSludge Member Posts: 768
    edited August 1

make DS 5 seconds and work on both hooks I guess? If basekit BT isn't enough and neither is OTR or buffed BT...

or go nuclear and just remove tunnelling all together but there's a risk of making the entire concept of hooks pointless especially things like basement.

Post edited by Sludge on
  • LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 5,433

Not the best take. The update did fix a lot of issues with the game's balance, it just exacerbated others - and you can think parts or even all of it were good without being 'entitled.' I think the proper response is to drop everything outside chapter releases on the roadmap to work on closing the SWF-solo gap immediately (and maybe fix how survivor MMR works while they're at it, or get some proper deterrents for suiciding on hook and frequent-flier DCing), not to go back to how things were before.

There's definitely some stuff that needs tuning - nerfing STBFL to pre-patch levels, action speed slowdown cap, functional camping/tunneling deterrents. But walking the whole thing back ain't the way to go. We don't need Dead Hard, Iron Will, and M1 killers being completely defunct on most maps as long as the survivors had any idea what they were doing.

• TheSubstituteTheSubstitute Member Posts: 1,611

Didn't you claim that Otz was using exploits in one of his videos?

• ACleverName4MeACleverName4Me Member Posts: 390

No, I'm happier playing survivor because I see more different killers and different builds.

Not to mention my grind has automatically gotten better as I had every survior and killer at least p1 before the update.

I'm glad that many perks got changed so things feel fresh. I never ran dead hard or ds so this patch didn't make me worry except for wglf and spine chill(hard hearding in one hear)

Yeah I may not escape my games as often but that was the point of this update, to get kill rates up. I'm having fun and many others are too. One bad apple doesn't mean the whole barrel is spoiled.

• TiufalTiufal Member Posts: 1,252

How can you see more different builds? Every killer runs the the same slowdowns. Every killer hard tunnels the first out of the game. Its always the same no matter the character, no matter the actual skill. The game is in its worst state for like 4 years.

• RovendRovend Member Posts: 729

They did bring back the pain resonance + dead man switch combo

• sonata93sonata93 Member Posts: 293

Tbf, the new patch is still relatively 'new' considering it only launched a few weeks ago. I'd imagine they're giving it more time for the initial drama to subside before making any official statement or changing anything.

The overwhelming feedback is that DS stun duration needs reverting, and killers stacking multiple gen slow-down/regression perks have made games taxing and, at times, very drawn out and boring. They'll never revert DH/NOED/Ruin nerfs though - they were the three most problematic perks in the game and, by all accounts, these nerfs were very much needed.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I still only go mostly against blight, nurse and huntress.

The grind is still awful, even worse for new players actually.

People complaining about solo q being bad right now aren't "one bad apple". They're the majority.

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 1,167

It shouldn't take until the next chapter or possibly later to start seeing them address some of the very valid and well constructed feedback the community has been giving the devs in regards to the midchapter update.

A knee-jerk reaction would be reverting killer buffs because survivors think killers are too strong now. It's not a knee-jerk reaction to listen to the community's feedback and make small revisions with some compromises.

Not every killer camps and tunnel. You're putting all killers under an umbrella. Not EVERY killer hard tunnels someone out of the game. That's a lie and you know it but you say it because you want this conversation to go into your favor.

Killers are running slowdowns yeah but they are different ones and many are using perks that are for chasing focus rather than gen defense. Okay so some will stack on 4 gen defense perks so what? What's so different from prepatch? You faced it before so face it some more!

The game isn't in a worse state it's in a different state.

So nothing has changed? You get the same killers, you're still grinding for bp with no wglf or bbq and solo q has always been bad so that isn't different.

So what's new? You can still play the game pre patch. Run the same perks addons offerings. You can face the same killers you can have the same survivors. So what? The game is the game and those who say it's the same what's the issue?

• TiufalTiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    edited August 8

Literally every killer plays like this now. That one out ten games that doesnt is just luck. The game was hardly ever in a worse state.

• EntinatyEntinaty Member Posts: 159

So are you saying that newer players that don't have as much experience should be able to reap the same benefits as the older players? Not saying that the bloodweb is perfect but over the long run the grind reduction in perks should be able to benefit newer players as well.