Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

SWFs are Killing my Will to Kill

2»

Comments

• LegitAdventurerLegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    edited February 11
    I think people would rather complain that SWF is imbalanced instead of learning how to beat SWF lol. 

That just kinda sums up the gaming community as a whole lol. "This is too hard, instead of getting better myself, they have to make the game easier for me"
  • DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 4,210
    I think people would rather complain that SWF is imbalanced instead of learning how to beat SWF lol. 

That just kinda sums up the gaming community as a whole lol. "This is too hard, instead of getting better myself, they have to make the game easier for me"
    This is a rubbish response. The game was never designed around coordinated voice chat, hence why no in-game voice chat. It’s near impossible for a single player to combat such strategy because they can’t be damaging/guarding gens and chasing/downing survivors at the same time, no matter how skilled a killer they are at both of these essential gameplay mechanics. 

This is a rubbish response. The game was never designed around coordinated voice chat, hence why no in-game voice chat. It’s near impossible for a single player to combat such strategy because they can’t be damaging/guarding gens and chasing/downing survivors at the same time, no matter how skilled a killer they are at both of these essential gameplay mechanics. 
    There are plenty of people who feel the exact same way I do because we aren't afraid of SWF groups lol. We fight(and kill) every lobby, every survivor, every challenge presented to us. And if I get outplayed then I get outplayed. But even against the best of survivors that doesn't happen very often for one, very important reason. I don't camp and I dont tunnel. Every second counts both as survivor and as killer. If I'm camping, or tunneling a survivor I'm just wasting my own time. I try to be pursuing atleast 2 survivors at all times.
  • TheWraith883TheWraith883 Member Posts: 66

I understand how you feel and I myself play against a lot of SWF because my internet connection like to let them join with me. I agree the game is annoying when you play as a killer and you can be bullied all the time. I really don't think you can win against them only if you are a really really good player and you rely on their mistakes. For people who suggest nurse, I really don't think that Nurse is OP or better than SWF because it's just a regular killer with a [BAD WORD] Auto Aim. I find myself when I play as a survivor countering her easily, even the good nurses. I think the game should offer development on making killers either more powerful when SWF enter a game or maybe just give some of the killers more power. I really wish spirit has more power she is so easy.

The game favor survivors over killers so you have to deal with that.

Let me point out the clear fundamental difference between an SWF of great coordinated skill and a Killer of great skill, and shows how broken it is to have SWF as a playable feature In ranked matches for bloodpoints. 

A well coordinated, refined SWF group can quickly shut down a match in mere minutes, even against killers that are good at identifying areas best to control, constantly damage gens, anticipate chase shenanigans, know how to hit a 360. 
    The reverse is not true. The best a well skilled Killer can hope for when using fundamental principles that apply across all killers, is to wear the survivors down over a 15 to 25 minute match (even with a Mori). It’s not possible to dominate the match at speed equal to a good SWF. 

This game should be limited to Play As Survivor, Play As Killer, or Kill Your Friends. That’s it!

edited February 11
    There needs to be some sort of progressive handicap that SWF groups should have to contend with. 
    And I don’t want to read any crap about that then punishing newbies that want to be shown how to play with friends that are more experienced. They can get extra friends organised and and play teacher/student in KYF
    All of my games tonight as killer I played against SWF groups(trust me they allllll messaged me, talking so much [BAD WORD] as a group, sad days) and I didnt lose a single game. Either every game I played was a 3k or a 4k. And I'm in high ranks (I'm only purple instead of red for once) but that didn't stop the survivors from being mostly red ranks all night. 

So stop all this fooie. You guys can be good too. I'm not even the most skilled killer, I just play both sides consistently at red ranks and never dodge or DC. Makes me better at both sides.
  • BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

@LegitAdventurer said:

It's not about beating SWF it's about the obvious advantage they get from coms, How can you not see the imbalances?
    Here's a list of all the information that can be shared by over voice coms, You tell me if it's game braking or not.

• Where the Killer is at all Times.
    • Where the other survivors are.
    • Killer's add ons if they effect survivors.
    • When to Hide.
    • When to Save.
    • When another Survivor is being chased.
    • When It's safe to work on a Gen.
    • What Pallets have been used.
    • The Wiggle progress bar of other survivors and if to take hits.
    • Where the good loops are.
    • Where Totems are and how many have been cleansed.
    • Where Traps are placed.
    • What traps have been Disarmed, Triggered or flash lighted.
    • Where Gens are.
    • What Gens are completed.
    • What Gens have been Kicked.
    • If the Doors are Open.
    • What Doors are Open.
    • Where Hatch is.
      *Once used, they know Killer perks like Iron grasp, agitation, spirit fury, enduring, Brutal strength, Bamboozle, Overcharge and a lot more.
    • Aura reading Perks if one survivor has Distortion.
    • Counter Blindness Perks like Hex: Third Seal and Knockout.

and probably more, They have eyes on the map and have the potential to know everything that happens from start to finish.

• perotxperotx Member Posts: 77

@Bongbingbing said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

It's not about beating SWF it's about the obvious advantage they get from coms, How can you not see the imbalances?
    Here's a list of all the information that can be shared by over voice coms, You tell me if it's game braking or not.

• When to Hide.
    • When to Save.
    • Where Gens are.
    • If the Doors are Open.
    • What Doors are Open.
    • Where Hatch is.
      *Once used, they know Killer perks like Iron grasp, agitation, spirit fury, enduring, Brutal strength, Bamboozle, Overcharge and a lot more.

and probably more, They have eyes on the map and have the potential to know everything that happens from start to finish.

Sure, but they also have to effectively communicate it to each other which is difficult and doesn't happen often. Besides, SWF also have a different playstyle. Two specific things about their playstyle is that they tend to work on the same gens and they are extremely altruistic. Simply because of the two features you can play around their advantages. Also, SWF communication can sometimes even be used against them.

@DudeDelicious said:
    LegitAdventurer said:

I make 4k's every game against any type of team, including DS flashlight Adrenaline "toxic" SWFs, on high ranks as what's called the "weakest" killer in the game. Maybe you guys really do need to just git gud.

• Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@Dark_Whorse said:
    I don't even know what to do about them anymore, if my game isn't a 3 man these days from the [BAD WORD] servers DCing someone mid match it's a game against people who have hundreds of hours on me all communicating together. Gotten to the point that I am no longer having fun playing Killer, and I don't enjoy Survivor, this has pushed me to the edge of uninstalling with how utterly frustrating dealing with SWFs is. I'm a Pig main, obviously by the avatar choice, and now that I've been playing through the purple ranks and dealing with mostly red rank parties (just got destroyed by 3 red ranks and a rank 19 SWF); I have to ask myself is it even worth playing?

This game seems to encourage a Peter principle when it comes to playing, as I'm now running into players that playing and winning against is a chore in and of itself. "Git gud" is the usual answer here, but if getting better just means I eventually hit the red ranks and am stuck in nothing but frustrating matches with no alternatives other than to play some busted killer to do well instead of one I enjoy, I don't see why I should bother playing my heart out.

Is there anything I can even do to beat SWFs that are all spread out and working together, letting each other know when I'm in a chase so they can work on gens, or blinding me and running perfect loops. It seems like as soon as I knock one down, a generator goes off across the map or my totem explodes, and I have to choose between dealing with that person who is down and also more than likely has their flashlight friend running up to blind me or their toolbox buddy sabo'ing the hooks, or trying to put pressure on my gens.

TL;DR: This sucks, I'm not having fun anymore because of SWFs and the ranking system. What can I do?

Play some Civ.

edited February 11
    perotx said:

@Bongbingbing said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

• When to Hide.
    • When to Save.
    • Where Gens are.
    • If the Doors are Open.
    • What Doors are Open.
    • Where Hatch is.

Sure, but they also have to effectively communicate it to each other which is difficult and doesn't happen often. Besides, SWF also have a different playstyle. Two specific things about their playstyle is that they tend to work on the same gens and they are extremely altruistic. Simply because of the two features you can play around their advantages. Also, SWF communication can sometimes even be used against them.

@DudeDelicious said:
    LegitAdventurer said:

I make 4k's every game against any type of team, including DS flashlight Adrenaline "toxic" SWFs, on high ranks as what's called the "weakest" killer in the game. Maybe you guys really do need to just git gud.

Same dude. I play pretty much all killers but I main Hag, Myers, Legion, and Spirit.

And funny story, I got hate mail for being a camper with an OP build yesterday because I used The Spirit with Hex: Haunted Ground, Devour Hope, Thrill Of The Hunt and Ruin.

I was laughing so hard. I mori'd everyone with Devour and got called a CAMPER looool. How even? Anyway. They said I had an OP build. Like cmon. How is all of my perks being in totems OP? Every single one of my perks is counterable. This community makes me laugh lol

Edit: They were red ranks SWF as well. So idk how they didnt use their OP 15 perk builds to find all my totems and insta counter me like everyone says all SWFs do.