Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

SWF Rank Limit?👍👎

SWF is an issue that’s causing massive conflict in the dbd gaming community. I’ve read many dif. opinions suggesting what should be done to resolve the issue, however no one opinion has ever seemed to satisfy everyone. So, I’m offering a new potential fix to the issue, which would be a rank limit that SWF can play at. This rank limit would prevent SWF groups from playing at (ex. Rank 5 or above) higher ranks. This would in turn lead to the top ranks being swf ridden, which is how the game is meant to be played, while still allowing for the continuation of sfw to be played(just not at the top ranks.) Thoughts?👍👎

Comments

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Killer mains from rank 5-1 won't like this. It should take into account the highest rank survivor and match with killer but rank really means nothing anyway since so many derank anyway.

• SilverbusaSilverbusa Member Posts: 9

Get rid of SWF. Leave in KWF. If people want to play SWF so bad, their 5th friend can put up with the crap as killer. Or, just allow an opt-out of SWF for killers.

• TrAiNwReCkTrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

A rank limit only helps us at high ranks have nice, fair games. Though it still forces other ranks to play with them. Doubt rank limit is what SWF needs. SWF lobbies need to be balanced within those lobbies. Changing the way the game operates as a whole won't change anything.

On the other hand, it would make ranking up worth something. Not having to play against annoying SWF groups.

@Peanits said:
    To play devil's advocate:

• What if they prefer to stay at lower ranks to get easier matches? What if they don't care about ranks, but rather bloodpoints and messing with the killer?
    • What's stopping them from dodging lobbies until they get into the one their buddies are in to circumvent that restriction, like what happened in the beta?
    • If it's because SWF provides an advantage, would it not make more sense to pair them with the best killers, rather than lower rank killers?

I do sorta' see where you're going there, but it gets messy because everyone plays the game differently. Not everyone plays for rank, many people just play for fun or for bloodpoints.

This is the kind of Q&A that should be happening on a regular basis. And followed up with responses so the community can accept there is nothing going to be done about certain aspects of the game or there are solutions in the works.

*The most recent solution to this was not being able to purposely drop below Rank 15. Aside from season reset. ~I do not play at those ranks so I have no idea if that was helpful or not~

*Strict temporary bans on joining game lobbies aside from KYF. Allow 1-2 freebies in case of bad ping. Accruing ban time in 5 min < 15 min < 1 hour < 1 day < 1 week. Accrued ban time resets monthly. ~You might think the ban time is excessive, but we players want it to stop. Not to make it inconvenient~

*So players that pour hours into DbD to learn and get better, rising through the ranks are destined to face the majority of their game experience from that time on against 'try hard' SWF groups utilizing perks/items/offerings balanced around solo survivors, completely unbalancing the game in their favor creating a consistent stressful and frustrating atmosphere to play in? ~Not saying every single SWF is like cancer. Many are playing to have fun as you said, but the idea to put those 'hardcore' do whatever it takes to get everyone out SWF against players that are playing to get better, not to get bullied by limitless SWF groups doesn't sound sensible to me~

This kind of dialogue could be so helpful at easing tensions within the community about certain things. If these ideas aren't reasonable it would be nice if those creating game changes would at least tell us why they aren't reasonable.

SWF needs to be balanced by having restrictions only on the SWF element, not the game. Forced to use unique perks/items/offerings as to not allow coordinated team efforts to abuse such load outs to create game breaking outcomes. One of the best I have witnessed on YouTube is all 4 running No Mither, and everyone sabotaging hooks to 99%. Not to mention the voice communication keeping everyone informed of repaired hooks, unused pallet locations and such.

Anyone acting like SWF is fine, it's not a big deal are oblivious to how powerful SWF can be.

@Peanits said:
    To play devil's advocate:

• What if they prefer to stay at lower ranks to get easier matches? What if they don't care about ranks, but rather bloodpoints and messing with the killer?
    • What's stopping them from dodging lobbies until they get into the one their buddies are in to circumvent that restriction, like what happened in the beta?
    • If it's because SWF provides an advantage, would it not make more sense to pair them with the best killers, rather than lower rank killers?

I do sorta' see where you're going there, but it gets messy because everyone plays the game differently. Not everyone plays for rank, many people just play for fun or for bloodpoints.

I tried to respond to your post . . and was told it had to be approved before it was posted . . lol. Tried to make it look nice as with your bullet points, but I am not familiar with markdown.

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,490

Get rid of SWF. Leave in KWF. If people want to play SWF so bad, their 5th friend can put up with the crap as killer. Or, just allow an opt-out of SWF for killers.

how to kill your game step 1:
  • KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,070
    To be fair in the coming months ahead you're not going to be able to tell easily what's a SWF and what's not since they're all going to be joining your lobby at once as both solo and SWF.
  • CymerCymer Member Posts: 942
    To be fair in the coming months ahead you're not going to be able to tell easily what's a SWF and what's not since they're all going to be joining your lobby at once as both solo and SWF.

There is a magic trick on PC, you can check their steam account under friends. If they have the same names... 8-) probably SWF!

Shocking I know!
    The best SWF are those who try to tell you after the game, we are no SWF...you as the killer, really? Pointing at steam friend list.
    Survivors...ok you got us...
  • CymerCymer Member Posts: 942
    Spencer said:

SWF is an issue that’s causing massive conflict in the dbd gaming community. I’ve read many dif. opinions suggesting what should be done to resolve the issue, however no one opinion has ever seemed to satisfy everyone. So, I’m offering a new potential fix to the issue, which would be a rank limit that SWF can play at. This rank limit would prevent SWF groups from playing at (ex. Rank 5 or above) higher ranks. This would in turn lead to the top ranks being swf ridden, which is how the game is meant to be played, while still allowing for the continuation of sfw to be played(just not at the top ranks.) Thoughts?👍👎

You are aware that SWF right now can chose on what rank they play according their average of ranks between the members right? 
    A rank 1 survivor can queue up with a rank 20 and get to face a rank 10 killer. Utterly ROFL stomp fest for the SWF.
    If you want to limit their rank, it would be at the top rank, what would result in a bottleneck situation where most SWFs waiting ages to get into a game and high rank killers guarantee to face only SWFs.
    That's certainly not good for the game.
  • PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,142

You can't fix something by using a broken feature; in this case a meaningless ranking system

• OrionsFury4789OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    What if they added a multiplier for the killer and for every  survivor in a group the killer gets a stackable 25% BP bonus and extra experience for a SWF bonus?