We have made some changes and added a new feature to the forums. For more details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/858959/#Comment_858959
Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Does anyone like freddy and legion even if they are not that good are they at least fun to play as?

Does any one like to play as freddy and legion?

Comments

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Freddy is not nearly as bad as everyone says, just not as fun for many people, he'd be viable with a few buffs.

Legion is a walking catastrophe, unfun for both sides, UP or OP depending on Franks Mixtape.
  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    I've got a p3 Freddy and played purely him from rank 12 to 1.
    He could use some QoL changes like no cd after sleeping someone, harder wake ups, rework of his perks, ability to pick up downed survivors while they are getting healed, ability to interrupt m1 actions like everyone else, rework of his addons, or basically a complete overhaul.

But I like his power and the strategies it allows. 
  • Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 2,836
    edited February 9

Freddy's my main so I enjoy him. Legion should have never been [BAD WORD] created.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,126

I love both of them, Freddy creates some hilarious bitch slaps around corners and Legion can juggle multiple Survivors which is great for slowing the game down.

• xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 744

I think Legion is pretty good. I think some people just aren't good with Legion. I like using them.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,455

I enjoy playing Freddy quite regularly at rank 1. I don't even want the devs to change him, just fix some of his issues.

• NoodleLegsNoodleLegs Member Posts: 323
    Legion ain't good, kay, but it's fun to run around and stab everyone. I haven't played Freddy yet, but I'll try as I bought him today.
  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 5,493

Freddy is a lot of fun, though he is a weak killer and it's easy to get bullied if you have a weak build on top of that (or just bad luck sometimes). I think he is fun to go against most of the time, but it depends on how tunnely the Freddy is.

Legion I haven't played much, but as a survivor I don't find it very fun to go against. It's almost impossible to avoid Frenzy hits, and a lot of Legion's tend to be boosted IMO, so they camp/tunnel a lot more than a normal high rank killer.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,134

I actually like HOW Nightmare plays.

• VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 406
    edited February 12

Freddy's not as weak as a lot of people say, and I generally do well with him, but I find him pretty boring to play.

I feel that people are a bit unfair to Legion, but that's just me. I don't have them at a very high level (13 or 14 I think, maybe lower 16, after checking) and don't have Frank's Mixtape, so I play them the way I believe they were intended: Frenzy Strike, then search briefly. If someone else is nearby, charge them and strike. Rinse and repeat until no one is around. That's when I strike a Deep Wounded Survivor again.

May not be the most effective, but I find it to be fun. Besides, Legion can vault pallets, which can be terrifying.

They're not built to tunnel, but like with Amanda and the RBTs, people have found a way to bypass that.

Post edited by VolantConch1719 on
  • NoodleLegsNoodleLegs Member Posts: 323
    Okay, so, I just played Freddy and got a 4 kill, he was really fun to play.
  • perotxperotx Member Posts: 77

I play Freddy and I love him to bits. He's amazing, and much stronger than anyone says.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@jackkn12 said:
    Does any one like to play as freddy and legion?

I like freddies playstyle, but he is too weak.
    I dont like legions playstyle though

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 489
    I main Freddy at rank 1 and I enjoy him just need to tweak those wake up calls
  • pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,302
    Everybody said Freddy was Bad and the Worst so I saved him for last for leveling up, thinking he was a bad killer. 

And I played him. And I loved him. He was the first character I got to 50, even before Doc. I loved his style, I loved how his add ons were creative and devious. I really like being invisible and then being able to see EVERYONE. And I am disabled so lock ons and not having to worry about precision was amazing to me. 

The one huge flaw with him that flabbergasts me how anyone thought was okay is how experienced survivors just ignore Freddy when being put to sleep. They just keep breaking totems and chug gens and wake people up and literally body block Freddy from picking up a survivor being healed off the ground. Like excuse me? I am your worst nightmare, the only thing you should be able to do is run away, not gain 15% progress on a gen because I slept all 3 of you. 

I also think Freddy is really fun trying to make different builds for. With Doc you pretty much have a set build to work with, but Freddy has a lot of different options. 

I have been trying to look up Freddy tips, videos, and guides from people who actually play him and trying to learn. 

Legion...eh. I personally like Trailer Legion best, but the power doesn’t feel good to me. I feel anxious trying to get a hit in and the camera makes me a little disoriented. I will stick to shocks, wall hacks, and evil within to catch my prey.
  • PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 4,980
    edited February 10

I main Freddy at rank 1 and I've mained him since he released. I have so much fun playing as him and he's definitely not as bad as some say. He can slow down the game a bit but he really just needs a few QoL buffs to make playing him less frustrating at times. As for Legion, I think they're fine, sure they're annoying but they aren't the best. I think they're alright.

• nightfallnightfall Member Posts: 31

@perotx said:
    I play Freddy and I love him to bits. He's amazing, and much stronger than anyone says.

Same. I think he's one of the best at locating survivors. They just don't know which way he's coming from, so they're usually hiding in the wrong place when he arrives

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Freddy is a strong Killer in the right hands.

Legion is a walking design disaster and should never have been released.

• mintchapstickmintchapstick Member Posts: 340

Freddy is okay. I've only played him like in 6 matches.

Match 1 - 4k
    Match 2 - 3k
    Match 3 - total wash, 0k
    Match 4 - total wash, 0k
    Match 5 - Someone taking someone off of a hook in my face crashed my game
    Match 6 - 2k!

I like Legion. They're a little weak. I didn't realize this when I started playing them, because Legion was the first killer I ever played, but I got up to red ranks with them, so when I switch to different killers they feel so easy, like I'm cheating or something. I'm also not a tunneler, I only used Frank's mixed tape once, and I don't moonwalk, so I guess 'weak' is part of my own making.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,060

I get far too many DC's as Legion at rank 1, and I don't even use franks mixtape. There's just so little you can do against them. It takes awhile, but if the legion stays on you, your death is inevitable.

• Maelstrom1313Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230
    edited February 10
    Original freddy main, gotta watch out for the nightmares, as everyone says he is bad I thought I'd do a little test not long ago I done 75 matches 25 with my perk build an 25 without any perks and with his basic 3 perks an brown and yellow add ons only

25 my perk build (bbq, bitter murmur, nurses an thanatobia my toxic slaughter build) - 4 escaped ( not in the same match was 1 survivor in different matches) 
    25 no perks - 6 escaped ( 2 took the hatch as early as they could when gens were still popping haha)
    25 basic 3 perks an low add ons - 4 escaped again keep in mind this was last season when I was at RANK 1 an I done 25 of each one to make it bit fair so to everyone who says he can't be played an is [BAD WORD] an at Red ranks you can't get a kill I beg to differ 😁 ALSO I NEVER camped or NEVER tunneled
  • Maelstrom1313Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230
    But anyway yeah freddy is always fun to play as especially the mind games when your just messing about haha
  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 5,493

@pemberley said:
    The one huge flaw with him that flabbergasts me how anyone thought was okay is how experienced survivors just ignore Freddy when being put to sleep. They just keep breaking totems and chug gens and wake people up and literally body block Freddy from picking up a survivor being healed off the ground. Like excuse me? I am your worst nightmare, the only thing you should be able to do is run away, not gain 15% progress on a gen because I slept all 3 of you. 

WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE....

counts to 7

BIT... oh you finished the thing...

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 4,287
    Tsulan said:
    I've got a p3 Freddy and played purely him from rank 12 to 1.
    He could use some QoL changes like no cd after sleeping someone, harder wake ups, rework of his perks, ability to pick up downed survivors while they are getting healed, ability to interrupt m1 actions like everyone else, rework of his addons, or basically a complete overhaul.

But I like his power and the strategies it allows. 
    The only changes I think he needs is a failed SC penalty almost on par with Ruin or Overcharge whilst in the dream world, making it a bit more of a trade off if that’s how survivors want to wake themselves up. 
    But I think being able to grab/interupt awake survivors would make Freddy way overpowered, as he can see the survivors but awake ones can’t see him, meaning they’ve no countermeasure to try and avoid the grab/interupt. 

I think his add-ons are fine. There are great combos to exploit. So what if downed survivors are being healed. It means more survivors to pull into the dream world. 

But i agree his power is versatile and allows a lot of strategy. Freddy is completely underestimated by most of the community and is a scary killer in skilled hands. 

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I think that the main problem is that they are very unfun to go against

• KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 893
    Freddy isn't as horrific as people make him out to be but that doesn't make him terrific. Honestly a lot of 4ks from him are simply due to the fact that he's not often seen so people are unsure how to handle him. As odd as it may seem, with the current rate new people are joining the game, they might even hit purple ranks quite easily and have never seen a Freddy to that point and have no idea what to do.

As for Legion, as I've said multiple times, they're the Schrodinger's Cat of killers being simultaneously one of the most powerful killers as well as one of the weakest. Some add-ons are lack luster. Others are broken as hell. People talk about FMT all the time but seemingly forget about Stab Wounds Study which basically does the same thing and is why FMT is so broken (seriously, pair up SWS with one of the blade add-ons and you'll see pretty much identical results). If they had one as Rare and the other as Ultra Rare I don't think there would be that much of an issue, and it really wouldn't be that bad of a nerf. Legion's counter is pretty much people that are decent at looping and counter guessing the mind game plays. The more familiar you are with loops the better off you're going to be.
  • e8Latticee8Lattice Member Posts: 189

@Blueberry said:
    I enjoy playing Freddy quite regularly at rank 1. I don't even want the devs to change him, just fix some of his issues.

Just remove his cataracts and I'm happy.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 4,287
    Here’s what I would really like to see implemented with Freddy that’s fair to both Him and the survivors. instead of being able to grab/interupt awake survivors or grab/interupt during the dream transition, instead during the dream transition period (if survivors are performing an action)  incredibly difficult SC will frequently pop up during (only) the transition that are on par with Overcharge, but with the same regression penalty on par with a failed Ruin SC, and no additional progress if succeeding the SC. If it’s a totem (coz no SC) then a survivor simply cannot resume cleansing until they’re either fully in the dream world or awake.
    This would create much greater a risk/reward situation. Using a gen as an example. Freddy uses dream demon on a survivor doing repairs. Does the survivor choose to intentionally fail the SC during the transition to wake up BUT heavily regress the gen? Especially risky if Freddy immediately puts them back into the dream transition, risking further gen regression. Do they immediately run to avoid potentially stuffing the SC and avoid the risk of losing a large chunk of gen progression? Or do they try to continue repairing the gen and attempt to succeed the SC to get in as much gen repair as possible before they’re fully vulnerable to Freddy?
  • malovanemalovane Member Posts: 2

@thesuicidefox said:

@pemberley said:

WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE....

counts to 7

BIT... oh you finished the thing...

100% this. Freddy certainly isn't unplayable, but its moments like this that destroy any sense of immersion or tension to the game. Its this mechanic that makes Freddy feel less threatening and dangerous than any other killer in the game.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,571

Freddy isn’t as horrible as people make him out to be, I like playing as Freddy...I just need to level him up and get better perks on him. However I do prestige my characters all the way to max prestige and Freddy isn’t a killer I’m itching to level up yet. He is mid tier on preference on killers.

Legion on the other hand needs a total rework. I don’t like play as them at ALL. I just hate their power, not very fun for me personally.