Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 6-2-0 PTB Feedback

BHVR needs to keep an eye on Reassurance

TitanoKingTitanoKing Member Posts: 10
edited August 10 in 6-2-0 PTB Feedback

I love this new perk and it will support altruism and prevent camping, but if people try hard enough they could hold a player hostage with it.

Comments

• CreyphCreyph Member Posts: 6

The worst case scenario for this perk is that your teammates stick around you and use this perk while not advancing the game while the killer doesn't do anything about it. At that point it's 4 people deciding that the game isn't going to happen. Even if just one person does gens while you get camped they will probably get them done and get out before you die. Still sucks for the guy getting camped though.

• UnknownKillerUnknownKiller Member Posts: 2,277

Well he can go out and take a drink surely it will be rescued after that

• ViskodViskod Member Posts: 845

It doesn't stop hook escape attempts, so you can't "hold someone hostage" with it.

• MandyMandy Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 19,343

We are of course keeping our eyes everywhere and monitoring all things in the PTB, if we see something is possible to grief with etc, these are the things we take pretty seriously and would give a high priority to.

• Zolfo16Zolfo16 Member Posts: 467

The first stage. Once you are in the second you are stuck.

• TselaTsela Member Posts: 495

Well I would be VERY surprised if this perk will not be changed before release, since it's quite busted exploitable perk, but in the meantime in the PTB I'm very glad people abuse the hell out of it to show it's design flaws, before it gets reworked. I'm sure it will be changed anyway, but it's good that people keep talking about it and give their feedback.

• ArtickArtick Member Posts: 623
    edited August 11

Read as: kneejerk reaction just like what happened to Lucky Break. You guys needed another year to buff it to a decent state again after panic nerfing it after the PTB. Maybe stop doing this?

• CameragoshaCameragosha Member Posts: 630
    edited August 11

Thanatophobia get nerfed because survivor request and now it useless.

Hoping devs will nerf reassurance.

• BearMerchantBearMerchant Member Posts: 56

this perk is a band-aid fix for camping and will only be used for griefing in specific situations. as someone that plays a lot of survivor we'd really like to see a base mechanic to address camping. please don't nerf this one too hard -- if you disable it at endgame that's okay, in my book, but camping in the early game is way, way too effective right now. thank you for being willing to sit here and talk with people on the forums about this.

• ElanElan Member Posts: 79

Why should it be disabled in EGC? Why should people be rewarded for playing poorly and just standing still to get one kill? Accept lose, you can't 4k every game.

• Spirit_IsTheBestSpirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 268
    edited August 13

Simple change. Make it only allowed to activate once per hook, no more stacking the perk.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,249

Sure, the absolute worst case isn't going to happen that often. That doesn't mean it should be possible when the perk could have a small tweak to prevent it (e.g. giving the hooked survivor the ability to opt-in or opt-out of the effect.)

Also the not-quite-worst case of three survivors in a swf intentionally keeping the solo survivor on a hook as long as possible while the killer tries to catch the swf members is still probably pretty bad. I wouldn't be surprised if it could take 5, 10 maybe 15 minutes for the killer to eventually round up and hook the swf players if they're taking turns stalling the timer and the killer is just randomly chasing after them at good tiles, especially if the killer isn't as good at chases as the swf players are. (I'm working under the assumption that the people who do this kind of thing don't care if they win, they're just doing it because they like annoying other players.)

Mind you, I'm not saying the perk is bad, I actually think it's a solid perk and probably a good idea overall. I just think it could use a tweak to close this loophole.

• ElanElan Member Posts: 79

Why? Why rewarding camping should be a thing? Are all players so relying on camping that once there is a perk that will delay dying on hook, they will all complain? Don't be boring, go for chase, win once, lose once. It's a game.

• Spirit_IsTheBestSpirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 268

What are you talking about? I'm just stating an idea to make the perk less abusable..

• AbsolutGrndZer0AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 226

Because during the EGC there is nothing to do for the killer but stand there... Go look for others? Why, they are going to come to you... go stop them from repairing generators? Can't do that, they are all done. It's not about having played poorly, it's about there being literally nothing else to do...

I could even turn what you say around... Accept that the perk shouldn't work in end game, you shouldn't be able to swarm the hook with the basekit endurance effect and be guaranteed an escape every game.

• FeryGENFeryGEN Member Posts: 455

The best option is to start composing again, oh my god I can't wait for this perk to come out to see the chat at the end of the game when the survivors all die on the ground xD I'm really excited