Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Ngl prove thyself is annoying asf

Comments

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,180

"All" the slowdown perks. What do you mean? It's not like a killer can run all of the slowdown perks. Just 4, and then they would have no chase or info perks. And 90 seconds? Wow, because 80-second gens never got done.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 5,271

Put discordance and severed hands on artist, there won't be much PT value in that round

• Marik1987Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,074

Prove Thyself + Hyperfocus + Stakeout.

Mark my words. BROKEN COMBO if not nerfed from the PTB.

• Marik1987Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,074
    edited August 14

If you cant see that Gens who are done in 70sec just with Stake Out + Hyperfocus, then go on the PTB and just do a gen.

Then do it with prove thyself with a friend and if u want, take a Commodious Toolbox with Brand New Part with u.

With that, the gen will be finished in 40secs. Oh dont forget Build To Last btw.

And then tell how this is not broken. No normal killer can win this, this is automatically a lose by default.

Lets be clear: I dont mind if I lose as killer when survivors loops awesome, unhooks strategially and work together, but by default, just for u pressing a button and tapping another one? This cant be right.

When I play survivor, and I play a lot btw., I will run this, why not. Its easy Pips to get back to Rank 1 faster, like every month.

Stake out + Hyperfocus + Deadhard + Off the Record/Prove thyself

This will be my build.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 6,090

You're joking, but unfortunately that's pretty much what's gonna happen.

• NazzzakNazzzak Member Posts: 938

Killers said after the patch that survivors needed to adapt. I guess they didn't think they actually would?

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,308

I'll be laughing my ass off if they nerf Autodidact.

Then again, they nerfed Self-care too, and that was bordering on being a killer perk, so it's not -that- much of a stretch.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 3,317

Discordance.

• KolitraKolitra Member Posts: 61

If it don't happen, this mean BHVR talk only about numbers when they want to. As a killer main, a nerf of circle and prove are necessary, cricle because it discourage of hitting multiple survs, and it's sad because i like to play like this, plus, it is way, way too much powerfull. And prove because, bruuuuuuh ! It's game breaking, for real, juste what the hell are these numbers ?! man, cut it by half at least !

Worst is they destroyed thanato and nerfed DMS, #########.

• KolitraKolitra Member Posts: 61

PT was already strong before, yes. Buuuuuut now he is overtaken, this mean the perk is way more active, and the 10sec added certainly not justify this. One of the base idea of the patch was to slow down the gens because they were done too fast, if survs overtake PT, they will nerf it, for me, it's logical, because PT largely couter the 10sec.

iI also take in consideration that BHVR destroyed thanato, so if they are not hypocrits, they have to destroy PT.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 3,190

Considering you accomplished 1/5th of your objective in the time it took the killer to do roughly 1/12th of theirs, even if they played it very well? Yeah, kinda broken still. The killer would have spent half the gen's time just wiping their blade, picking them up, walking over to and then hooking the survivor. Time management has a lot of relative value, especially in this game.

• leafninjaleafninja Member Posts: 120

Oh? Ur gonna be a fun one to chase then lol. I'll catch u eventually and give a smack

• The_YoshThe_Yosh Member Posts: 43

I am always happy for the experience. I just hope my teammates are doing gens in the meantime haha.

Let them lol. They're not gonna get many BP doing that. Plus in my opinion the chase is the best part.

• JoByDaylightJoByDaylight Member Posts: 698

Or, if you play Nurse with Corrupted you will have your first down before a single gen is even 20% done.

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 638

I swear some people arn't going to be happy until survivors have no viable perks left.

Literally just slap on discordance and break up the PT it's not that hard, nobody was complaining about PT before, they had to nerf 5-6 other perks for us to get to this point.

I agree with you on that. If survivors don't have any good perks to help them then this game is gonna die. Survivors make up the most of the player base. If they quit then theres no one for killers to chase and hook.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 3,190

How exactly does that refute that time management is relative? Or was that just supposed to be an us vs them gotcha moment?

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I previously said Prove could be looked at again if perks like Ruin or Tinkerer were nerfed. Having that much automatic regression (as long as the hex stood), and infinitely knowing which gens are about to be completed accompanied by a lengthy undetectable status, was busted. Especially on high mobility killers.

But then the devs went and did the unthinkable: increased base repair times. Then threw Call of Brine and Overcharge, which stack, into the mix. On top of all the other killer basekit buffs. So no, I still don’t see justification for Prove Thyself getting any changes anytime soon. And as others have said, Discordance is an uncounterable tracking perk for killers (meaning survivors can’t know for sure a killer has it, and the information it gives always triggers the perk with no cooldown).

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,656

Discordance is an amazing info Perk.

You will usually know exactly where people spawned (either they go on a gen together and proc it or, if it doesn't activate you know they are on 3 to 4 seperate gens), tells you exactly where to interrupt the Survivors to occupy as many people as possible, can tell you which gens to give up on, lets you make accurate predictions of which gen(s) will be worked on next and tells you which gens are high priority for the Survivor team.

It's been my BBQ replacement for a long time now, I can only recommend it.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 5,339

DH is gone, not that I complain

DS is gone

OTR can be canceled just by hit off hook and also disable BT

2nd chance perks are gone, leave space for other perks

Healing debuff perks is buffed.

Healing perks are nerfed (Botany, Selfcare, Pharmacy), your main self-heal option is medkit, not by perk

Healing is far weaker, Coh is the main source of healing left (I wonder why). Less heal for survivors if there is no Coh, leave space for other perks

50sec Gen added

4 slowdown + tunneling is still a thing

The only thing survivors should ever bring into match is Gen boost perks.

Most survivors arent good at looping, chase/juke perks are only good on survivors who are already good at chase/juke. So Gen rush perks it is. This update is not in the right direction to me.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 5,339

I feel the biggest problems of Gen regress perk is that, a Gen can be regressed from 90% to 0%, which at that point there is no turn back for survivors. I know its survivors' fault, but they dont have time to do Gen for 1 min is already a win for killer, having 90% to 0% Gen is another.

I think Gens should have check points 30/60sec, where if a Gen is at 80sec, it can only regressed down to 60. There for Gen regress base & perks can be much stronger but still not broken.