Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Hey surv I have question

So sometimes as killer I will be chasing someone (or about to) and they'll point either directly at me , or point at something in a general direction .

Is it a "dude please just chase someone else you're annoying me" OR is it them legitimately trying to show me that I'm wasting my time and should be focused on that area they're pointing at ? Help lmao just so confused

Comments

• TotemSeeker91TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 1,794
    edited August 15

Well whenever I do that, I always point to a survivor on hook and crouch a bit to ask if I can unhook...the killers never go for it, lol

Edit: This is when it's just me and my friend left and there's no hope of winning

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 5,885

Depends on context.

When there was a bug where people got stuck on a hill, i'd point the killer in that direction to get the survivor out.

I've also pointed at empty lockers to see if they'd fall for it.

Also pointed in the direction where someone is afk or bodyblocking another survivor.

I never point with the intent of "you're wasting your time", I genuinely want to show the killer something.

• LegacySmikeyLegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 239

I'm about an 80 / 20% survivor player these days & honestly most things they do still confuses me (as a teammate) 5 years after I started!

If their pointing at a locker or a wall there maybe someone in or behind there. But i've seen survivors point at lockers & bolt when killers open an empty one!

Plus survivors giving up other survivors should rarely be rewarded so i'd just take them out!

Survivors generally that are giving the no please dont kill me vibes usually crouch & / or shak shake their head no (or shake their body no if their on the floor) what you do in that situation is purely up to you a lot more killers seem happy to let one go these days though.

• amazing_graceamazing_grace Member Posts: 732

I generally only point or use gestures when I want to show the killer something. Never out of malice, sometimes I might fat finger the gesture and do the wrong one, but usually I want to either show the killer someone who is trolling or show them something.

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 2,508

Of course it’s going to depend on the player. Personally I usually do it if I’m in a dead zone and injured. Just doing something goofy before I go down. Sometimes I won’t be facing the right way and the killer thinks I’m pointing at something else. Not too long ago I was on a hill near shack and did it. The killer must have thought I was pointing at someone in the shack and went in there to check lockers.

• TarunCosmoTarunCosmo Member Posts: 181

I've done it to Clown, and he looked at what I was pointing at and I booked it... classic comedy.

• ByeByeQByeByeQ Member Posts: 664

If I point I am on death hook pointing out other survivors in a vain attempt to extend my pathetic life a little longer. It usually doesn't work.

Or I'm memeing.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,974

I believe it was also a tome challenge at one stage too. People may be trying to complete that one as a portion of the gestures.

• Dead_HarderDead_Harder Member Posts: 1,251

Its a magical spell. When a survivor crouches and walks slowly to you or when they point at you and shake their heads. Or worse yet, when they drop their items! All the aggression leaves your body and survivors go from prey to be put on hook to a fren. Frens are gud

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 3,074

I usually see it used to chastise the killer. 5% of the time they feel remorse and chill out.