We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
Got a question about dedicated servers? Read up on all the info here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87216/status-update-dedicated-servers#latest
Stranger Things and the 3.2.0 update will release on all platforms September 17th!

Balance Prayer Beads

2»

Comments

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,302

@Blueberry said:

@Ryuhi said:
    the only thing I find weird about Prayer Beads is that the Wraith doesn't have a similarly powerful addon that removes his shimmer while cloaked. Especially with the amount of time it takes him to decloak before he can attack, he's much less likely to get a gen grab or anything, and he suffers from the same tell tale signs (grass moving, sound, etc)

Tbh I don't get why he still has a shimmer at all. He could use that kind of buff at base and would still probably not even be mid tier.

I'd imagine it's because of counter-play design reasons.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

@se05239 said:

@Blueberry said:

@Ryuhi said:
    the only thing I find weird about Prayer Beads is that the Wraith doesn't have a similarly powerful addon that removes his shimmer while cloaked. Especially with the amount of time it takes him to decloak before he can attack, he's much less likely to get a gen grab or anything, and he suffers from the same tell tale signs (grass moving, sound, etc)

Tbh I don't get why he still has a shimmer at all. He could use that kind of buff at base and would still probably not even be mid tier.

He's extremely slow when cloaking and decloaking. That should be enough, IMO, and I wish the devs would see that.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 3,615

@Orion said:

@se05239 said:

@Blueberry said:

@Ryuhi said:

He's extremely slow when cloaking and decloaking. That should be enough, IMO, and I wish the devs would see that.

Basically^

You could not know he was there till he was right on top of you and it still wouldn't be that big of a deal with his uncloaking.

• tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 876

@adalesmo said:
    How can they really find it fair to have an add-on for someone who can go invisible with no indication whatsoever where they are but also no idea that they're using their ability? There is no counterplay whatsoever. Every other strong add-on for every killer has some counterplay on some level (exception being nurse and exhaustion add-ons that remain broken).

No counterplay?
    I came up with some:
    1) Premonition/Spine Chill
    2) Generator tapping

• friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,159

@adalesmo said:
    How can they really find it fair to have an add-on for someone who can go invisible with no indication whatsoever where they are but also no idea that they're using their ability? There is no counterplay whatsoever. Every other strong add-on for every killer has some counterplay on some level (exception being nurse and exhaustion add-ons that remain broken).

its fine

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@DemonDaddy said:
    Cause surprise attacks help keep the game in line with the horror genre. They also feel so much better than watching the killer approach after x-seconds of warning. There shouldn't be any point in a match where you feel secure enough to dismiss danger.

DBD being a horror game, thats a meme itself.....

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,483
    @Master
    Yeah with all the early warnings its hard to be reminded of the horror aspect. Violence doesn't equate to fear and survivors are anything but afraid of the killer.
  • NuclearBurrito2NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

MakeDBDHorrorAgain

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@tehshadowman33 said:

@adalesmo said:

No counterplay?
    I came up with some:
    2) Generator tapping

I run Premonition and get told it's trash and they shouldn't have to run it despite the fact it works on every killer except Tier I Myers. I've also never been gen grabbed by a Spirit running them even when not running Premonition.

You can see grass moving, crows get disturbed by her passing, corn maps make her super easy to spot, you can gen tap, move around while doing the gen etc.

@powerbats said:

@tehshadowman33 said:

@adalesmo said:

No counterplay?
    I came up with some:
    2) Generator tapping

I run Premonition and get told it's trash and they shouldn't have to run it despite the fact it works on every killer except Tier I Myers. I've also never been gen grabbed by a Spirit running them even when not running Premonition.

You can see grass moving, crows get disturbed by her passing, corn maps make her super easy to spot, you can gen tap, move around while doing the gen etc.

True, I forgot about that.

It works with Freddy too.

If you work on a gen, sit on a side with at least two of your exposed sides near grass. If it moves, immediately stand up and start running. This won't work on certain maps like The Game, which doesn't have movable terrain.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,492
    Blueberry said:

Spine Chill, Premonition, Iron Will, opening eyes to grass...yup no counters all.

Object, alert, dark sense as well.... iron will is the true hard counter to her though 

@Bravo0413 said:
    Blueberry said:

Spine Chill, Premonition, Iron Will, opening eyes to grass...yup no counters all.

Object, alert, dark sense as well.... iron will is the true hard counter to her though 

Not really. In order to be truly stealth against that, you'd need to run No Mither and Iron Will b/c Stridor increases pain noises by 100% but those two combined take it over 100% reduction.

@Bravo0413 said:
    Blueberry said:

I forgot object of obsession. Considering, yeah it'd counter that as she wouldn't see your aura. Alert, no b/c you cannot break things while haunting as Spirit and odds of spirit breaking a pallet/kicking a gen and going into haunt mode within 5 seconds is really low. Dark sense same problem as before.

edited February 11

@tehshadowman33 said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    Blueberry said:

Not really. In order to be truly stealth against that, you'd need to run No Mither and Iron Will b/c Stridor increases pain noises by 100% but those two combined take it over 100% reduction.

Iron Will counters Stridor fyi

edited February 11

@Blueberry said:

@tehshadowman33 said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    Blueberry said:

No. T3 Iron Will only makes pain noises for survivors 50% reduced for a killer running T3 Stridor. It's more of a soft counter.

No Mither + Iron Will = Total silence even against a T3 Stridor... Not that you would ever want to run this combo b/c it's so bad.....

@tehshadowman33 said:

@Blueberry said:

@tehshadowman33 said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    Blueberry said:

No. T3 Iron Will only makes pain noises for survivors 50% reduced for a killer running T3 Stridor. It's more of a soft counter.

No Mither + Iron Will = Total silence even against a T3 Stridor... Not that you would ever want to run this combo b/c it's so bad.....

Stridor = Breathing

Iron Will = Grunts of Pain

They are not the same

@Blueberry said:

@tehshadowman33 said:

@Blueberry said:

@tehshadowman33 said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    Blueberry said:

Stridor = Breathing

Iron Will = Grunts of Pain

They are not the same

OK, yeah you're right. Checked wiki. Apparently, injured survivors have different breathing noise.

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 23

These forums are really just to back up the devs, though, apparently, that's pretty much all that I ever see in the comments replying to actually have the devs balance the game, in a board that's all about that as a topic.

There is no other killer who comes close to having such a broken add-on.

Nurse's Omega/3rd blink are far more broken than beads, and never touched.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 882

Some counter play is to not be on the gen after the spirit hooks someone, till you know you're safe.
    Pay attention to the grass/corn/etc around you.
    Although I do think this addon needs a down side and the rarity should be swapped with Father's Glasses.