Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is this red ranks or am I unlucky ?

HugTheHagHugTheHag Member Posts: 973

Hit iri 4 on survivor for the first time today, and all I'm getting are killers camping and tunneling at 5 gens. I know ranks don't affect matchmaking that much, but I was hoping to actually get to play the game now that I'm supposedly out of the "new killer who doesn't know better" mmr.

We're making the best of it, which isn't much, and it's getting frustrating having boring or infuriating games rather than exalting ones.

Is this iri ranks or am I just unlucky ? Because if it's the former, I might jump ship and play more killer again.

Comments

• amazing_graceamazing_grace Member Posts: 732

Your grade has nothing to do with what your mmr is and thus, you being iri grade does not affect your matchmaking whatsoever. If anything, it's more dependent on what your queue times are like for your time zone/time of day, if your mmr seems to be failing you.

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Ranks don't exist anymore

• HugTheHagHugTheHag Member Posts: 973

I said rank as a manner of speech. And I know grades don't affect mmr, but what I mean is that if I can pip enough to get there in two days playing, then I'm supposedly out of the beginner pool, and should be facing people who actually play the game. I've been led to believe such behaviour is mostly common with new killers.

Unless the problem lies with mmr not taking into account whether you actually did well carrying the team and died, or did nothing but escaped. In which case, yeah, I can't say my escape rate is stellar since the update.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,877

Manner of speech, plus people are used to think about ranks when it comes to matchmaking. It is what most us knew, after all.

• amazing_graceamazing_grace Member Posts: 732

It's been well documented that survivor MMR is based on whether you escape or not. You could probably look up a youtube video that goes more in depth or look for past forum posts that explain it, but essentially if you escape your mmr goes up and if you die your mmr goes down (even if you played well). The system isn't the best, but they have said they would look into improving it sometime... maybe.

Getting to iri grade and pipping up isn't incredibly difficult because you can usually die in your matches and still get 1 pip from it. Once you are in iri grade, then yeah, it gets much harder to pip if you die in the match. From what you said, it seems like your mmr might still be on the lower end if you die most of your matches.

• Sava18Sava18 Member Posts: 240

Generally the higher mmr you get the less camping you will see. Tunneling may still be seen but it won't be the real tunneling which is only you from your first chases until you are dead. The issue is that just like me as a killer main saw many bad survivors before this patch you, though I don't know how high mmr you as a survivor can get a mismatch of killers depending on how long they have been in queue. But you will know when you get an actual high mmr killer just from their body language, just as I can tell if a survivor is good after first chase(sometimes second). Though as other have said, If you want to guarantee that you are high mmr going against competent killers and hopefully getting competent teammates. Run perks to make sure you get out regardless of gate or hatch(hatch neither gives or takes away your mmr). I hope this helps because at least at my mmr I am genuinely enjoying the couple games a day I play against survivors who know how to play the game regardless of solo or swf.

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

It has been 4 days. How are people already at Iridescent???