Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do Yall Give The Last Survivor Hatch?

Comments

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 2,865

Oh yes, I totally forgot about that condition! It's a bit arbitrary, but if I make it super obvious that I am giving you hatch by letting you wriggle off while I turn in a circle or stand in a corner and you don't do the frantic "thank you" tbag and gift me your item, but just zoom off, then I'll do my best to hunt you down and hook you.

Show some respect and be polite.

• NegiNegi Member Posts: 354

Usually, unless the whole group were dicks or I'm going for an adept.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,818

I give Hatch every- so- often

It depends on how I'm feeling at that time

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,679

Totally situational, depending on a few factors:

1. Do I have a sacrifice challenge? Then no.
    2. Am I making that last push to Iri 1 grade? Then no.
    3. Did the last surv BM me at any point? If yes, then no.
    4. Was the last surv the best player on an otherwise awful team? Then probably.
    5. Was the last surv a random who seemed to be ignored/sandbagged by SWF teammates? Then yes.
    6. Was the last surv a total potato who got screwed by MMR? Then probably.
    7. Am I just feeling benevolent? Then probably.

Also, my philosophy is that if I (or any killer, really) don't slug for 4K (which I rarely do), I'm essentially saying I'm okay with you getting hatch, so that feel like I'm giving it to some degree.

• NeamyNeamy Member Posts: 351

I was given the hatch the other day, never happens to me, and I’m sure I was annoying as hell to him. But I was also the one trying to save my team while doing gens, had a toolbox run out in the middle of a sabotage (confetti and everything).

• WowieWowie Member Posts: 200

Sometimes. Usually only if they played well or if they did something funny.

• JakeCannonJakeCannon Member Posts: 395

If that person specifically played really well but had bad teammates, and just stands there injured and nodding their head I’ll nod , walk away , nod again and they always get the point that im tryna help . If they were playing like a dick or if I’m on a super hot losing streak I am definitely not as nice .

• LeFennecFoxLeFennecFox Member Posts: 582

Depends on what that last person was doing and if I need a tome for sacrafices/hooks

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,564

It depends.

Clicky clicky once and everyone ioes.

Teabag once and everyone dies.

Annoy me in any way, and everyone dies.

If you've played a good, clean game - yeah, I'll always let the last person go.

• NeprašheartNeprašheart Member Posts: 303

If I haven't selected a specific Rift challenge or daily challenge, I do always let the last one to escape; I do try to close the Hatch, let them open the gate, and then make them crawl to the exit.

• kisfenkinkisfenkin Member Posts: 431

Every killer that is doing this is cheating the system.

How?

First, you stop yourself from getting higher MMR. This makes the next group easier to kill than you deserve. Rinse and repeat.

Second, you stop BHVR from being able to balance the game properly. They can't tell that you let the last one go. The numbers think you failed to kill the last one. BHVR proceeds with balance thinking that your killer and your build aren't capable of 4k, when in fact they are.

Finally, now you know those two facts. You are not doing it out of kindness. They aren't benefiting from your benevolence nearly as much as you are. That's greed and selfishness, not kindness. You can SAY you are doing out of kindness, but that was before, when you were ignorant that you are actually benefiting more than the survivor.

• Taxman232Taxman232 Member Posts: 112

I would say I see 1 out of 25 killers give hatch. Very rare at the moment what with all the rise in slugging and tunnel/camp play styles.

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,298

Hell no lol. I only give the hatch to survivors that are clearly babies and shouldn't have been matched against me. I definitely don't give hatch to any "good" survivor that's on PC because they're probably cheating anyways.

I've had 1 survivor give me a free kill when I've had a bad game in the entire time I've played this game and I'm devotion 24. I also get teabagged at the exit gate very frequently even when I went out of my way not to camp/tunnel. survivors are toxic af

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,564

Hahaha what?

Dude, giving hatch has been etiquette since as long as I can remember. The game's inception, maybe.

If you don't, you get salty people telling you off in postgame.

• dknbdknb Member Posts: 25

killer main never understand their own arrogance

• Dead_HarderDead_Harder Member Posts: 1,251

If they act cute or drop their items.

A single couch while maintaining eye contact is enough.

Hell if you do it in the middle of the match ill leave you be till the next time i see you again. No exceptions.

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,675
  • SpaghettiVaseSpaghettiVase Member Posts: 203

depends on where it spawns. If it literally opens right in front of us then yeah.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,497

More often than not I do. If I thrashed the other 3 or won a game from a losing position, I'll always let the last go, unless they were a rival player who annoyed me 😅

• FridayNightPizzaFridayNightPizza Member Posts: 136
    edited August 18

I will if they're not being toxic or there are multiple dcs.

Post edited by FridayNightPizza on
  • ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

If the Survivors were focused on Generators, no.

If they were memeing around, yeah

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,612

Most of the time, yes.

I never get hatch as survivor so I like to give it as killer at least

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 1,374

I don't usually gift it but I don't either slug for 4K I just take the 3K and let last one have chance to get hatch. If they don't get it I usually still give them exit. Sometimes I take the 4K if I feel I truly deserved.

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 1,374

You should never expect that. Giving hatch is nowhere equilavent of that. I don't think any killer would even want that if survivors try to give me kill I throw them out of exit.

• xni6_xni6_ Member Posts: 285

i just hook them unless the hatch is right where i downed them, im not going out of my way to carry them across the universe for them to get literally nothing from it and me to lose points.

only exception is if its a friend, then ill take them to hatch

• DH3206DH3206 Member Posts: 117

Not anymore.

• HugTheHagHugTheHag Member Posts: 995
    edited August 18

Generally yes, unless I get my 5-stack-Devour Hope in which case I'm probably mori-ing them !

The vast majority of survivors I encounter play fairly, and BMs are quite rare in my games. I guess if a survivor is mean to me they won't get hatch, but they'll generally already be dead by the time it's 1v1, and I'm not punishing a survivor that did nothing to me just because their teammate was toxic.

Post edited by HugTheHag on
  • KolitraKolitra Member Posts: 61

Lol no. never. Survs don't deserve this, they bullied me way too much, and they continue, so they will pay their arrogance.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,983

It's really dependent on many factors such as their playstyle, location of hatch, how the match went, etc., so it's hit and miss with me.

• squbaxsqubax Member Posts: 521

Almost never, I have never got any pity kills nor anything of the sort so giving hatch would be foolish, but there is one exception and that is if someone is being sandbagged/bodyblocked etc by a swf or a random, then at least give them hatch for having to put up with those kinds of people.