Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Maps offering are eroding my goodwill.

drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,924

As everybody knows, there are several bad maps in this game and I've been sent to the worst ones consistently for three days in a row now. Sometimes "naturally" (thanks for that wonderful random distribution devs), sometimes by offering. I've lost my patience.

I've started to play very nastily against any group (SWF or not, I don't care) that sends me to such a map (so basically MacMillan and Autoheaven offerings are safe).

If the map I'm being sent to is the Game, and I'm using one of the few killers that can manage it well, I don't care : the intent was clear.

As expected, many such group don't enjoy the resulting trial at all. However they were pretty happy to force a busted map and use tailored unhookable builds or any other "fun" stuff (you know what I'm talking about, ... or not) without a second though.

Do you also handle trials with a nasty map offering differently than normal ones?

Comments

• TostapaneTostapane Member Posts: 1,101

Welcome to the club, as for me I'm forced to play mean ALWAYS, hence why it's already a miracle if I want to do a match par day...

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 6,134
    edited August 18

It's tough. It's put people in a bad spot on both sides when a busted offering is played. The killer probably wants to sweat to punish the Ormond offering, but there might be some solo players in that lobby who had nothing to do with it.

Ideally, the lobby system would be akin to Overwatch. Map is announced, and then there's a 1 minute window to set killer/survivor and builds. But apparently players love the surprise element, so we have to have a 50% chance of having fun in any given trial, whether that be a pointless killer/map combo or pointless survivor perk/map combo

• FilthyLegionMainFilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

If it's current RPD then I'll be dodging. Though what I hate is that every little thing seems to tilt me now. By that I mean I have trouble getting over the smallest of things. Dumb teammates doing dumb things is enough to make me feel like I'm bubbling with rage.

• My_AespaMy_Aespa Member Posts: 545

I agree that there are way too many of them in the bloodweb, I have STACKS of them, but I don't use them because I like the randomness of it. It teaches you to adapt to any map you come across and I think that's very helpful.

• drsoontmdrsoontm Member Posts: 2,924

That's what I call "nastily". Using any mistake, any weakness, to crush the opponents.

My usual rule is to play "nice" and only start killing at 2 gens left (with some exceptions).

Someone once suggested map offerings should do the opposite: prevent from going to that realm instead. It felt like a good idea. Although it should probably not be cumulative or survivors could banish four realms at once.

Why forced? Not that I blame you. There are more disadvantages playing nice than playing harsh.

Would love that. I'd tune my build a bit. Take a nasty one instead of a balanced one.

Maybe you need some variety. I sometimes get that feeling but the game isn't the real cause. It sometimes happens to me when I've been overworked for several days straight and I'm simply tired. Sleeping more, going to walk for several hours, ... usually fixes it. It can be just me though.

As long as being sent to hell, I'd rather it to be random than by the opposing team. Fate is easier to accept.

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 651

I try my best to win but I usually do it in a chill way and I try not tunnel and let peopleget at least some points as I have hundreds of flans on my killers so I always bring one. I see a map offering especially a game forest or farm one any form of mercy is gone and I will tunnel someone out at 5 gens if I can.

I simply view it as trying to rig the game and making sure I don't have a good time so my empathy flies out the window.

• Dead_HarderDead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Certain maps require you to be more ruthless anyway. I see no problem

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,497

I do the same thing. Map offering? Gloves are off.

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,642

I fear the MacMillan offerings more than anything now lol. It seems to me the sweatiest of the sweat comp/wannabe comp players all burn MacMillan offerings (im assuming cause those maps are played most in comp)

• KayTwoAyyKayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,149

Agreed. I see MacMillan offerings far too much, that I've started to lament going there.

I don't care if it is "the most balanced realm," I just want some map diversity

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,642

"most balanced" must be totally relative then lol. Suffocation Pit and Groaning Storehouse IMO are obscenely survivor sided, Ironworks is busted with boons. Coal Tower is small but it has a strong building with tons of strong loops connected to each other. Shelter Woods is mostly killer sided but it's huge

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,656

Nah, I play the same no matter what. I don't blame survivors for using map offerings since the killer buffs. It's pretty miserable as survivor right now.

• Dogma_lokiDogma_loki Member Posts: 77

I don't bring map offerings for any other reason than I don't want Auto-Haven or Macmillian for the millionth time this month. Not every move done by the other side in DBD is for some statistical/competitive advantage.

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

My game keeps on crashing whenever I get an RPD, Coldwind or Springwood Offering

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 7,299

There's like 17 different realms. I want them to rework it so the 5 players won't go to the realm they were just in the previous match to prevent back to back matches on the same map. Then make it so the offering prevents you from going to the realm. If they did this even if all 5 players played a different map offering there would still be 7 realms they could be sent to.

• KayTwoAyyKayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,149
  • SgtMittensSgtMittens Member Posts: 249

Map offerings should never be allowed for either side. Same with picking maps in public matches in Friday the 13th. No one playing should be scheming that badly for a favorable advantage. Random chance is always fair.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988

I do not care too much. I do not even pay attention to offerings unless I get that cake, son. Nothing I notice more than a big, fat, juicy cake. It immediately catches my eye and I cannot stop staring. Those curves...

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,715

I don't play differently when I see a map offering but I definitely would be happier if the game didn't have them. They just exacerbate problems that come up when specific maps are broken or imbalanced by allowing people who want to abuse those areas to force the matches into them.

"But I'm tried of the random map generator sending me to the same map five times in a row!" Sure, I'm all for tweaking the random map selection algorithm so it never sends the players to any map they played in their most recent game so people don't get repeats. But that's a really minor thing compared to the problems map offerings cause and definitely not a reason not to keep the offerings around. (Seriously, how often do you see the same map more than twice in a row at most? It's exceedingly rare.)

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 3,550

Awww... Too sad that this bug is very widespread and pretty consistently.

• HugTheHagHugTheHag Member Posts: 1,801

I mean, some people like maps regardless of their potential for one side or the other.

As a survivor, I like Dead Dawg even though it's killer sided. I'll put offerings to go there sometimes. I don't like The Game and Garden of Joy, even though they're survivor-sided, so I don't even buy the offerings.

As a Killer, I like Coldwind, even though it's the map with the most survivor escapes.

There doesn't have to be a mean intent with map offerings, even those for infamous maps. Some people just enjoy the maps.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 3,219

Every time i see a map offering, on either side, my first thought is always "oh **** what now"

I know occasionally killers run them to make specific builds viable, but it seems like almost every game with an offering is because someone wants to abuse something about the map.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 3,196

I have a daily compulsion to visit RPD so I'm conflicted

• ByeByeQByeByeQ Member Posts: 840

As a killer, when I get sent to maps like RPD, the Game or GoJ, I usually assume it's done with malicious intent. If these get used they get no quarter, unless they want a quarter ounce of salt.

All other maps... we cool, I don't care. They might just be using offerings to break up a 4 swamp streak or something.

• MekochiMekochi Member Posts: 931

b-but I wanna use my 10+ of each map offering 🥺

on a real note though, I hate The Game and I don't even play killer, if killer is Mikey on that map i might as well pick death, same with Hunty, Deathy boy, bald man, and kpop #########.

Ghostface though, he can mori my Feng Min anytime, favorite killer, and favorite mori