Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killers are op now

Comments

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,688

But if you play solo, how many survivors that refuse to do gens are needed? Can survivors adept to the point where they can win a 3v1 in a game designed to be a 4v1 on equal skill level? And if they can win, they would surly win with 4 survivors, i would argue at that point matchmaking is not working.

You have to distinguish in this game between swf and solo, because its vastly different.

I mean, are you just a survivor that thought you had skill, too, or are you adepting and winning? Your last sentence seems to imply you win not that much.

Thats the point, swf can and should be able to handle this shifts, solos have your survivor experience, even if they adept, because you cant adept for the whole team.

• Sava18Sava18 Member Posts: 301

More like survivor takes skill now that has boosted the queue times lol

• ReviloDBDReviloDBD Member Posts: 540

I lose more playing Killer than I do Survivor now *shrugs*

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,184

Yes I strictly play soloQ because I don't have enough friends who play around the time I do.

Yes alot of the issues are with matchmaking as well ie Higher MMR Killers going against lower MMR Survivors and visa versa. It has been confirmed that the current matchmaking system will disregard MMR limits to pair Survivors with the next Available Killer and visa versa even if the MMRs don't match up for a "fair" match.

Part of this issue with matchmaking is that alot of Survivor players have switched to Killer and without the incentive system running there is no reason to switch back.

Yea I'm losing alot but like I said that because so far my teams have consisted of the DCers, Hook Suiciders, or Match Saboteurs. So I'm stuck in the glorious Low MMR Hell. I myself can loop with the best of them and my average amount of Gens I can pump out in a single match is around 3 and that's by myself mind you. It took me awhile to adapt to the patch changes but once I did I got back into the normal flow of things. That being said 1 Survivor can't successfully escape a match by themselves, it still takes a team to get there.

All my experience has been through the SoloQ. Even my matches as Killer had more SoloQs to at most 2-man SWFs and all those matches, excluding a few where matchmaking paired me against a bunch of baby Survivors, have been very good and evenly matched. I won some I lost some and I tried a few of them but overall the experience was good seeing Survivors that were adapting to the changes.

So in short the ones who have quit DbD because of the patch we're not trying to adapt to the changes and the same goes for the ones who are ruining the matches for new players and those stuck in the Hell Zones. I have yet to run into a actual Toxic Camper in my SoloQ games. However I was tunneled and camped to death but that's because I was the only Survivor that was running CoH/ShadowStep Boons and was the obvious Rescuer for the ones on hook, so I expected to be tunneled and camped because that was the smart play to get rid of me early. Was I bummed about it.....yea a bit but like I said I expected that to happen.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,834
  • Majin151Majin151 Member Posts: 991

As a person who plays both sides I can barely loop myself(the only killers I can properly loop for long periods Is bubba and m1 killers lol)

And I don't consider any killer op outside of nurse with addons(but that's just me being salty that I can't play as/against her lol)

• PhantomChimeraPhantomChimera Member Posts: 636
    edited August 19

Playing as both killer and survivor recently I have noticed that that the survivors aren't using teamwork versus the killers being OP. Survivors can work on generators, unhook other survivors, heal and so forth. So often though don't though. I have even seen them leave other survivors to just bleed out that have been left in a dying state. If they aren't going to help each other it makes it easier on the killer.

In the matches I have played as killer if a survivor is going to just move from locker to locker, hide at the edges and so forth hoping that the other survivors will get the generators done so the exit gates can be opened or hoping to get the hatch if the others get sacrificed it doesn't work that way very often. Especially if more than one survivor playing that way and not doing anything.

Teamwork is a important part of it and it is something that I haven't been see a lot of in the matches I have been in recently. Even if solo queuing they should be helping each other however in many matches they don't.

Post edited by PhantomChimera on
  • KolitraKolitra Member Posts: 61

You know that the killer is sensed to be logicaly the one in power position ? YOU ARE SURVIVORS DUDE !

There is absolutely no logic when survs are in power position, this is why we, killers complained for years about being stupidly bullied by over OP survs squad.

If survs can bully you, this mean they have the time to do it, the problem is here; the time.

If survs actually are survivors, they should not have the time to bully you, you are the killer, they should fear you, if they don't fear you, it's not normal, this mean killer is underpowered or/and survs are too powerfull.

This cumulation of my points explain the nerfs of survs and the little buffs on killers. Because you got way more nerfed than the buff we got.

Survs were way too strong because of some perks, now, the game is healthier.

• KolitraKolitra Member Posts: 61

They think they start to be "in the position" we got for years, also denying we got this horrible position.

But they are far from it, so far.

• DamarusDamarus Member Posts: 600

True, up to a certain point, 3 gens are in the survivor's hands. What is even more true, however, is that something like that should not even be a thing. You shouldn't have to know the game perfectly, to understand where every single gen is. You shouldn't have to play SWF for that not to happen, cause you have no idea which other gens your other solo teammates are working on. As much as exit gates should NEVER spawn so close to each other that the killer can just walk from one to the other in 2 seconds, or camp above a small hill that allows him to see both levers, without moving. The doors should always, always, always spawn on opposite sides of the map.

• OrangeBearOrangeBear Member Posts: 509

You are looking at switching to Friday The 13th 😂

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

You don't need to know the game perfectly to deny 3-Gens. It's not hard to finish the Generator in the middle first and then ping-pong from one side of the Map to another and do Generators.

Exit Gate spawns can be bad, and they can be good. It depends on RNG. The same RNG that can spawn an L/T wall that leads into a long-wall jungle gym into shack into one of those hay bale Coldwind junk tiles

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,598

No they're not. When a survivor knows what they are doing and performing well, it forces the killer to abandon 1v1 or overcommit and throw the match. Chances are that if killers are looking OP there are several changes and improvements you can make to your gameplay.

• Marik1987Marik1987 Member Posts: 868

This moment when u create a new account just to cry.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 5,221

Killers aren't really op. In general at least. And especially not a killer like Wraith. Only Nurse and Blight are op in my opinion.

The big problem for survivor right now is that killers, while not op, have very cheap tactics they can squeeze a win out with in a match they otherwise would have rightfully lost, and those tactics are camping and tunneling. Killers in general don't need nerfs, at least not noticeable nerfs. It's camping and tunneling that need to be nerfed asap.

I really feel that is more of a skill issue than a balance issue.

Which regression perks were you using? Because I do agree that Eruption and Pentimento need to be nerfed. The other slowdown or regression perks seem fine to me, if anything, they just need very small nerfs, and that's it.

I really hope BHVR nerfs camping and tunneling before they nerf anything else significant on the killer's side, because those two strategies are by far the most problematic in this game right now. And those two strategies being nerfed would improve the gameplay of survivors like no other balance change. In my opinion.

Don't kid yourself. I doubt the scenario you described is what has actually increased queue times for killers.

edited August 19

No slowdown Perk needs a nerf, they're all fine.

Nurse and Blight are (base-kit wise) perfectly fine.

Camping and tunneling can't be nerfed until we have better Map and Item balance

• DeathstrokeDeathstroke Member Posts: 1,441

Yup but those are pretty rare though so that does make killer very strong now.

• Iron_CutlassIron_Cutlass Member Posts: 666

"I mean getting one hit by the bell guy is annoying" followed by "killer abilities are used and abused since they have absolutely no cool down" is the funniest thing to me.

You do realize a lot of killers have limitations to their power right?

• Wraith must uncloak fully to hit survivors, providing them time to react, it produces audio and leaves him open to be lightburned if a flashlight is in play.
    • Trapper takes a long time to set up.
    • Hillbilly has his overheat mechanic which puts his power on cooldown for using it too much or too long.
    • Nurse has to recharge their blinks after using them.
    • Huntress has a limited amount of hatchets and has to reload to get more hatchets.
    • Hag has a limitation to the amount of traps and still has to set them up.
    • Doctor has a cooldown for Static Blast, and Shock Therapy cannot be spammed since you do not gain distance on survivors by doing so.
    • Bubba has to regain characters after using it, and you cant hold your power for too long because you will enter a tantrum.
    • The Pig has limited Reverse Bear Traps, they can be taken off before active. Her Ambush is takes a long time to charge up, makes a noise, and is often just used to lead people away from loops from how awful it is.
    • Spirit has to recharge her ability.
    • Legion has to recharge their ability, using it while people are injured is useless in most situations.
    • Plague cannot use her Corrupt Purge unless she brings certain addons or a survivor cleanses their infection, Corrupt Purge runs on a timer and has limited usage.
    • Demogorgan has to fully charge their Shred to use it, Portals have a cooldown.
    • Oni has a duration based power and has to work for it by causing survivors to bleed.
    • Deathslinger has to reload, and his power has limitations as to how useful it is depending on the loop.
    • Blight has a token based power, you must recharge all tokens to use their power.
    • The Twins has an awful cooldown and transition between Charlotte and Victor, you can also hold Victor hostage to physically deny them their power.
    • Trickster has limited ammo and most restock their ammo at a locker when they run out.
    • Artist has a cooldown to their power depending on how many Dire Crows were used.
    • The Dredge can teleport to lockers/remnant but it runs off a token system, you must wait for tokens to recharge before you can use their power again.
    • Sadako's TVs can be disabled by survivors and has a cooldown to when they turn back on, it takes time to manifest/demanifest, giving people time to react.
    • Cenobite has a cooldown to using their power, also chains can be broken by the environment rendering his power useless at some loops.
    • Nemesis must rank up his power for it to actually be useful, survivors can physically deny Nemesis his power for the whole match if they are good enough.
    • Pyramid Head has a limitation to how much Rites of Judgement he can leave behind, you can also avoid getting tormented by crouching over the trials left behind.
    • Ghostface has a cooldown to his power, you can also reveal them to break them out of their power.
    • Clown has a limited amount of bottles and most restock their bottles to continue using them.
    • Freddy gets slowed down for using their power, also Dream Projection has a cooldown based on the amount of sleeping survivors.
    • The Shape has to work for his power by stalking survivors, you can hinder his ability to gain his power by breaking line of sight.

Demogorgan has to fully charge their Shred to use it, Portals have a cooldown.

Wrong, Demogorgon only has to charge it for 0.65 seconds

I made a post about that and it got deleted for "shaming the amount of posts people have" (despite it not being at all what I was doing)...

Ive seen stuff like this happen in the Warframe community. A few years back, their was a modification you could put on melee weapons that made them deal 90% of an enemies health in damage while sliding, so people made new accounts to complain and avoid backlash since the community was too adjusted to the modification to want to get rid of it. The modification ended up getting nerfed as a result.

Not saying all of them are alternative accounts, people come to the forums for all kinds of reasons, but I bet there are at least a few of them.

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,953

Okay let me get this straight for you. I didn't talk about the meta changes in 6.1 specifically.

Give it 3 months for the top tier survs, solo and swf to start adapting to the new meta and every game will have 4 looping gods in it over 1800mmr

I just asked you what is the difference here to before patch 6.1 beside a change in the survivors attitude?

The scenario you're describing in this first sentence i was talking about was a possibility before patch 6.1 as well as after.

We all knew that most optimal playing survivor are nigh unbeatable by none other than comp playing killers or equivalents.

I don't see the majority of survivor really suddenly getting so efficient as to have 100% "god looper" in all games. If the recent changes to the meta would've been enough to suddenly wake everybody up to play like a pro then it would've happened before because thats not really anything but a mentality change. The possibility were already there.

Hook trading is counter productive, as the extra 50s worth of gen time over the game (thats an entire extra gen to do) 3 people slamming gens means 2 gens can pop before someone is sacrificed

Ehm, what? 3 people slamming gens would mean 3 gens done even before the first person is sacrifised. A gen takes 90 seconds and sacrifice (120 seconds) plus first chase and even finding the first survivor should be way above that.

"50 seconds are an ENTIRE extra gen to do"? Are you calculating suddenly with a gen done by 2+ people for your argument here or what? Because it's still only 10 seconds extra PER GEN and all speedup would need to be calculated individually per gen.

Those extra 50 seconds over all can be everything from average 10-15 seconds at best up to several minutes in overall trial time depending on the regression perks the killer has and so on. Not nearly as clear cut ad you want make it seem.

It's still time to react, often Demos will charge their power at a pallet, but running to the side of the pallet can avoid the Demo's Shred. It takes time to pick up on that stuff, for both sides to learn strategies and counter strategies. Often I just use Demo's Shred as a zoning tool since most people know how to counter Shred.

First of all, zoning with Shred more than actually using it? Ew

Second of all, I never said anything about Shred's strength, I only pointed out something that was factually incorrect

• LynxxLynxx Member Posts: 423

Probably because they didn't have a big enough complaint to make them want to sign up and voice it until now.

I know you didnt mention anything in regards to the strength, I was kind of just adding onto what you said. Since I feel like someone might see the 0.65 second charge up and assume it's stronger than it really is. (I mean, one of the first things the post complains about is Wraith... the only people who complain about Wraith are less experienced players who dont really understand things that well. So I responded with that mindset, keep in mind.)

Also, what's the issue with using it as a zoning tool? I still Shred people regardless, if people take the window, I hit them with Shred, if people run away to avoid Shred, I still can hit them with Shred (suggesting I dont mess up, it happens sometimes, I am an idiot sometimes). But there are times where regardless I am a menace to society, getting long wall and shack Shred hits will never not be satisfying, almost as satisfying as curving with Billy (reason why I main Billy and Demo, but currently more Demo than Billy since Garden of Joy is everything except for joy when playing Billy).