Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 6-2-0 PTB Feedback

About Reassurance, isnt it broken

SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,509
edited August 19 in 6-2-0 PTB Feedback

If one survivor is solo, and 3 SWF will be possible to troll the last survivor forever. Great perk

Post edited by Someissues on

Comments

• EvilSerjeEvilSerje Member Posts: 527

I don't know how "trolling" a camper is a bad thing? Camper can easily stop trolling, by not camping.

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 4,098

Do the survivors actually benefit from doing that if the killer isn't camping, though?

The way I see it, if the killer isn't camping that means they're pressuring at least one survivor, so the killer has one person on the hook, one person in chase, and two other people cycling through activating Reassurance which means they're not doing generators for 100% of the time that the killer is occupied. That's kind of a bad, losing setup for the survivors, they don't benefit from keeping someone on the hook over unhooking them and letting them help progress the game again unless the killer is sticking by that hook to defend it.

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 2,535

I don't think it's broken. The only thing they need to change is allow the person on hook to cancel the perk if they wish and disable it during end game. I know I'm not the first to suggest this change. I don't have an issue with it besides those two things.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,276

I know the original poster said trolling the “killer”, but to me the issue is survivors trolling another survivor on the hook by intentionally stalling their timer but never pulling them down. A malicious swf could hypothetically keep a solo survivor on a hook indefinitely so long as they can keep getting close to it every 30 seconds without quite being downed themselves. (The swf won’t win if they do that probably but people who do this sort of obnoxious thing don’t do it to “win”.)

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,509

You can troll normal killers too not just campers. It also affects normal killers. Let say if i was away from the Hook, anyone else can just use this perk to increase the timer of said survivor, so he never dies on the Hook by the 3 other survivors.

The Perk should only work if Killer is NEAR the hook to counter camping.

Since it doesnt have this requirement it automatically makes this S+ Perk because if everyone runs it, person on Hook literally never Dies

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 5,591

The ability to indefinitely keep a survivor on hook certainly needs to be looked at. Survivors having that kind of ability will never be healthy to the game.

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,509

i agreed, it shouldnt be infinite. and yeah about SWF trolling solo survivors that needs to be looked at too. i only play solo survivors, rarely with friends

• FeryGENFeryGEN Member Posts: 458

Yes, I agree, soon the survivors, even without campers, will be stupidly trolled by one random player.

• OnyxOnyx Member Posts: 214

Y'all really want the first ever proper anti-camping perk nerfed just because of hypotheticals. I swear if you guys get this perk nerfed imma be very disappointed at BHVR for making another knee-jerk change, just like with Endurance stacking.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,308

They don't have to benefit. They just want to mess with the solo. Like the teams that bring dead dawg offerings to get locker saves, they don't care about winning or losing, they just wanna mess with somebody.

• not_requested49not_requested49 Member Posts: 159

The whole endurance stackin thing was defnitely an issue, not because it countered unhealthy gameplay on the killer, is because it countered any type of gameplay for the killer making it extremely hard for killers to down

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 4,098

This is now edited. Initially, it was about survivors keeping someone on hook indefinitely as though that itself is broken, which is why my response now looks nonsensical lol