Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does Dredge nightfall charge fast while you sit in the locker?

Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 3,481

I think I noticed that your power charges fast like "you are using it" while sitting in a locker, which can generate Nightfall pretty quickly if that's the case. Is this intentional or a bug or something?

Comments

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 5,192

Being in a locker is "using your power" so yes it charges nightfall.

• Hensen2100Hensen2100 Member Posts: 181

It's in the tips at the loading screen, you also get it while teleporting across the map

That's why hit and run is so good on him, and it's not a bad idea to sit in lockers when you can afford to

If I have already won a game I usually try to finish the last people off at night for the memes

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 638

You can do it but it's not really worth it unless you have the shingle or got the 85% charge warning sound. I think it's 6 c/s and you need 300 charges so it would take you 50 seconds to get nightfall just by sitting in a locker which is like two gens gone if survivors are efficient and brought PT.

Shingle only raises it to 7c/s (technically 6.9 but I'm assuming they round up to keep it clean) so you would get it in about roughly 43 seconds by just sitting in lockers with shingle.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,715

In addition to the replies above, here’s the exact numbers from the wiki for charging Dredge’s Nightfall activation

Nightfall Activation:

• Activation threshold: 300 Charges
      • This refers to how many Charges must be accumulated for Nightfall to start.
    • Hiding in Locker as The Dredge+6 c/s
    • Number of injured or dying Survivors in Trial:
      • 0 Survivors: +0.25 c/s
      • 1 Survivor: +1 c/s
      • 2 Survivors: +2 c/s
      • 3 Survivors: +3 c/s
      • 4 Survivors: +4 c/s
    • Teleporting back to the Remnant+10 Charges
    • Hooking a Survivor: +20 Charges
    • Hitting a Survivor with a Basic Attack+20 Charges

Notice above that the more survivors there are who are fully healthy the faster Nightfall passively charges. Also every single time Dredge hits or hooks someone it shaves off a few more seconds from the timer too. Therefore it’s even more in the survivors’ interest than usual when facing the Dredge to heal up if possible, try to avoid taking needless basic attack hits, and why Dredge works so well doing a hit and run strategy to spread the damage out.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 3,481

That's so cool lol. I can just sit in locker here and there and get nightfall much quicker.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,715

It charges more quickly in a locker but not so quickly that literally sitting in a locker all game is a good strategy. But it is enough that if you’re not in a chase then teleporting around and scouting from lockers isn’t a bad idea. 🙂