Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Survivors are frustrated

DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,661

With their own failings.

The tools and mechanics are in place for success. All it takes is the knowledge of what to do and then personal ability to follow through on it.

It's not just swf with comms that can pull off dominating a killer; just 4 solos that understand the situations as they appear. If you consider yourself a decent player then that's all you need to atleast remain as the last survivor standing and then there's a free escape chance waiting for you.

Stealth is viable

Breaking chase is possible

Looping until downed (while counterproductive to survival) buys time

So many 2nd chance perks

Comments

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 651

mmmmm....yeah but it's hard and takes a lot of game knowledge and thinking, complaining about it being not easy while suggesting alf and knightlight are the killers in all my survivor games and anyone who says they do escape is probably just getting baby killers seems better than trying to improve.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 3,219
    edited August 20

I mean yeah, was this supposed to be some kind of gotcha comment? I honestly don't understand some whataboutism quips.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 4,315

It is one thing to say (in general) that Survivors are frustrated when it's Killers as well... so players are frustrated would've been a better title (then explain what you mean)

MM is screwy to say the least, Maps are just as bad (for both sides), Perks are what they are, playstyles are what they are

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 3,550

Tsk. Typical survivor bully trash. YouTube guys were the Powerrole for 4 ys and now feel entiteled to your bullying antics and cry out loud when the game moves the slightest towards Fairness.

Peeps like you make me sick

/s obviously <3

• CyberRoninXCyberRoninX Member Posts: 293

Fair right 😂. Play some soloq and we will see if you still think the game is fair.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 3,219
    edited August 20

I think OP is addressing a very specific point, that many survivors would rather hope they get carried than carry themselves.

That doesn't really apply to killers, since they have no teammates. You could argue about the balance of x or y for either side until your face turns blue, but the fact of the matter is that a team of 4 always has more skill safety nets than a team of 1. Unfortuantely the amount of ego and bm in this game only further encourages that mindset as well.

Many survivors aren't complaining that they want to be better, they're complaining they don't consistently get carried often enough, so the times it doesn't happen, they feel it must have been impossible for them to have done better. Its a personal responsibility perspective more than anything, doing your best is not the final outcome, and is the thing people should always be focusing on more than winning or losing. Doing so has the consequence that you'll end up winning more than losing because thats how self-improvement works.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,661
    edited August 20

What would that prove? Anyone could show you any number of clips from any big-name streamers and there will always be something somebody can point out.

Mistakes will always be made on both sides, point isn't that everyone needs to make a perfect run.

• PaintedDeathPaintedDeath Member Posts: 462

Why do you think you're entitled to a five game win streak?

I agree that mm can be a lottery. Given that teammates are beyond control I prefer to focus on what I can do for myself and by myself.

I do often see some posts confusing solo balance with mm issues though. And while mm does have an impact on survivor's experience, I think it's important to separate the two inorder to better define problems for the devs.

Nurse is strong, not denying that, but she is not unbeatable. She does suffer from a weakness all other Killers have as well though.

Getting better never hurts, I'm aware I always have room for self improvements, but mainly just suggesting self reflection before blaming balance is bias against survivors.

• Man_of_trianglesMan_of_triangles Member Posts: 240

DbD is one of the most unintuitive games ever made. People aren't going to get better no matter how many matches they play. Game won't even let them practice the maps.

If someone doesn't learn from their mistakes, that's a personal issue which doesn't need to be addressed by game design.

And yeah you can practice, it's with friends in kill your friends mode. Probably the most chill way to gradually improve and learn tiles against the full roster of killers. But I'll admit a solo bot mod would be my first choice, especially if I could customize the oppositions loadouts.

Not ignoring issues or feigning ignorance, both side have tough situations. Survivors can fail as a collective even when an individual exhibits peak performance. Killers can lose because they encounter the most efficient survivors first. That's just asymmetrical, teammates are as much a liability as an advantage.

I consider when a killer 4ks, that's a reflection of the team's actions in combination with the killer's efforts. Yes, we can be the best solo survivor on the team, but a teammate can still grant killers an advantage over us that would not be present in a standard 1v1 situation.

• TheSubstituteTheSubstitute Member Posts: 1,588

I'm not sure which game you're playing but these are the Dead by Daylight forums. Are you sure you're on the right page?

I am nowhere close to playing perfect games, but escaping by objective is a collective effort. Survivors can go down quick in chase and the team still finish gens. Hatch escapes are just a matter of outplaying teammates.

If your referring to chase mistakes, it goes both ways. A bad decision by the killer can extend chases dramatically to the teams benefit. A bad play by survivor results in a short chase.

Outside of chase mistakes play similar roles. Survivors prolong the objective where a killer's mistake decreases the time to complete their own.

• SaltyNootySaltyNooty Member Posts: 222

That is the FAREST THING, from asymmetrical if killers are now constantly getting 4K's whether or not survivors make a slip up or not. Survivors don't have to slip up and still get avalanched due to them not being able to make enough distance, due to certain killer perks that put them in an extremely oppressive situation from the start; just due to anything on the killer side, honestly.

The only THING that's hard for killers right now, is when survivors bring Prove thyself to get gens done quicker and still fail at it because the killer, unlike before where i'd actually argue things were more balanced; is alot more powerful and capable of downing them in less than a minute.

What you're expecting is that the survivors will take every loss gracefully and reflect on what they could've done better while constantly de-pipping and rolling on to the next match where, chances are; the same play will happen, just with a different player, perks, map and teammates.

I'd genuinely argue that pre-patch, things were more balanced, excluding dead hard. Now, it's much harder to win as is or do even basic tasks as a survivor since the killers are able to put much, MUCH more effective pressure as a whole and it doesn't feel like the win is given survivors but killers. In the past two weeks, i've been facing nothing but back to back, consistent losses. Death before the 2nd gen even pops, or before 4th gen pops, and I'd consider myself a decent survivor, good at looping, stealthing, doing gens, going for saves; all the like, yet here we are.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 14,867

I mean, go ahead.

It's an exercise in futility trying to play with anything less than a 4-man right now. My entire night tonight has been dominated by 4 Nurse's and 3 Pinhead's.

It's been so ######### miserable.

You keep mentioning survivors not being able to make distance, so I'll just state 2 things and leave it at a disagreement.

1. Killers by design have chase advantage and the devs want chases to be finite, this encourages a flow of interaction between players and encourages attempting to break chase before being downed.

2. It has been tested and proven that with percentages far exceeding the buff that was actually given to killers (can be done with current live perks & addons); survivors can still make it to the next available pallet/tile when not outpositioned in dead zones. The increased % only minimizes the room for bad movements.