Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Balancing around bad killers is ruining the game

Comments

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,642

Glad you mentioned the problem with the forum. The notifications haven't been working for me for a while and was wondering about it

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 3,131

In general, it is way more than 5%. Do look at the continuous winstreaks of killer mains and compare it to survivors usually losing.

• SilasySilasy Member Posts: 221

Balancing around bad survivors ruins game too

• AnchorTeaAnchorTea Member Posts: 876

sleezy sluzzy

• AyodamAyodam Member Posts: 484

Which killers? I can’t think of any killers—not a single one—where survivors constantly healing is somehow worse for them than survivors actually just completing gens. Survivors really waste a lot of time healing when they should just be on generators—injured or not…

• Iron_CutlassIron_Cutlass Member Posts: 999

Twins.

The only time you can really pop off with your power is if people are injured. When Boon: Circle of Healing, or hell, even Boon: Exponential is up, your power is basically useless and you have literally no pressure on survivors. It's one of the reasons why I run Shattered Hope on Twins, but even then, sometimes it doesnt help as much as Id like it to.

• Iron_CutlassIron_Cutlass Member Posts: 999

Didnt Hens go on a 150+ winstreak? I mean their streak ended I believe but they are trying again to see how far they can push the streak.

Survivors are capable of going on long winstreaks, it's just insanely hard, and the same is said for the killer's end of things, long winstreaks are earned and fought for by both sides, not to mention that long winstreaks are stressful and you are bound to make mistakes, as a result that could lead to the streak ending leading to further stress.

It's not easy. It's not something to sit here and pretend like it's some cakewalk when it isnt.

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 651

These are indeed dark times.

Although tbf it was kinda always like this just the mob was mostly on twitter so outta sight mostly but they've seemed to have spread to on here as well.

• Sava18Sava18 Member Posts: 682

With a take on old DH like that your opinion means nothing to pretty much everyone. The only killer with real counterplay to old dh was blight and no being able to wait out dh in a 10 by 10m dead zone isn't counterplay.

• Pico1224Pico1224 Member Posts: 12

Dude, COH is definitely one of the best survivor perks in the game, I see it almost every game playing as survivor or killer. Even with all the nerfs.

Dead Hard was too OP and very unhealthy for the game, and even with the nerfs is still a very good and fun perk, it requires skill and when you pull out a dead hard it feels awesome

DS I think that was fine

• Hito420Hito420 Member Posts: 87

except if you have played this game for any length of time, youd know they do balance for killers to be happy, killers whined about ds being overpowered multiple dlcs, and it was nerfed multiple times, killers complained (and rightfully so i might add) about infinites, and devs created blood lust as a BAND-AID fix that was meant to be REMOVED after they fixed infinites, they have now fixed infinites, but what have they done with bloodlust? reduced the amount of time it takes to get to each tier

doesnt stop there either, there were instances where 1) they fixed camping intentionally by making it so if the killers stayed near the hook, a certain number of meters, their progress bar would stop, but killers were outraged, so the devs claimed it was a "bug" instead of a feature, walking back their intended design, which, not wanting to throw away an idea/coding, they turned it into a perk, and it became steves perk comradery (now called kinship),

2) they fixed huntress hitbox detection on her hatchets (because lets be real, huntress gets some hits with the hatchets that they shouldnt because of latency) and that made it so killers that were use to these broken hitboxes could no longer get these hits that they shouldnt of been getting to begin with, and again they were upset, so it was called a bug or whatever and reverted

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,645

But balancing around your survivor skill level is also a very terrible Idea. 😉

• FridayNightPizzaFridayNightPizza Member Posts: 156

Here we go again.

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 3,925

Honestly I believed that at first too but really if you think about it, I think 3 second DS is fine.

DS didnt necessarily help you against Nurse or Blight anyway and hurted killers that didnt need to be hurt anymore than they already do like Trapper and Pig

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,377
    edited August 21

Survivors can absolutely go on monster win streaks, just look at hens, and thats WITH a self imposed perk stacking restriction and no items except ones looted from previous games. Imagine if they weren't imposing those restrictions on themselves and instead stacked 2-4 of all the strongest perks and brought BNP boxes or Syringe/styptic medkits every game. They would never lose.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,715

I don’t think “camping and tunneling” are actually balance issues per se, they’re more issues with how much people enjoy the games they lose. Literal facecamping for example is actually a suboptimal strategy in most cases, you’re better off doing a more proactive strategy of seeking out survivors after a hook to ensure only at most one is on a gen at a time, ideally in a zone defense where you are keeping a three or four gen area clear and hooking survivors in or near that area.

What people really dislike, though, is downtime and midgame player elimination. And that’s where camping and tunneling generate complaints. Yeah, if I sit at the hook as killer I’m usually decreasing my chances of winning, but that doesn’t make it any less boring being stuck in a hook and then immediately redowned if I’m pulled off over the course of two or three minutes straight. It’s a more fun loss if I get hooked, get rescued, doing some gens, get downed again, get rescued again, do gens some more, etc.

There might be some mechanisms that can steer killers away from facecamping, such as in the new Reassurance perk that’s coming out. I don’t know much can be done about so called tunneling though since that’s more directly tied to how the game is unfortunately built using permanent player elimination and I’m not sure how to avoid eliminating players early without getting rid of it altogether.

• SekiSeki Member Posts: 16

That is not true. Survivors are already neg-broken before 6.1.0. They gave killers new meta perks like erruption and pain reso while survivors got #########.

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,645

Depends on what side of the mmr scale you are.

Low MMR, killers are stronger.

Mid MMR, about average both ways.

High MMR, survivor stronger.

Even when survivors got nothing worth of perks, they still kept the same strong meta perks.

Making high MMR a pretty sweat hell for killers tbh

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

If by "neg-broken" you mean underpowered, no. You were bad at Survivor if you constantly lost, if you consistently lose now, you're still bad.

Survivor still is the power-role, you just have to be good at Survivor now

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 3,550

I second that. Against a nurse every blink turns into a mind game. Make her waste more blinks then she lands and eventually your team might pull ahead or she might even brake chase.

I usually double back two times, against most nurses this works surprisingly well. After this I fake it but actually hold W. After this I surprise myself how I react. Some games I totally fall flat with this tactic, others I make the nurse look like a bumbling idiot who is too afraid to look me in the eyes and instead just stares at her feet.