We are aware of a current issue going around affecting most forum users. Affected users received this message upon log in: "You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password."

We are currently investigating this incident.
The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

What would you guys think about having a Legacy Event?

To start off, I love this game. I'm currently approaching 1000 hours played and admire everything about it, even if there are still bugs and issues. I've grinded my ass off to get p3 - all perks on a few of my favorite characters and still enjoy every bit of that hard grind. It honestly feels like I've earned what I've worked for and that feeling is quite rare in today's video games.

I want to talk about legacy, not just the outfits, but how the game was. I started this game in late 2017, and played heavily near mid 2018. I've been looking into the past through Youtube Videos and the game seemed A LOT different back then. Animations were different, Perks were different, even the Atmosphere seemed darker and had a more horror tone.

Granted, the playerbase was a lot newer so even if there were twice as many pallets and survivors had the ability to pallet warp, it would be pretty cool to somehow experience that for people that have gotten into the game recently or may want to revisit what Dead by Daylight was. The game feels like it has grown from a little middle kid to a college student. That's NOT a bad thing, but it just looks like a completely different game.

Would it be possible at all, in the future, to have an event that we are able to play pre-patch 1.3.0 and experience what the past was even if the game wasn't perfect? We could maybe have a possible option to grind out at least 1 full legacy set using the old bloodweb, which would take a REALLY long time from what I've heard. Would there also be a way to integrate it into the main menu to switch between current DBD to Legacy DBD for people that don't want to participate in the event? I feel like this kind of reminds me of Vanilla World of Warcraft in which the way this game is progressing, the old version is basically a game that once existed and will further be distant with time.

Side note: I know they're bringing Classic WoW back, I just wanted to make that a reference since it fits quite well in what I'm trying to get across. Sorry for the wall of text.

Comments

  • HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    As cool and interesting it sounds, I'm 99,9% sure this won't happen 
  • se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,742

    No.

  • PluPlu Member Posts: 1,169

    I've seen stuff about old DBD and i honestly only want one thing back, the lighting, it looked really good to me for some reason, but the rest was pretty terrible, especially animations and sounds.

  • BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,854

    @se05239 said:
    No.

    Console players never got even a chance to earn the Legacy skins. The game didn't exist yet.

  • makaylamakayla Member Posts: 284

    A bad idea for an event, but maybe a good idea for KYF and KYF only.

    Also, legacy is never coming back. Sorry.

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    @Bbbrian2013 said:

    @se05239 said:
    No.

    Console players never got even a chance to earn the Legacy skins. The game didn't exist yet.

    Sure it did. On PC.

  • BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,854
    edited February 13

    @DocOctober said:
    It's funny how many seem to lack any understanding of the word "never".

    Never isn't exactly fair for console players no? At the very least they should do something on consoles where people can earn them since we never got a chance.

    They mean nothing on console because they don't even exist. No one went through the old webs because we weren't around. There is no cross play so saying never is dumb.

  • BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,854

    @DocOctober said:
    Bbbrian2013 said:

    @DocOctober said:

    It's funny how many seem to lack any understanding of the word "never".

    Never isn't exactly fair for console players no? At the very least they should do something on consoles where people can earn them since we never got a chance.

    They mean nothing on console because they don't even exist. No one went through the old webs because we weren't around. There is no cross play so saying never is dumb.

    Just a friendly reminder: if it weren't for the success of DbD on PC in 2016, there would be no console version at all.

    Life isn't fair.

    That's a dumb excuse. If bhvr took the game from you and charged you $1000 to get access back would you give up and say oh well life isn't fair oh gosh golly darn diddly.

    You could say that for anything it isn't an actual reason or argument.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    Honestly, I dont care.
    Cosmetics is not whats gonna save this game for me

  • BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,854

    @Master said:
    Honestly, I dont care.
    Cosmetics is not whats gonna save this game for me

    There is nothing to save. If you don't like the game leave.

  • TheHoodiedOneTheHoodiedOne Member Posts: 7,196

    I would agree on this but, the issue is the skins are bright as hell

  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

    @DocOctober said:
    Bbbrian2013 said:

    @DocOctober said:

    It's funny how many seem to lack any understanding of the word "never".

    Never isn't exactly fair for console players no? At the very least they should do something on consoles where people can earn them since we never got a chance.

    They mean nothing on console because they don't even exist. No one went through the old webs because we weren't around. There is no cross play so saying never is dumb.

    Just a friendly reminder: if it weren't for the success of DbD on PC in 2016, there would be no console version at all.

    Life isn't fair.

    That's a dumb excuse. If bhvr took the game from you and charged you $1000 to get access back would you give up and say oh well life isn't fair oh gosh golly darn diddly.

    You could say that for anything it isn't an actual reason or argument.

    It is a reason because it isn't an unreasonable example such as yours.
  • MarvettMarvett Member Posts: 159
    edited February 13

    People have been asking for legacy to come back for years now.
    for God sake... they're just skins after all.
    If you like to dress up your character, go play Barbie then. >_<

  • LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

    Absolutely not, for the following reasons:
    1. Killer main would try the gamemode for two matches and then stop playing.
    2. Legacy is a reward for those who had to endure the pain that was the grind at the time. I don't have legacy, I play on console, I don't want legacy, those who have it earned it.

  • SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 828

    I don't have Legacy, but I fully support their remaining exclusive to those who ground them at the time. Exclusives should remain that, giving them out after is a slap in the face to those who made the effort at the time.

  • LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

    @Supernaut said:
    I don't have Legacy, but I fully support their remaining exclusive to those who ground them at the time. Exclusives should remain that, giving them out after is a slap in the face to those who made the effort at the time.

    Exactly

  • WateryWatery Member Posts: 951
    I don’t have legacy. I think those who had earned it have the right to keep it as an exclusive item.
  • illiniwacilliniwac Member Posts: 5

    I feel like most of you are just thinking about Legacy Skins. My topic was more on the lines of playing Legacy DBD.

    Here's some youtube videos for reference on how different the game looked

  • Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    If they get the servers I don’t see why they couldn’t have a “older version” type option like many other games offer.
  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited February 14

    No sane Killer player would play Legacy Dead by Daylight with Survivors having today's knowledge of the game.

    • Pretty much every spot that can spawn a Pallet had one.
    • Double Pallets everywhere.
    • Vast amount of unblocked Windows.
    • Infinites on pretty much every Map.
    • Slower Pallet-breaking Time.
    • Insta-Flashlights.
    • Non-Obsession DS can be used instantly.
    • No ability to regress Generators.

    And I probably forgot some other, hideous stuff.

Sign In or Register to comment.