Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

If you don't want people to slug for moris then why change moris when literally no one asked

2»

Comments

• DBD_PinheadDBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

It's funny because the devs have been on a campaign to get rid of moris ever since they removed It's ability to affect the game by adding the third hook state to trigger. It's been just a cinematic for a while now with no real bearing on the game unless it was tied to the perks or addons. Those will be the next to go since perks are getting nerfed too. So they're giving killers a non existent bone by making Cypress Mori basekit while survs get...infinite resurrection at this point. Slugging was a tool to apply pressure and since survs can't handle it, killers suffer again.

This is what will kill that side of the game or promote even more tunneling and camping to ensure a kill/apply pressure since winning chases apparently won't cut it in the devs eyes.

• FilthyLegionMainFilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

I personally feel like if they are going to change the mori system. It should be somewhere near end game but the whole reason for this is to end the boring sort of slugging. I fear this is a situation done unto by the community itself and this is a case of "this is why we can't have nice things". At this point, I can't really care about having unbreakable basekit on the killer side anymore since we're already doing ourselves dirty enough as is with this being the playstyles we have to use and deal with on both ends. We'll see how this ends up being tomorrow. Hopefully it ends up actually being good for the game because 45 seconds is a pretty lengthy amount of time STILL to be on the floor. It might just be that sweet spot to not make things too boring for survivors but also be long enough to buy time for those who slug strategically.

• GrimoireWeissGrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,412
    edited September 26

They announced they were going to rework Moris a year ago. While I agree there are more pressing issues with the game it's still a good QoL that they are going to remove slugging survivors for 4 minutes. I'd actually say QoL changes produce a more positive impact on the game than pure balance changes. I'd rather play a fun but unbalanced game than a balanced but unfun one.

• Rogue11Rogue11 Member Posts: 867

I wouldn't say killer or survivor sided yet. Just overwhelmingly dull. They keep making changes that are essentially putting guard rails on matches, to the point they will all play out in very similar ways.

For a game with ONE game mode...

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 7,089

I really think this PTB is going to be a crazy surprise for a lot of people when they see the reality of how things are going to progress.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,902

One thing we need to keep in mind

It's their game

Many people seem to be under the impression that cause they bought the game the devs owe them.

They don't. All you did was buy permission to use the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

If they want to put a mori finisher in their game then they can do just that and it doesn't actually matter who of us asked.

They listen to feedback cause they want their game to be good but in the end it's their vision that counts.

You can talk about the balance implications, how you feel about it, what things might have been more urgent and any other problems that might or might not be there

But to think they need to ask permission to change something in their game is just arrogant

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 3,215

The Mori change sounds worse every single time I hear about it. There's no real reason; the idea of it being somehow used negatively is sonething I cannot recall anyone having an issue; and the original, genuine issue of it being used to kill someone after just one hook was dealt with and changed to the fair and existing method.

By altering it, it now potentially will bring in a score of new problems; ruin 2 unique perks; solve absolutely nothing and could even make them boring. It's a really bizarre change that was never needed, asked for or even serves any purpose.

• My_AespaMy_Aespa Member Posts: 545

Moris weren't that common anyway but once in a while I would see complaints about them, which have been happening since forever but the complaints weren't that common like I said. Slugging, I've seen about 4x more complaints about, how it wasn't fun or it was a brainless strategy. As a survivor main, I have to say it never happened that much to me in my games, moris or slugging, so I never had a problem with either of them. So idk how this patch will affect me once it comes out tbh.

• Tunnel the first survivor relentlessly to death (at most 3 hooks). Camp or proxy camp the second person (4th hook). Down the third on their way to the save. If the fourth also shows up (cough soloq cough) down them too. The game is over at 4 hooks with a finisher mori.

This is the new meta way to play killer.

Also, the finisher mori includes "escaped" survivors. So even in a bad game, that trio of survivors healing at the exit gate can still die. Two walk out the door and you hit the injured guy pointing at the exit gate? He doesn't get to crawl or even fall out the exit, he gets mori'd and dies.

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,172

So you explicitly mean mori finishers in end game? Then it depends on the implementation, which we don't know yet. If its implemented to trigger as soon as all the remaining players are hooked / downed, then it would also trigger when you slug someone and chase the last out.

It it triggers explicitly when the last standing is downed, then that won't work, sure. We have to see. And even if it's the latter, it still could be changed to the former.

All I'm saying is, it's way to soon to claim that finisher moris will only be possible with 4Ks, we don't know yet. And even if thats the case, many games result into a 4k. So whats even the deal with it? If it's about that your new mori offering might be wasted, yeah that might happen, but thats and issue with the (lackluster) mori offerings, not with the concept of the finisher mori.

Or is it bc of the claim that we will see more moris? That absolutely will be the case! How often do you face a mori offering nowadays? Maybe one every ten games (atleast in my MMR). With the mori rework, there's the possibilty for a mori animation with every game. And it's nearly guaranteed for all the 4k games. If I had to guess, I would say we will see a mori at least every two games, possible even more often.

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,172

Yes, the new mori offerings are a gamble (and a bad one, I'd say). I would like them to do something different myself. But thats not set in stone, the PTB is coming for the community to test this out as well.

• JagoJago Member Posts: 1,726

Yep... We ll see how it goes ! A little bit of chaos is good sometimes