Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
My Rework to The Legion
In the past I’ve given Legion a lot of [BAD WORD] for being fundamentally broken but yet it also doesn’t really provide much insight on how to actually make legion fun for both sides and fix their fundamental issues. Nowadays I think that the power is an interesting concept that is simply flawed so with this rework I want to explain exactly what I would do to make The Legion better and healthier for the game.
Note : If you see * in the post, this means this part of the post has been updated, updates to the post will be listed at the bottom.
The first thing I want to point out before getting into the details for the sake of shortening the new power description is the following ;
- Deep wounds will now be separate from healthy & injured state but instead an overlay like Freddy, Doctor and Pig. The function is the same but it no longer specifically means “injured”
- The timer does not tick within 20* meters of The Legion
- You can no longer decrease the timer by spam stabbing a survivor.
- The power no longer depletes by regularly hitting a survivor.
With that being said, now it’s time for the rework.
Power - Feral Frenzy
Feral Frenzy comes with 3 modes :
Legion starts off in the normal state where they move at 115% movement speed (4.6 m/s) with a 32 meter terror radius.
Pressing ctrl will activate their stalk, by doing so the following occurs ;
- The killer now moves at 110% speed (4.4 m/s)*
- The killer hunches over with a tremendously decreased terror radius (8 meters)*
- The killer cannot directly attack or interact with anything aside from vaulting windows and opening lockers.
- Holding M2 down in this mode allows you to stalk. 1 second of stalking = 3.5 seconds of duration up to a maximum of 14 seconds.
Once fully charged Legion can now directly go into ambush mode from stalk or normal mode, when in use Feral Frenzy will do the following ;
- Your terror radius is increased to 40 meters
- Your movement speed is increased to 132% (5.28 m/s)
- The Frenzy lasts for 14 seconds but can be refilled upon hitting a fresh survivor
- You cannot hit an already deep wounded survivor
- Each time you hit a fresh survivor your frenzy speed is increased (+5%) while your duration is decreased (-2 seconds).
- You can pull people off of generators, lockers and totems while in your frenzy.
- You go into a quick fatigue when you end your power
- Any power kept at the end of your Frenzy will stay and you only need to fill the rest of your power gauge.
The following occurs to survivors inflicted with deep wounds ;
- The status effect becomes something like madness and dream state where it’s an overlay, not a health state.
- The bar will go down over the course of 20 seconds for as long as you’re not within 20* meters of the killer.
- The more you bar drops, the darker your screen gets, if the timer goes out you will be downed.
- The mending process will take 20 seconds and your bar will still go down while mending but you will not drop unless you stop the action yourself.
- Reveals other survivors within your terror radius that are not inflicted with deep wounds*
So why so much? This in my opinion fixes the fundamental issues with legion while keeping the concept very much the same as a killer intended to stall the game out with deep wounds while also not simply obtaining “free hits” or causing an easily abusable chase mechanic. Now that we have separated legion’s power from being able to injure people or down them by simply spamming it we are now free to allow them to go faster or even allow for 115% movement speed and may now even properly apply their deep wounds with real pressure and faster the more they actually do so while also not totally making them vulnerable to loops or denying survivors every last mechanic.
Here is the math for how each stage of the frenzy would work ;
- 0 survivors hit = 14 second duration x 5.28 m/s movement speed, this means the legion can move up to 73.92 meters without getting fatigued, but in theory this should usually be the fastest hit anyways.
- 1 survivor hit = 12 second duration x 5.48 m/s movement speed, this means the legion can move up to 65.76 meters.
- 2 survivors hit = 10 second duration x 5.68 m/s movement speed, this means the legion can move up to 56.8 meters.
- 3 survivors hit = 8 second duration x 5.88 m/s movement speed, this means the legion can move up to 47.08 meters.
- 4 survivors hit = 6 second duration x 6.08 m/s movement speed, this means the legion can move a final distance of 36.48 meters.
This will allow legion to properly go around the map and inflict deep wounds as needed, because the timer goes down faster the more survivors you hit it becomes harder to perfectly save your duration if you suddenly stopped it and will encourage smarter use of the power itself. Now, this rework means that some addons just simply need to go (be reworked), so how can we do that exactly? Simple! The following below are all the new ideas behind a total overhaul of nearly all of the addons legion has! This rework also means that each legion member’s addon would become a very rare respectively with a special addition.
Smiley Face Pin (Common);
- You can no longer see the scratchmarks of deep wounded survivors.
- Gain 500 deviousness points each time you hit a deep wounded survivor with a basic attack.
Scratched Ruler (Common);
- Slightly decreases stalk time. (3.5 seconds instead of 4)
Mischief List (Common);
- Your terror radius is suppressed for deep wounded survivors.
Friendship Bracelet (Common);
- Your terror radius is expanded by an additional 10 meters when you enter the frenzy.
Never-Sleep Pills (Uncommon);
- Gives you a slight speed boost for 0.5 seconds after your fatigue.
Mural Sketch (Uncommon);
- Moderately increases duration of each frenzy stage by 0.5 seconds)
Nasty Blade (Uncommon);
- Moderately increases the time it takes to mend. (+3 seconds)
Etched Ruler (Uncommon);
- Moderately decreases stalk time. (3 seconds instead of 4)
Defaced Smiley Pin (Uncommon);
- Moderately increases overall Feral Frenzy movement speed. (+2%)
The Legion Pin (Rare);
- Considerably increases overall Feral Frenzy movement speed. (+3%)
Stab Wound Studies (Rare);
- Considerably decreases deep wound timer for inflicted survivors.
Stolen Sketch Book (Rare);
- Moderately decreases duration burn while in the Frenzy. (1.5 seconds of duration is lost instead of 2)
Filthy Blade (Rare);
- Considerably increases the time it takes to mend. (+7 seconds)
Cold Dirt (Rare);
- Moderately decreases fatigue time and slightly decreases stacked speed boost. (+3% instead of +5%)
Frank’s Mix Tape (Very Rare);
- Your fatigue no longer makes any sound and you no longer have a stain while in the frenzy.
Each time a fresh survivor is hit while in the Feral Frenzy the following occurs ;
- Your terror radius is decreased by 20 meters
- When coming out of the Frenzy you retain your terror radius and stain changes for an additional 8 seconds.
Joey’s Mix Tape (Very Rare);
- You now have collision when coming out of Feral Frenzy.
Susie’s Mix Tape (Very Rare);
- When chaining hits with the Feral Frenzy, your duration burn is tremendously decreased. (1 second of duration is lost instead of 2)
- You retain part of your speed boost in a final sprint after your fatigue (1 second of speed boost)
Julie’s Mix Tape (Very Rare) ;
- Time required to mend tremendously increases for the first survivor hit. (30 seconds)
- Each survivor afterwords has their mind time cut by 5 seconds (25 > 20 > 15)
- Tremendously decreases the amount of time to stalk a survivor. (2 seconds instead of 4).
Iridescent Button (Ultra Rare);
- Your terror radius fills the entire map and pallets are broken when you vault them during the feral frenzy after you inflict them with deep wounds.
With the rework, the addon may stay the same because it would now be viable.
Fuming Mix Tape (Ultra Rare);
- Intensity of the aura’s on the generators grows the more the progress is made to a generator.
In general though, this is my rework for The Legion which comes with a big overhaul to the perks and the addons. It isn't perfect but with this suggestion I hope to fix many of the balancing issues the current version of Legion suffers from and most of the unfun aspects that survivors have to deal with at the same time.
Movement Speed : 115% (4.6 m/s)
Terror Radius : 32
Power : Feral Frenzy
The Legion has a power gauge that can be built up by briefly stalking a survivor.
Whilst in stalk mode your movement speed is slightly decreased but tremendously decreases your terror radius. The stalk requires 4 seconds to fully charge your power gauge.
When your gauge is full you may activate your power in any mode and upon activation the legion enters a deadly rage. While the power is active:
- The legion sprints at 5.28 m/s for 14 seconds.
- The legion can vault pallets and windows.
- Missed attacks have a reduced cool-down.
- Expands your terror radius to 40 meters.
While Feral Frenzy is active, hitting a fresh survivor does the following:
- Inflicts them with deep wounds but does not boost them.
- Activates killer instinct which allows you to see other survivors in your terror radius.
- Refills power gauge.
- Each hit that inflicts deep wounds increases your Feral Frenzy movement speed by 5% and decreases your duration by 2 seconds.
Ending your power does the following;
- Puts you into a brief fatigue for 1.5 seconds.
- Resets changes to your speed and duration.
- Ending your power early allows you to retain roughly the same amount of use in your gauge to allow for quicker stalking.
Survivors must mend themselves or they will go down.
- Increased the range of which the deep wounds timer does not drop from 16 meters to 20 meters.
- Clarified that legion still has tracking capability when the power is used.
- Moved new deep wound system introduced with the frank's mixtape addon to Julie's mixtape to make it more worthwhile.
- Cleaned up the addon section a bit!
- Adjusted Legion's stalk mechanic, the legion now hunches over and moves at 110% while in the stalk mode instead of 105% with a tremendously decreased terror radius while active (8 meters)
- Cleaned up the post overall to make it easier to read.
- Added a description of how the power would look ingame.