We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

why the **** do I lose my offering when a killer decides to DC?

2»

Comments

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@wouldntyouliketoknow said:

@fluffybunny said:
    I saw somewhere else someone suggest people being kicked back to lobby if there's any DC at the start. I agree that it stinks when you lose your offerings to a DC. I think killers should keep their stuff, too, if there's a DC as their things aren't being used as intended. If they don't just kick you back to lobby.

The more I think about it the more problems I'm running into though. Because my idea about the killer getting to keep their stuff if a survivor DC's wouldn't work if everyone had to leave a game. If everyone had to leave a game, wouldn't it be fair if survivors got to keep their stuff as well? Would it only be survivors who aren't in the same SWFs group? Who would get to keep their bloodpoints?

If everyone DCed (no one could connect at the start), everyone would keep their things. I honestly don't know why survivors keep their items when they DC. Is it in case the DC was because of the game or the server they're connected to? Anyway, survivors would keep their items and offerings if the killer DCs and killers keeps it if anyone DCs since the killer may not be able to use his add-ons or offerings to the full potential of their ability and it'd be less of a punishment (to the killer) if a survivor were to DC when seeing strong offerings or add-ons. It could be anywhere from two to four of them as I think it still can be used as intended with three people, but it could also include any DC. Therefore if everyone DCed, everyone keeps their things.

• TrAiNwReCkTrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

@Master said:

@e8Lattice said:
    Even when you use something as harmless as "Greatly Thicken Dark Mist" - Killer disconnects, lose purple mist darkener -.-

If killer disconnects you should retain your offerings. Simple as that.

100000% agree with you, and if a survivor disconnects I wouldn't mind if a killer gets to keep his offering as well... only if survivors get to keep theirs if a killer DC's.

Sick of this bunk.

You forget that if the killer DCs, the survivor keeps his items and only loses his offerings.
    However the killer will not only lose the offering, he will also lose his addons

Truth! Survivors think losing an offering on a killer DC is bad. If all 4 survivors decided to DC the killer basically loses (wasted) the offing and add-ons.

• any devs care to comment on the subject?

• Just got out of a game that I didn't give any offerings but another guy used a birthday cake before killer DC'd. Not saying it was intentional but that guy still lost cake. Just updating since I still think "WHY THE **** DO I LOSE MY OFFERINGS STILL?" is a valid question that has yet to be answered.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@TrAiNwReCk said:

@Master said:

@e8Lattice said:
    Even when you use something as harmless as "Greatly Thicken Dark Mist" - Killer disconnects, lose purple mist darkener -.-

If killer disconnects you should retain your offerings. Simple as that.

100000% agree with you, and if a survivor disconnects I wouldn't mind if a killer gets to keep his offering as well... only if survivors get to keep theirs if a killer DC's.

Sick of this bunk.

You forget that if the killer DCs, the survivor keeps his items and only loses his offerings.
    However the killer will not only lose the offering, he will also lose his addons

Truth! Survivors think losing an offering on a killer DC is bad. If all 4 survivors decided to DC the killer basically loses (wasted) the offing and add-ons.

And the survivors get 5k each, the killer only 2,5k

• EbisekEbisek Member Posts: 21

@Master said:

I'm 100% done with this happening. Can someone tell me the best way to get heard on this issue? Because it has GOT TO GO.

The biggest hope we have is that DCing will finally be punished when dedicated servers arrive

Every DC have a reason.

• wouldntyouliketoknowwouldntyouliketoknow Member Posts: 58
    edited February 21

@Ebisek said:

@Master said:

I'm 100% done with this happening. Can someone tell me the best way to get heard on this issue? Because it has GOT TO GO.

The biggest hope we have is that DCing will finally be punished when dedicated servers arrive

Every DC have a reason.

Whatever the reason, I just don't want to lose my stuff when someone DC's. Let me feel like nothing happened at all. ):

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Ebisek said:

@Master said:

Every DC have a reason.

But 90% of dc's are because of salt.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Ebisek said:

@Master said:

Every DC have a reason.

Every murder has a reason, still its punished