Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

A discussion about D-Strike - Do you like the change?

SeanzuSeanzu Member Posts: 7,117

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/decisive-strike-upcoming-changes#latest

Here's the blogpost - you can't comment on it so I thought I'd shoot it on over here.

What are your thoughts? I honestly like it and it's more of an anti-tunnel perk now which is what I think most people wanted it to to be.

and for those of you who said it wouldn't happen I'm more interested in your thoughts on it.

Comments

• Nova_TerraNova_Terra Member Posts: 123

I like it in theory, but it just sucks when you have to burn a perk slot to counter bad game design (no tunnel protection). And afterwords, how many people get away after using DS? It's just meh to me.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    This is exactly what I wanted for it. You have to earn it/ do something to be able to use it. Now it has more options for counter play and it can help get the killer off your back after being farmed by your teammate. Something I was looking for, I like it :)
  • Kamikaze_RoseKamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247
    edited February 2019

So it's basically the same old perk for end-game hook rushing? :(

• ChiChi Member Posts: 774

It is a pretty ######### change I would say.

• SeanzuSeanzu Member Posts: 7,117

@scorpio said:
    I like everything except the obsession changing because for something like Dying Light if you already killed the obsession, are they alive now? I don’t understand how that will work. 

Maybe we could tag @not_Queen & @Patricia_BHVR & @McLean to see if they can clarify on if it changes or not.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,504
    Fine by me, but nothing really changed as some killers will prefer to get rid of it early especially if you still close to a hook. Best hope your not sandbagged.
  • cetruzzocetruzzo Member Posts: 323

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

I think the killer can leave the person on the ground for a minute and then pick him up

• LiunUKLiunUK Member Posts: 908

i think we are going to see more ds users now and slugging might see a big come back

• scorpioscorpio Member Posts: 324
    edited February 2019

Yeah I would really like to hear their answers to that. I hope if an obsession was already killed in the game then there will be no obsession switch. That’s the only fair thing I can think of and I hope that’s how it will work. I also wish being the obsession had an inherent down side, whether killer had an obsession perk or not. Without one, being the obsession means nothing. It would be better if being the obsession was something you wanted to avoid no matter what.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

I love it.

It is basically an anti tunnel perk. They didn't kill the perk but it is not as powerful as it used to be.

That is one of the best changes that they could come up with.

I wonder when this will happen.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@LiunUK said:
    i think we are going to see more ds users now and slugging might see a big come back

also unbreakable is gonna get some popularity again

Perhaps enduring will also become even MORE popular now too 
  • Kamikaze_RoseKamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247

@DemonDaddy said:
    Fine by me, but nothing really changed as some killers will prefer to get rid of it early especially if you still close to a hook. Best hope your not sandbagged.

@cetruzzo said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

I think the killer can leave the person on the ground for a minute and then pick him up

Survivors will just swarm in and complete the healing and then body block all the way out of the gate. Feelsbadman

• xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 917
    As survivor i like it. Maybe the tunneling can finally stop.
    As killer i like it a lot because i never tunnel someone and this for me means: no more ds during my matches.
    THANKS DEVS <3
  • artistartist Member Posts: 1,517
    great. now if you actually do manage to get your ds off, it does what level 1 ds used to do. and if anyone has had enduring when getting hit with lvl 1 ds, they know survivors get absolutely no where. and it only activates after getting unhooked, so something ds countered and why I supported leaving ds as it was (moris) completely eliminates ds from even having a chance at being used. I would honestly have no problem with this if moris got fixed as well, but hey lets keep the streak of hand holding with the killers going y not.
  • LiunUKLiunUK Member Posts: 908

@Lithuanian said:

@LiunUK said:

also unbreakable is gonna get some popularity again

ds, unbreakable, self-care and sprint burst. new meta

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 1,690

I like the idea of obsession changing but what's the point if the only obsession perk in the game is DS? This would discourage chasing someone if you had STBFL after they DS you but this is also going to make the obsession perks for survivor harder to use which I'm fine with tbh.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,181

Loving iiiiit. Toxic survivors can't be toxic anymore and tunneling killers are gonna have a harder time :3

Hahaha... No. Killers will now just slug whoever gets unhooked and then go for the survivor who unhooked.
  • WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 1,067

Yes, very much!
    Few questions @not_Queen :
    1. If the timer runs out after the first unhook (without using it), will the perk become active again after the second unhook? Or is it only active for the first unhook of the match?
    2. If it is active for every unhook, can you still save it up by ignoring the skillcheck? And use it later after the second unhook?

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I like it as well. Dynamically changing the Obsession is something really interesting. Maybe we will see more about it in the future, which is exciting. If the Obsession changes midway through the match, that might mean we will be getting reworked Obsession perks (as said by Scorpio, Dying Light is an interesting case if this happens), which I am definitely up for.

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,050

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    This is exactly what I wanted for it. You have to earn it/ do something to be able to use it. Now it has more options for counter play and it can help get the killer off your back after being farmed by your teammate. Something I was looking for, I like it :)

I would argue it's nothing that you have to earn and more of a situational anti-tunnel perk. Very similar like Unbreakable is a one-time-counter to slugging.

@scorpio said:
    I like everything except the obsession changing because for something like Dying Light if you already killed the obsession, are they alive now? I don’t understand how that will work. 

That's a good question. I don't mind the obsession changing. But currently it would make it a big DL counter as well, if that the case. On the other hand I'm not a big fan of DL in the fist place. It's not op or anything like that. It's just a bad perk which encourages a one sides play and not a variety of options for a killer.

• scorpioscorpio Member Posts: 324
    edited February 2019

@legionnbuff said:
    Dying light would be more powerful

Maybe, or broken depending on what happens if you kill the obsession before the DS user becomes the new obsession. If there is no obsession switch once first obsession is killed, cool and might be a buff. But if it switches and DL turns off until you kill that one too, then that’s a major nerf.

• DexyIVDexyIV Member Posts: 511

Amazing. This perk really needed this change, and this is a take on it I didn't expect. I don't want this to change at all.

This discussion has been closed.