Home Discussions General Discussions

A discussion about D-Strike - Do you like the change?

245678

Comments

  • DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,486
    @Kamikaze_Rose
    What brain dead killer is letting survivors heal a teammate and not punishing them. I didn't even consider the slug tactic for it. Doubt it would be often but anybody running mad grit will be having a laugh. I still think the change is good as its not all powerful and killer has the potential to work around it.
  • Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

    End game or open gates hooks will be free escapes always now. No one is going to use DS after their first hook.

  • DustinDustin Member Posts: 630
    edited February 2019

    @Condorloco_26 said:
    End game or open gates hooks will be free escapes always now. No one is going to use DS after their first hook.

    I thought DS expired after 60 seconds or did I misread. It won't be available after first hook?

    edit - ohh. It's per unhook so there's two opportunities to use it.

  • 北欧人北欧人 Member Posts: 40

    Yes. I agree DS should be tweaked.

    No, I don't agree it's a priority based on the other things broken in this game.

    No, I don't agree with this change. They turned a top perk into a trash perk. If that was the goal, then good job.

    Other than this I won't waste my time discussing on what they should do, I'm not paid for that. It's their job to design the game. If they want to keep doing this kinda of game design approach, let them. Fortunately, there are other games in the market.

    I'm out of patience for the weak design decisions they keep throwing.

  • Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

    @Dustin said:

    I thought DS expired after 60 seconds or did I misread. It won't be available after first hook?

    It doesn't say it expires after 60 seconds of your first hook. I think they must clarify this

  • MantaManta Member Posts: 117
    Well I think the key thing is the 60 second timer. It's definitely going to mean a lot of survivors won't run this now, as there's a huge possibility the perk will not be used at all in a match. 

    Is it better like this, and more survivors switching to something else like Adrenaline, Self care, sprint burst? Or to increase the timer slightly to keep survivors using the new nerfed DS.

    I don't have the answer, but a gameplay impact that needs to be considered. 
  • SelSel Member Posts: 74
    More survivor nerfs, imagine my shock. Just going to result in slugging. Nice enough for killer I suppose, if the person hasn't dced upon being hit once. Much more important things that need to be fixed than DS imo, just appeasing the complainers, DS isn't.. Or rather wasn't that hard to come back from anyway.
  • sliptteesslipttees Member Posts: 550

    Survivor ever f*cked! And fixed bugs BHVR??

  • hoshiiehoshiie Member Posts: 2
    Makes the perk useless.
  • scorpioscorpio Member Posts: 277

    @Condorloco_26 said:
    End game or open gates hooks will be free escapes always now. No one is going to use DS after their first hook.

    Good point, can it still be saved?

  • DustinDustin Member Posts: 630

    @Condorloco_26 said:

    @Dustin said:

    I thought DS expired after 60 seconds or did I misread. It won't be available after first hook?

    It doesn't say it expires after 60 seconds of your first hook. I think they must clarify this

    Yeah that's my mistake I misread it. The perk only becomes active for 60 seconds after being unhooked and during the active time you can activate it and then the one time use is over.

    Does the timer pause while being picked up though because I can see some unfortunate circumstances where it expires mid ds.

  • Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

    @Peanits Will the perk be still active for a second unhook if it's not used on the first one?

  • Scgamecock86Scgamecock86 Member Posts: 447
    I like it, I really like the obsession change mid match, Remember me, dying light, rancor etc would be interesting 
  • ItsJoel13ItsJoel13 Member Posts: 6

    @Digwiid said:
    AHEM Thank you everyone for joining us on this fine day, I would like to raise a toast.
    I Spit and dab on DS's grave and and make sure to be as obnoxious as possible during it's ceremonial burying.
    They even shaved an extra second off the Rank 3 version, GOD BLESS

    Uses Enduring
    Hit or miss I bet they never miss huh?
    DS... Ineffective

  • ItsJoel13ItsJoel13 Member Posts: 6

    @北欧人 said:
    Yes. I agree DS should be tweaked.

    No, I don't agree it's a priority based on the other things broken in this game.

    No, I don't agree with this change. They turned a top perk into a trash perk. If that was the goal, then good job.

    Other than this I won't waste my time discussing on what they should do, I'm not paid for that. It's their job to design the game. If they want to keep doing this kinda of game design approach, let them. Fortunately, there are other games in the market.

    I'm out of patience for the weak design decisions they keep throwing.

    LOL!!! Not weak it's a fair perk. People that use the perk aren't good enough to play at their ranks if they need it obviously. Stops tunnelling now so it's a win win. Can still be used and should only be used against toxic salty killers. Yes can still be countered by Mori's but it's not that bad

  • CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 3,827
    slipttees said:

    Survivor ever f*cked! And fixed bugs BHVR??

    Survivors are fine. I've escaped MANY games with no one using DS. 

    Try it sometime. It's fun. 
  • White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,225
    edited February 2019

    I think it's a very smart change. They turned a perk used (mostly) by toxic survivors to a perk useful against being tunneled/farmed. Plus it's not a counter to moris anymore, so it's even a buff to Dying Light.

  • Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

    @Dustin said:

    Yeah that's my mistake I misread it. The perk only becomes active for 60 seconds after being unhooked and during the active time you can activate it and then the one time use is over.

    Does the timer pause while being picked up though because I can see some unfortunate circumstances where it expires mid ds.

    I'm asking, they should clarify. Yours is also a good question.

  • hoshiiehoshiie Member Posts: 2
    People are just gonna get slugged this change is actually useless. They can also get mori'd. This is a really bad rework i might even quit playing survivor altogether since it seems devs only want to make the game enjoyable to main killers. Just great.
  • ThemusebattleThemusebattle Member Posts: 1

    I think the change is brilliant. It promotes counter play on both sides, and changes obsession perks dynamically through the match. It shouldn't be a get out of jail free card with no effort or downsides on the survivors' end. Plus, it punishes tunnelling which is always nice.

    My gripe is with how the obsession mechanic would work if the obsession's already dead and something like dying light is active: would the dead obsession be replaced with the latest survivor to use decisive strike?

    To those of you complaining about this incentivising slugging, ask yourselves: do you really think a killer's gonna sit there and slug you, and wait for the timer to end after 60 seconds? That's 60 seconds of not doing anything, and if the killer does slug you and leave you've always got the option to crawl to safety and get healed. Plus, you're not gonna be dribbled as it activates during the pick-up animation.

  • Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,069

    The perk is now less annoying, so that's good.

    At least we got something.

  • PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 5,699
    Dustin said:

    @Condorloco_26 said:

    @Dustin said:

    I thought DS expired after 60 seconds or did I misread. It won't be available after first hook?

    It doesn't say it expires after 60 seconds of your first hook. I think they must clarify this

    Yeah that's my mistake I misread it. The perk only becomes active for 60 seconds after being unhooked and during the active time you can activate it and then the one time use is over.

    Does the timer pause while being picked up though because I can see some unfortunate circumstances where it expires mid ds.

    The skill check appears immediately as the killer starts to pick you up, so it can't expire as you're being picked up. It works either be expired before they grab you or not.
  • Meliscool123Meliscool123 Member Posts: 1

    If "Decisive Strike" gets a nerf. "No One Escape Death" should too.
    That my honest opinion.

  • DustinDustin Member Posts: 630

    @Peanits said:

    The skill check appears immediately as the killer starts to pick you up, so it can't expire as you're being picked up. It works either be expired before they grab you or not.

    That's pretty cool so I don't even need to be on the shoulder yet. So killer can't immediately pick someone up by hook and spam the hook button to ignore ds. Guess that really does get rid of dribbling too.

  • HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 793

    @scorpio said:
    I like everything except the obsession changing because for something like Dying Light if you already killed the obsession, are they alive now? I don’t understand how that will work. 

    Yeah, this is my only worry. It would be a bit unpleasant if DL just suddenly became useless after someone hit you. You'd essentially have to tunnel everyone in a row to have it have anything but a negative effect, and what's the point then?

    Very good change, just an unfortunate interaction with another perk if that's not locked down.

  • Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

    What's with all these new accounts created to comment on this topic?

  • HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

    I actually feel good about using it now, I don't have to feel like an [BAD WORD] but instead defend myself from [BAD WORD] players which is a real problem. Anyone know when this happens?

  • The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019

    Well well well.....

    I have mixed thoughts. I've thought about it and to be fair It has its pros and cons.

    This is how I view it from a killers perspective...

    + No longer can the killer get shafted on the first hook. This was vital as the first hook is the most important for the killer.

    + No more being afraid to carry a survivor to the basement.

    + Max stun time is down to 3 seconds

    - It can't be dribbled anymore and the skill check area is larger. It's almost guaranteed to happen now if the requirements are met. So you potentially have 4 instant decisive strikes waiting to happen. This can be a problem if you wish to punish an altruistic team who are rushing unhooks to try and eat into the killers momentum. It also guarantees an escape out of the basement.

    - If someone is unhooked next to the exit gates and you down them, you can't pick them up for 60 seconds. They are guaranteed a free escape which was the main problem with DS before. Theoretically this could also be done with Deliverance and the hatch, though that would require specific timing (unhooking as the second to last survivor is put on death hook, meaning if you find the hatch before 60 seconds the killer can't do anything). The deliverance situation is going to be very niche though so likely not an issue, however the unhook near exit gates could still be very problematic.

    - Dying Light is exploitable now. You can 2 hook someone, someone else pulls off a DS and becomes the obsession and suddenly you're starting from scratch. (More on this below)

    Now to view it from a survivors perspective.

    + Finally we have an answer to tunneling/camping. If the killer circles the hook to tunnel you can easily get a free escape

    + Dying Light is nerfed. Lets be honest it's a [BAD WORD], toxic perk. Now if you get tunnel there is a chance someone else could become the obsession and the killer might switch focus.

    I think overall I would be for these changes IF it couldn't be activated when the exits were open. It once again has the potential to be a free escape. Rancor may help with the obsession but if the person hasn't used DS yet then they won't be the obsession so you won't be able to kill them. On top of that I feel like 60 seconds is overkill. If the killer is going to tunnel they're going to do it long before that. I feel like 20/30/40 seconds would be better. That way it still counters tunneling but doesn't punish the killer for as long. Killers normally tunnel and hit the survivor within 20 seconds or so, depending on how far they were from the hook in the first place.

    Overrall though I'm very eager to try it out. What we had before was a nightmare so lets see how this goes. I have to admit, survivors needed some tunnel protection. We will see if this is overkill or not though.

    Some questions for the developers...

    1) Does Enduring still shorten the stun duration?

    2) How does this affect Rancor? say I use Rancor to kill the obsession, then someone pulls DS on me after, can I down them and kill them too now that they're the new obsession? or is Rancor a 1 time use?

Sign In or Register to comment.