Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

We Are (Actually) Legion (Legion Overhaul)

Comments

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,548

@Mr_Black said:

You need to accept criticism... If anything, Legion will get a tad nerf... Legion does not need fast base speed as his feral frenzy gets him to run at more than 4.6m/s... No need to increase their walking speed... And what you suggested was insane as that'd make Legion pretty OP... And his one counter play is gen rushing... This idea would make it impossible to counter him...
    By your profile pic, I assume you are a Legion main and highly biassed towards him... Legion is the ultimate chaser... He needs no buff...

First and foremost I am a player of Dead by Daylight, then I am a Trapper main. I accept criticism but what you suggest is the same thing that neuters a great killer like Freddy. You're problem is you don't see the small details in the big picture.

I am aiming to make a killer I like playing be more fair and more interesting then what we have now, because people like you do not know what is fun or enjoyable. I am biased I will admit, but not as biased to not know what isn't fun.

The Legion would certainly would have more counters then the Nurse (whom is easy to counter, just figure out how that specific Nurse plays). The Legion wouldn't be "pretty OP", they would suffer the same thing as any other killer. Each Legion member would have their strength and weakness.

Muse on that before submitting a response, I enjoy feedback but what you suggested wasn't feedback. It was a poisoned dish of food (I'm hungry, so don't mind that).

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 2,334

@Mr_Black said:
    Legion is fine how he is... He just needs a slight nerf to his feral frenzy... And maybe make him more realistic...
    E.g.
    Walk Speed: 4.0 m/s
    Feral Frenzy Speed: 5.2 m/s
    Height: Average
    Terror Radius: 28

That'll just make a [BAD WORD] killer even more [BAD WORD] without addressing any of the issues people have with him.

• Mr_BlackMr_Black Member Posts: 93

@Shad03 said:

@Mr_Black said:

You need to accept criticism... If anything, Legion will get a tad nerf... Legion does not need fast base speed as his feral frenzy gets him to run at more than 4.6m/s... No need to increase their walking speed... And what you suggested was insane as that'd make Legion pretty OP... And his one counter play is gen rushing... This idea would make it impossible to counter him...
    By your profile pic, I assume you are a Legion main and highly biassed towards him... Legion is the ultimate chaser... He needs no buff...

First and foremost I am a player of Dead by Daylight, then I am a Trapper main. I accept criticism but what you suggest is the same thing that neuters a great killer like Freddy. You're problem is you don't see the small details in the big picture.

I am aiming to make a killer I like playing be more fair and more interesting then what we have now, because people like you do not know what is fun or enjoyable. I am biased I will admit, but not as biased to not know what isn't fun.

The Legion would certainly would have more counters then the Nurse (whom is easy to counter, just figure out how that specific Nurse plays). The Legion wouldn't be "pretty OP", they would suffer the same thing as any other killer. Each Legion member would have their strength and weakness.

Muse on that before submitting a response, I enjoy feedback but what you suggested wasn't feedback. It was a poisoned dish of food (I'm hungry, so don't mind that).

Legion can vault everything a survivor can, Legion is faster than every other killer when frenzy (this is why I suggested nerfing his base walking speed), Legion inflicts deep wounds and can chase them looking down to make the timer run out... He is an effective chaser and the only way to counter play him is by rushing gens... His addons are super powerful... Facing a Legion, who is buffed in the way you suggested, would cause insta dcs and abolish all fun in the game except the killer's fun... Nurse is fun to play against because of the funny ways to avoid her...

@Mc_Harty said:

@Mr_Black said:
    Legion is fine how he is... He just needs a slight nerf to his feral frenzy... And maybe make him more realistic...
    E.g.

That'll just make a [BAD WORD] killer even more [BAD WORD] without addressing any of the issues people have with him.

Smaller terror radius... Buff
    Slower walk speed... Nerf
    Faster Feral Frenzy speed... Buff
    Since Legion uses Feral Frenzy more because of chases, this would counter the slower walk and make him buffed... The slower walk speed is just so the Legion has to use his Feral Frenzy more often...

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 2,334
    edited February 19

@Mr_Black said:

Legion has a 24 meter terror radius, so not a buff.

Which is a horrible idea and the devs will likely not nerf base movement speed.

Again, horrible idea. You want to make a skill-less power, have less skill to use?

Since Legion uses Feral Frenzy more because of chases, this would counter the slower walk and make him buffed... The slower walk speed is just so the Legion has to use his Feral Frenzy more often...

The whole reason people dislike Legion is because of Feral Frenzy. Rework it.

@Mr_Black said:

@Shad03 said:

@Mr_Black said:

Legion can vault everything a survivor can, Legion is faster than every other killer when frenzy (this is why I suggested nerfing his base walking speed), Legion inflicts deep wounds and can chase them looking down to make the timer run out... He is an effective chaser and the only way to counter play him is by rushing gens... His addons are super powerful... Facing a Legion, who is buffed in the way you suggested, would cause insta dcs and abolish all fun in the game except the killer's fun... Nurse is fun to play against because of the funny ways to avoid her...

Again you're not seeing the details in the picture. If you play as Frank you cannot inflict Deep Wounds, if you play as Julie there is a 75% chance of inflicting Deep Wounds, Susie and Joey are the only ones who can enter Feral Frenzy. I'd STRONGLY suggest you reread my post again. Because the ignorance you express suggests that you haven't read, or you are a biased survivor main. So for your own sake, read again.

Of course ADD ONS WILL CHANGE. A rework is not a rework if you don't also change the add ons. Franks Mix Tape will not be so powerful and the iridescents will have different affects. I just need to figure out how to change them each.

@Mc_Harty said:

@Mr_Black said:

Which is a horrible idea and the devs will likely not nerf base move speed.

Again, horrible idea. You want to make a skill-less power less skilled to use?

Jesus Christ, I might just end up saying git gud or something... The simple solution is to buff him... But the way Shaa dude suggested would be way too complicated and would make people even more angry...

Another suggestion is to get rid of Feral Frenzy and replace it for some sort of tackle or something... It would be a short ranged lunge which, if misses, will cause a 4 second stun... If it hits, it will knock the survivor to the floor and he'll automatically pick them up... However, the struggling survivor will struggle 20% faster...

edited February 19

@Shad03 said:

@Mr_Black said:

@Shad03 said:

@Mr_Black said:

Again you're not seeing the details in the picture. If you play as Frank you cannot inflict Deep Wounds, if you play as Julie there is a 75% chance of inflicting Deep Wounds, Susie and Joey are the only ones who can enter Feral Frenzy. I'd STRONGLY suggest you reread my post again. Because the ignorance you express suggests that you haven't read, or you are a biased survivor main. So for your own sake, read again.

Of course ADD ONS WILL CHANGE. A rework is not a rework if you don't also change the add ons. Franks Mix Tape will not be so powerful and the iridescents will have different affects. I just need to figure out how to change them each.

That will make Legion useless, everyone will just choose Joey or Susie...
    Also, I'm a Doctor main...

@Mr_Black said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Mr_Black said:

Jesus Christ, I might just end up saying git gud or something... The simple solution is to buff him... But the way Shaa dude suggested would be way too complicated and would make people even more angry...

Another suggestion is to get rid of Feral Frenzy and replace it for some sort of tackle or something... It would be a short ranged lunge which, if misses, will cause a 4 second stun... If it hits, it will knock the survivor to the floor and he'll automatically pick them up... However, the struggling survivor will struggle 20% faster...

You've brought nothing but bad ideas and completely missed the point of this entire thing. Yes my idea is complicated I will admit but this is a SUGGESTION, I am not a dev nor anyone important. I merely want to give my own thoughts based on what people have given on this killer.

Tackling actually sounds somewhat decent but there will have to be a cooldown. 4 seconds ain't much in the grand scheme of things and would make the Legion even more brain dead then people claim he is.

@Mr_Black said:

Different strengths my dear acquaintance. Susie is slower then the other Legion members but has a smaller terror radius. She moves at 100% (HEY LOOK! I suggested she moves at the same speed of the survivors before you came). Joey can break pallets but not vault them, and he is slightly slower moving at 114% movement speed.

Again, your ignorance is that of a survivor main. I could never guess you even touched killer based on the trash of suggestions you give.

And I have played Legion and moderately like h> @Shad03 said:

@Mr_Black said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Mr_Black said:

You've brought nothing but bad ideas and completely missed the point of this entire thing. Yes my idea is complicated I will admit but this is a SUGGESTION, I am not a dev nor anyone important. I merely want to give my own thoughts based on what people have given on this killer.

Tackling actually sounds somewhat decent but there will have to be a cooldown. 4 seconds ain't much in the grand scheme of things and would make the Legion even more brain dead then people claim he is.

@Shad03 said:

@Mr_Black said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Mr_Black said:

He's a good killer, he wins in chases, he is nearly determined downs...
    Adding to the tackle, rather than that, he'd have to charge up a tackle lunge... Missing or hitting causes a 4 second stun... The survivor hit will be hindered until they heal... They will also suffer from haemorrphage and mangled... Sound good?
    Honestly, there is little potential for Legion due to there not being much left to work with... He could always have an ability where he pretends to be a survivor and looks like one apart from some key feautures and he has no terror radius...

@Shad03 said:

@Mr_Black said:

Different strengths my dear acquaintance. Susie is slower then the other Legion members but has a smaller terror radius. She moves at 100% (HEY LOOK! I suggested she moves at the same speed of the survivors before you came). Joey can break pallets but not vault them, and he is slightly slower moving at 114% movement speed.

Again, your ignorance is that of a survivor main. I could never guess you even touched killer based on the trash of suggestions you give.

Again, killer main... I just disagree of one killer being multiple killers...

@Mr_Black said:

@Shad03 said:

@Mr_Black said:

Again, killer main... I just disagree of one killer being multiple killers...

Again, would never have guessed. And that is how they were advertised, I wanted to build the Legion based on what the Devs have given us.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 1,603

Hello Shad03, I already proposed this idea on my forum, but I think that they should all have Survivor Status and have their masks off until they enter Feral Frenzy, which would enter a transition into sticking their mask on? They keep the 110% if the survivor deal would work since the trailer portrayed them so, Frank is fast so it would make sense, but they have 0 TR, no lunge, and no indication of being a killer except for the blade and look, they would get a 32 terror radius and have the same appliance of Feral Frenzy with lunge, I have no problem with that but to heal from the mend, you'd need another survivor or Self Care, and the heal would take as long as Self Care would.

@ShrekIsHot said:
    Hello Shad03, I already proposed this idea on my forum, but I think that they should all have Survivor Status and have their masks off until they enter Feral Frenzy, which would enter a transition into sticking their mask on? They keep the 110% if the survivor deal would work since the trailer portrayed them so, Frank is fast so it would make sense, but they have 0 TR, no lunge, and no indication of being a killer except for the blade and look, they would get a 32 terror radius and have the same appliance of Feral Frenzy with lunge, I have no problem with that but to heal from the mend, you'd need another survivor or Self Care, and the heal would take as long as Self Care would.

An interesting idea, however if implemented then I doubt it would have a good standing. Survivors would riot because of that mend you suggested. While I certainly would love to take the salt, as a player I don't think this would be a good idea. However I enjoy the idea you placed.

Added a change to the Ultra Rares and will be adding in the individual mix tape changes soon. Tell me what you all think.

• FayeZaharaFayeZahara Member Posts: 963
    I like this idea and maybe make unique survivor animation they do as they wait. Like susie is practicing her stabs and laughing. Joe is cleaning his knife with finger. Julie is crouched carving a heart at floor. Frank is just spinning knife crouched.
  • LegitAdventurerLegitAdventurer Member Posts: 456
    Although I wish that the Legions would change up a bit more? I really enjoy the concept that one Legion breaks pallets, another vaults them. I also totally understand that a killer with 4 completely different abilities would be too OP. So I really like this concept. The switching places around the map is awesome. You could even use the other legion as like...traps? Place them at your totems and switch back and forth between them at any given time. Such a cool concept. I dig this.

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Although I wish that the Legions would change up a bit more? I really enjoy the concept that one Legion breaks pallets, another vaults them. I also totally understand that a killer with 4 completely different abilities would be too OP. So I really like this concept. The switching places around the map is awesome. You could even use the other legion as like...traps? Place them at your totems and switch back and forth between them at any given time. Such a cool concept. I dig this.

I had considered that, but then again I had it so if they encounter a survivor, they make a loud noise (like a generator exploding) and then run away out of sight.

To clarify, when you switch between Legion it could be that the Legion you want to switch to is teleported to where you currently are, or you sorta run to and switch p.o.v with the member you switch with.

I.E

If you were Frank and switch with Julie, Julie will either run to or teleport to where Frank is, while Frank is teleported or runs to where Julie is.

@FayeZahara said:
    I like this idea and maybe make unique survivor animation they do as they wait. Like susie is practicing her stabs and laughing. Joe is cleaning his knife with finger. Julie is crouched carving a heart at floor. Frank is just spinning knife crouched.

The ideas are endless. I would imagine in a map like The Game, Susie would just be sitting over a ledge and swinging her legs. And if she spots a survivor she jumps down or gets up and runs out of sight.

• iceman2kxiceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Rework soon, as in the same with Freddy and DS getting a rework soon? If that's the case, we'll be waiting a couple years I guess. I just bought this killer and he's complete garbage. He's even worse than Freddy. It's almost better to just run around the map and not even use his power. Hope this gets fixed soon.

@iceman2kx said:
    Rework soon, as in the same with Freddy and DS getting a rework soon? If that's the case, we'll be waiting a couple years I guess. I just bought this killer and he's complete garbage. He's even worse than Freddy. It's almost better to just run around the map and not even use his power. Hope this gets fixed soon.

DS is getting a rework around the next patch (thank the Entity in all her malevolent power), Freddy will also be getting a rework. I'd suggest you practice with Legion. I got to rank 1 with them and can get at least two kills, sometimes 3 to 4 if I play like a sweaty try hard.

Anyways, I hope the devs do something to give the Legion some love.

• FayeZaharaFayeZahara Member Posts: 963
    edited February 22

@Shad03 said:

@FayeZahara said:

The ideas are endless. I would imagine in a map like The Game, Susie would just be sitting over a ledge and swinging her legs. And if she spots a survivor she jumps down or gets up and runs out of sight.

Think they could probally do 1 animation.... any unique map animations would be to cool and also too hard for them. But it also make use of cosmetics worth more if they had some flavour cause legion is only killer with non unique animated cosmetics. I doubt he could get unique cosmetics so making him have own emote going with your idea be welcomed. The only way i could see legion if a rich person got an led mask and joined legion. It probally would be alot harder to make daft punk scary.

@FayeZahara said:

@Shad03 said:

@FayeZahara said:

Think they could probally do 1 animation.... any unique map animations would be to cool and also too hard for them. But it also make use of cosmetics worth more if they had some flavour cause legion is only killer with non unique animated cosmetics. I doubt he could get unique cosmetics so making him have own emote going with your idea be welcomed. The only way i could see legion if a rich person got an led mask and joined legion. It probally would be alot harder to make daft punk scary.

Mmm.

Also I added in new content, such as individual Legion Mixtapes.

I have an idea!
    The Legion would look like and act like a survivor... They would be able to repair gens (degrades them) and heal others (down them after 2 seconds after healing them)... The legion would have 5 options... 4 of which would be the survivors who he's facing (including the cosmetics) and the other would be Legion... Switching forms would take 6 seconds... He'd have no TR when a survivor but a TR of 32 when Legion... This would confuse the survivors and would keep the survivors away from eachother and it would make it difficult to trust others...

• MhhBurgersMhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,776

@Shad03 said:

@iceman2kx said:

DS is getting a rework around the next patch (thank the Entity in all her malevolent power), Freddy will also be getting a rework. I'd suggest you practice with Legion. I got to rank 1 with them and can get at least two kills, sometimes 3 to 4 if I play like a sweaty try hard.

Anyways, I hope the devs do something to give the Legion some love.

You can pip with legion without hooking a single person, I did that during my depip session, the only guy I killed was with rancor because I like to see the animation, it's so violent it gives me a boner. So getting to R1 as legion is not an achievement.

• VictoryVictory Member Posts: 152

@Mr_Black said:

@Shad03 said:

@Mr_Black said:

@Shad03 said:

@vampire_toothy said:

@Mr_Black said:
    E.g.

4 m/s would make Legion the same exact speed as survivors meaning they would only ever be able to catch up with bloodlust or feral frenzy, which to my knowledge I'm pretty sure the majority of players want to go down to a normal chase, not being stabbed 4 times with their power. Your straight up nerf to Legion would make him the actual worst killer in the game and give them the excuse to retain broken addons like frank's mixtape.

Regarding the OP, I actually like this rework idea, it's pretty cool - I remember putting up a rework for the legion a while ago but I don't think the post ever actually took off. But I like the fact that you incorporated a way to use each legion member, though maybe instead of having Joey be the member with the slowest vault speed, perhaps allow him to be the member that can break pallets?

@Mr_Black Legion is fine how he is? No not really. The nerfs you put are worse then what the Devs did to poor Freddy, but at least you can make the argument that Freddy can still consistently kick more arse.

@vampire_toothy Thank you, friend. I'll look through and see if I can find your discussion, then I'll read and leave a comment. Regarding your suggestion, hmm, it would certainly give him that brute status. I'll add it.

(Oh geez, I shudder at the amount of coding it would take to implement this idea.)

He needs no buff... He needs a tad nerf on his base speed... He is primarily a chaser, with his feral frenzy, he doesn't need base speed... They also need to solve the whole deep wounds pausing thing... The Legion can just look down when chasing and the timer will carry on...

People say that I'm delusional sometimes. But I doubt whatever drink I can get my hands on will make me as delusional as you. I assume you are a troll and if so, I congratulate you, but if not, please, step away from this thread.

You sound like someone who only plays survivor and never plays killer. He wants to change legion and if you actually read his post which from your entitled stand point of not wanting to make the game healthier by fixing legion, you probably didn't. He took away some of his brainless chase power adding more counterplay.

• KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 1,155
    Mr_Black said:

@Shad03 said:

@Mr_Black said:

@Shad03 said:

@vampire_toothy said:

@Mr_Black said:
    E.g.

4 m/s would make Legion the same exact speed as survivors meaning they would only ever be able to catch up with bloodlust or feral frenzy, which to my knowledge I'm pretty sure the majority of players want to go down to a normal chase, not being stabbed 4 times with their power. Your straight up nerf to Legion would make him the actual worst killer in the game and give them the excuse to retain broken addons like frank's mixtape.

Regarding the OP, I actually like this rework idea, it's pretty cool - I remember putting up a rework for the legion a while ago but I don't think the post ever actually took off. But I like the fact that you incorporated a way to use each legion member, though maybe instead of having Joey be the member with the slowest vault speed, perhaps allow him to be the member that can break pallets?

@Mr_Black Legion is fine how he is? No not really. The nerfs you put are worse then what the Devs did to poor Freddy, but at least you can make the argument that Freddy can still consistently kick more arse.

@vampire_toothy Thank you, friend. I'll look through and see if I can find your discussion, then I'll read and leave a comment. Regarding your suggestion, hmm, it would certainly give him that brute status. I'll add it.

(Oh geez, I shudder at the amount of coding it would take to implement this idea.)

He needs no buff... He needs a tad nerf on his base speed... He is primarily a chaser, with his feral frenzy, he doesn't need base speed... They also need to solve the whole deep wounds pausing thing... The Legion can just look down when chasing and the timer will carry on...

People say that I'm delusional sometimes. But I doubt whatever drink I can get my hands on will make me as delusional as you. I assume you are a troll and if so, I congratulate you, but if not, please, step away from this thread.

Bud, he’s near worthless without exploiting or OP addond
  • IcemanIceman Member Posts: 1,018
    @Shad03 ;

When did they say that Legion is getting a rework? 

@Iceman said:
    @Shad03 

When did they say that Legion is getting a rework? 

Forgot where, but it was confirmed that he will. Soon(tm)