The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
Upcoming DS changes - Q&A
So we know that a lot of you had tons of questions about the upcoming DS changes.
So here we go!
Can a player use DS more than 1 time per match?
Do you lose the chance to use DS if you aren't using it on the first carry?
No you do not, the perk is disabled only when you miss or succeed the DS skillcheck.
Does the timer continues when in dying state / being healed?
Yes. The timer acts like the timer from Make your Choice or We'll Make it for example.
When are these changes coming?
These changes will be implemented in the next update. They will be available in the next Player Test Build as well.
Why shorten the killer stun?
We will be looking closely at feedback and interactions from the PTB to decide if we need to adjust the stun time.
DS change happened, how about NOED changes?
We aren't planning to change NOED at the moment. We consider that NOED has multiple gameplay counters and is currently in a good place. We do not think of NOED as an equivalent to DS.
How does the DS changes affect the other Obsession perks?
- Increases your chance to become the obsession.
- The Killer can only be Obsessed with one survivor at a time.
- Transfers the Obsession status to the Decisive Strike user when successfully triggered during a trial.
- No Change
Object of Obsession
- Only the active Obsession has the ability to see the killer at a maximum range of 56/64/72 meters.
Save the Best for Last
- No matter the active Obsession, if a killer with Save the Best for Last hits a survivor who is the obsession they will lose 4/3/2 tokens.
- The player who is no longer the obsession will be treated as a non-obsession, adding a 5% decreased successful attack cool down per hit.
- The killer doesn't lose his tokens when the Obsession status is transferred to another survivor unless he hits the active Obsession.
Play With Your Food
- No matter who has been the Obsession, if a killer with Play With Your Food chases and lets the active Obsession escape, they will gain a movement speed token until their next offensive action.
- The player who is no longer the Obsession will be treated as a non-obsession, meaning that activating a chase with a non-obsession and losing the chase will not grant the killer a PWYF token.
- The active Obsession has the altruistic action speed bonus while they are alive.
- If the active Obsession is killed, Dying Light's de-buff is applied to all remaining survivors.
- If, at some point in the trial, another player becomes the Obsession, Dying Lights de-buff will be removed as the Obsession is considered alive again.
- No matter the active Obsession, hitting the Obsession will add +5 seconds of Exit Gate opening time up to a maximum of 20/25/30 additional seconds.
- All additional seconds are kept when the Obsession is killed, and if the active Obsession changes.
- The active Obsession always ignore the extra door opening times. They are not affected by Remember Me.
- The active Obsession will be revealed for 5/4/3 seconds when a generator is completed.
- The non-Obsessions, even one that was recently the Obsession, will have their locations revealed for 3 seconds after a generator is completed.
- Once all generators have been completed, the active Obsession will be exposed and can be killed. This is true for any active Obsession which means that the Rancor mori can potentially be used up to 4 times.
Stalking the active Obsession grants more stalks points per second.
Only active at the start of the match. Will not reactivate when the Obsession changes.