For its year 3 anniversary, Dead by Daylight will be hosting its biggest livestream on May 31st at 3PM EST
Major reveals, drama, laughs, cries, surprises. It’s a date!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JNlTD0I7UM
Stream schedule: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/64689/

Your username

Comments

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,445

My initials and the year i got back into gaming.

• fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,094

Both my forum and steam username is due to my fondness of cute fluffy things. ^^ My steam also is related to my favorite Pokemon, too. fluffymareep

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,028

My Username would have been vastly different if I hadn't gotten into Roleplaying like four or five years back. Around the Internet I would be known as KillerWoW, which came from my love of the series World of Warcraft.

From WoW, I came up with a undead named Fallsbone, so my later accounts would later take up the mantle Fallsbone.

Shad03 came from me thinking I was clever. I loved dark things, shadows and the like. My role play persona online manifested as a hooded shadow named Shad03, the '0' being a 'o' and '3' being a 'w'. So had I not found out about role playing, I would have been Fallsbone or KillerWoW.

Just a little something for you guys. I'm sorry my username origins was not as deep or original as some of the others here.

• No_Mither_No_ProblemNo_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,249
    Any reason why your username/ gamertag is...well your username and gamertag. What's the story behind it or whatever. I'm just PhantomMask because when I wanted to come up with a gamertag, for some random reason I thought of Phantom of the Opera therefore the Phantoms Mask, PhantomMask. Also the phantom gremlin from gremlins 2 had a bit to do with it.

Anyways what's your story? 
    My username should be self-explanatory.
  • Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 4,187

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

Any reason why your username/ gamertag is...well your username and gamertag. What's the story behind it or whatever. I'm just PhantomMask because when I wanted to come up with a gamertag, for some random reason I thought of Phantom of the Opera therefore the Phantoms Mask, PhantomMask. Also the phantom gremlin from gremlins 2 had a bit to do with it.

Do you run OOO with No Mither?

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,654
    Back in the day, there was a game called Armored Core.
    The plot revolved around you, a mercenary mech pilot in a group called "Raven."

There were secret unlocks where if you went far enough into debt, you get experimented on, and upgraded. Your name was wiped, and replaced by "Rebel"

So Rebel Raven.
  • No_Mither_No_ProblemNo_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,249

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

Do you run OOO with No Mither?

More often than you think.
  • MineAntoiyaMineAntoiya Member Posts: 690

It's my name.

boom.

...or at least one of them

• TheGameZpro3TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 229
    edited February 23

(Decently long story)

I made my username when I was like 8 years old for Roblox.
    Back then I was a kid who was full of myself, I actually thought I was better than all (which I now know is exact opposite, which is proven by the fact that I lost my account to Roblox 2 times).
    My first account was TheGameZpro, "The" is there as "I'm THE best", "Game" because I loved games and still do, "pro" because I thought I was a pro, and I capitalized the Z and adding a Z to anything is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! (Man I was an Idiot child, and my Autism shined as bright as a diamond in the dark with a huge and powerful lightbulb on top of it).
    I lost my password to that account so can you guess what I did? That's Right, I added a 2 at the end (TheGameZpro2)…
    I also forgot that password. I then learned a helpful trick from Mum which is to write down my password now the idea and password is stuck in my brain.
    So when I made my third Roblox account ("You already know who it is!" -Silentó, Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) 2016), I made TheGameZpro3. And I'm terrible at names, I honestly couldn't think of anything else, so I just stuck with it. Who cares, not like anyone here knows who I am and will publicly make fun of and bully me.

TL;DR: I was a full of myself kid who made a username he made 3 times, adding a number at the end because I lost my other 2 passwords. And didn't change it because I'm terrible with names, so just kept it.

• ShrimpTwiggsShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 914

It's a combination of two childhood nicknames. I'm the runt of my family.

• GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 666

Let’s Start.

Kira: I was really into the Death Note Anime at the time. Then I found out The word “Kira” was somewhat related to the word “Killer” And KiraElijah sounded better than KillerElijah.

Elijah: My First name. I figured what the heck, why not.

Yeah, kira is how killer is said in Japanese if they use the English term. Satsujin is the Japanese word for killer. However, if you like to kill with knives and swords, hitokiri (like Rurouni Kenshin) would be a good name heh..
  • GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 666
    Gorgonnia is an adaptation from the Greek gorgons (Medusa and sisters). When I was a kid I had Greek schoolmate and she once said I looked like a gorgon under the sun because my wavy reddish hair was kind of annoying to look at. Now my hair turned dark but my old friends still call me Gorgy or Gorg. Name pronounced gohr-go-nya or something haha
  • wildcats25wildcats25 Member Posts: 35

"Wild C.A.T.s" is the title of a comic book back in the 90's; created and drawn by artist Jim Lee.

• Captain_SpauldingCaptain_Spaulding Member Posts: 249
    edited February 23

I have a deep fondness for Rob Zombie and have been enamored with his music and movies since I was a kid. When I first watched House of a thousand corpses, Captain Spaulding actually terrified me. I had a pretty big coulrophobia as a child and seeing one mass murder was the stuff of nightmares. When I first started playing DBD the clown came out and I decided to face my fears and play him. I had the persona of Spaulding in my head when playing him and kinda tried to torment and have fun with survivors. Thankfully, the name wasn't taken on the forums. My steam name comes from my wife though. She's always used the name inky cause she's an artist and she gets the XIII from Shion from Kingdom hearts. She's a huge fan of the KH series and actually got me into it in my later years.

• Mr_Jay_StarkMr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I’m a guy hence Mr, my name is Jay and I’m a huge fan of tony stark (aka iron man) and the starks of winterfell (game of thrones for those that don’t know)
  • White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,238

I love owls, and in particular Barn Owls but as a username I liked more the translation of its scientific name (Tyto Alba).
    My old username (which I still use sometime) is bassixjm2, which is due to the fact I play the bass and my first "serious" instrument was an RBX JM2.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,040

Poweas because my older brother made it when we were kids and I just stuck with it. Secretsphinx7 is my xbox username and that was randomised but I use it only for xbox,

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,040

@KiraElijah said:
    Let’s Start.

Kira: I was really into the Death Note Anime at the time. Then I found out The word “Kira” was somewhat related to the word “Killer” And KiraElijah sounded better than KillerElijah.

Elijah: My First name. I figured what the heck, why not.

I used to love death note.

• EntityDispleasedEntityDispleased Member Posts: 1,309

I currently don't have a username because I completely wiped the old one out of existence due to how cringe it was. Let's just say I came up with it back when I was 12 on Minecraft.

• pootis_Bearpootis_Bear Member Posts: 384

I chose my name because I like the TF2 meme

• PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,112

Pii Free, pronounced "Pee Free" / "P3".

No one will ever understand where it's coming from unless they know me personally :)

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 2,158

I liked Undertale and W.D.Gaster intrigued me so I put my initials. I'm thinking of finding a new username tho

• NoodleLegsNoodleLegs Member Posts: 323

my gamertag bc i like to think im poison and noodlelegs bc of bing bong boi

• Saint_UkraineSaint_Ukraine Member Posts: 939

Last year, one of my friends couldn't figure out what my ethnicity was, so he guessed I was Ukrainian. When December rolled around, I started wearing a Santa hat to school, and he started calling me Saint Ukraine. I liked the name and decided to start using it in pretty much everything. Games, social media, etc.

Before that, I used the name ZombiesFail. I used to play a lot of zombies on CoD: Black Ops, and fail because I kinda sucked at it.

I also have used the name RedRain47 for Dragon Fable, because my favorite color is red and I love the rain. At this time, I decided to start using a different username because my brother told me that I shouldn't use the same sign in info for everything I use. I can't remember if I put 47 there on purpose or not.

I used the name skull9799 for Roblox because I thought skeletons were cool and there were 9798 skulls before me.

And finally, the first username I have ever used was dragon27095. I used this username because I was born in the year of the dragon, and there were 27094 dragons before me. I first used this name on Jagex's retired website, Funorb; may it rest in piece. I still use the name to this day as my email.

That's pretty much all the usernames I can remember ever using at this moment, but I'm sure there have been more.

• thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,024
    edited March 6

My Username looks like I made it for DBD. However, I actually first called myself thekiller490 in Tanki Online, a online tank MMO that I played excessively. I then went to World of Tanks and kept the username. The name has just stuck with me. DBD fits the name best because I am killer main.

• VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 236

Literally the first thing Xbox Live gave to me. I'm really bad at naming things on my own.

• PetraaahhPetraaahh Member Posts: 182

So many cool stories... Welll Mines just my name dang so boring of me.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,028

I mean, I've seen more boring ones.

Like, what the hell kind of name is @Peasant ? King or Knight would have been much better.