Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Twitch Streamers=Toxic (Rant)

Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Now this will probably be the only negative discussion thread i will make considering i tend to reside more in the lore section of this forum. But i will say that Twitch streamers who play this game have got to be some of the most toxic people on the planet. It's mainly the survivor main ones that seem to have this godlike mentality because they managed to hit their DS. I am sorry but whenever i see a streamer i automatically think "He has DS" and if they wanna be toxic then i'm going to be toxic to. Then get this, this is the best part. When you manage to kill them. They send their snowflake chat after your entire page spouting nothing but BS in hopes of getting you banned. I know they are good for getting the game some attention. But the way they do it is just.....i don't even know anymore, what do you guys think?

Edit: Thank you for the positive comments guys. Really appreciate it.

Post edited by Detective_Jonathan on

Comments

  • GhostEuantGhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    The beauty of playing on console. Not having to deal with knowing someone is streaming. 
  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

    @GhostEuant said:
    The beauty of playing on console. Not having to deal with knowing someone is streaming. 

    You know Xbox has a built in streaming app right? PS4 probably does too IDK.

    I know people that stream all the time on Xbox.

  • GhostEuantGhostEuant Member Posts: 243

    @GhostEuant said:
    The beauty of playing on console. Not having to deal with knowing someone is streaming. 

    You know Xbox has a built in streaming app right? PS4 probably does too IDK.

    I know people that stream all the time on Xbox.

    Yes. “Not having to deal with KNOWING someone is streaming.” As in I don’t know if they are or not and thus don’t change how I play the game. 
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2018

    @Visionmaker said:
    85% of the people with ttv at the end of their name has been toxic and/or dcers for me.

    So I agree with you, anecdotally. It's obvious that very few streamers build their following from being wholesome.

    Because "being wholesome" doesn't net you anything. After 2 years of "wholesome" streaming, I had exactly one regular viewer out of over 100 followers, whom I then lost when I stopped streaming for a while due to real-life issues. Being toxic is what most people find amusing. "Being wholesome" is what most people find boring.

  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2018
    Orion said:

    @Visionmaker said:
    85% of the people with ttv at the end of their name has been toxic and/or dcers for me.

    So I agree with you, anecdotally. It's obvious that very few streamers build their following from being wholesome.

    Because "being wholesome" doesn't net you anything. After 2 years of "wholesome" streaming, I had exactly one regular viewer out of over 100 followers, whom I then lost when I stopped streaming for a while due to real-life issues. Being toxic is what most people find amusing. "Being wholesome" is what most people find boring.

    I figured. Hence why I absolutely loathe queuing in the streamers.

    Whether it be ######### survivor streamers that taunt and clicky clicky and DC after getting caught, or the ######### killer streamers that get a rise out of facecamping and bodyblocking survivors in the basement. 

    Id say most of the top streamers are decent though, but the bottom feeders are all I ever run into it seems.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,069

    Wouldn't DC'ing when they lose harm their reputation? Why do it when you know there are people watching?

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

    @Coriander said:
    Wouldn't DC'ing when they lose harm their reputation? Why do it when you know there are people watching?

    Because the people who watch them either don't care, or agree with their excuses (what they call "reasons") for DC'ing.

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

    @Visionmaker said:
    Orion said:

    @Visionmaker said:

    85% of the people with ttv at the end of their name has been toxic and/or dcers for me.

    So I agree with you, anecdotally. It's obvious that very few streamers build their following from being wholesome.

    Because "being wholesome" doesn't net you anything. After 2 years of "wholesome" streaming, I had exactly one regular viewer out of over 100 followers, whom I then lost when I stopped streaming for a while due to real-life issues. Being toxic is what most people find amusing. "Being wholesome" is what most people find boring.

    I figured. Hence why I absolutely loathe queuing in the streamers.

    Whether it be ######### survivor streamers that taunt and clicky clicky and DC after getting caught, or the ######### killer streamers that get a rise out of facecamping and bodyblocking survivors in the basement. 

    Id say most of the top streamers are decent though, but the bottom feeders are all I ever run into it seems.

    In my experience, only people who started streaming when streaming was gaining popularity could actually afford to not be toxic and still gain followers/viewers. The rest had a choice to make: don't be toxic and remain a largely unknown streamer, or appeal to the lowest common denominator and (maybe) get lucky.

  • MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 976

    When I play Survivor, if I don't want to deal with the mess that is about to occur, I'll just leave the Lobby when a streamer enters. They piss off the Killer everytime, then DC when they get downed or miss their decisive skillcheck, and I'm stuck playing against a frothing mad Killer who just wants to put the boots to everyone. Streamers are some of the worst teammates I've come across. Not all of them of course, there are some who I will play with anytime, but the majority of them make the game a nightmare for those of us who just want a fun match.

    When I'm playing Killer, 2 streamers = close lobby. If there's only 1, I'll usually play the match because I'm working on getting better with my Killers, and they do know how to dodge and loop. Most times I'll tunnel them all game just to work on my own skills. It really does depend on how I'm feeling though. Even 1 streamer when I'm tired of BM from prior matches will make me dodge because I know how the match is going to end up. Its' just not worth the hassle and frustration.

  • LowbeiLowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    i stream and i dont use DS

    DS is bad
  • SadonicShadowSadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

    Alot of them are nobodies with 3 viewers that are OcihDo wannabes. They are indeed the most toxic, annoying and have a huge ego. They also tend to be the saltiest when you give them the good ol' streamer privilege.

  • Might_OakkMight_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

    I dunno is someone with 15 viewers including their mom, little sister and dog considered a streamer.

    Most of the really toxic guys fall into that category. There are a few exceptions ie. Ochido but most people who I would consider "streamers" are pretty normal.

  • RATTRATT Member Posts: 33

    I can agree with this mostly, but at the same time it doesn't really bother me all too much. There's some good streamers I've come across out there that I genuinely enjoy playing with, who are most definitely respectable. But the majority of the streamers I've seen that are "toxic", are small streamers who can't get their break or keep their viewers entertained due to toxic personalities . I've had many of these small streamers rage in postgame chat, and they don't seem to care because they don't maintain enough viewers to care whether or not people see them being ridiculous.... I mean, why do they they think can't maintain any viewers? Because they're not presenting themselves in a light they should. Which means, mori time.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200
    As long as I don't get paid for being part of the juke Montage videos they produce I will simply refuse to be juking material

    The only time I don't dodge a streamer is if I know him and he is not playing SWF 
  • MarknessMarkness Member Posts: 242

    I had some that act a little bit salty towards me and try to add me post-game to grief me. When the survivors are instantly saving their teammates from the hook and I don't see anything on my BBQ/C radar then don't get angry. It is also frustrating when they rush the gens and try to last second rescue their friends. I ain't going to let you get a free hook rescue if they're about to go to the entity. Anywho, I can understand how some of them get frustrated especially when they play the high rank killers that always use moris/pink add-ons, but I am not that way. I don't even play nurse/hillbilly/huntress like the people that play killer 24/7 do.

This discussion has been closed.