Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

@Devs: Give survivors what they want

TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 13,222

So the amount of threads where survivors ask for a BBQ nerf has been increasing over the last week. Especially in discussions about the nerf of SC and SB.
Survivors think BBQ is worse than camping. They think that the aura reading (or wallhack) should be removed.

So my proposal would be to give survivors exactly what they want:

• Remove the aura reading of BBQ
  • Change the stacks requirements to be the same as WGLF. Meaning that a killer can get stacks from hooking the same survivor several times. Also hitting other survivors near the hook, should give stacks.

Those changes would reduce what survivors hate the most: Being punished for the mistakes of others.

Comments

• Might_OakkMight_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

The big problem to me with it is that it benefits the 2 strongest killers the most (Hillbilly, Nurse).

If you're playing 1 of these 2 and you get 1 survivor downed while another hooked it's pretty much gg. The pressure is pretty much game changing at that point since even if the survivors get to a gen to hide you know where they are.

I'm a Billy main so I am ok with this :chuffed:

• SovererignKingSovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    BBQ was made to facilitate the Survivors demands in the first place.

1. Incentivize not camping.
    2. “Chase Survivors all game, because that’s what’s fun.”

Number 2 was, however, nothing more than a giant lie Survivors tossed at the developers. Them saying “it’s what is fun” was only because they knew how ultra powerful they were as Loopers. They knew if the Killer didn’t camp, thier chance of winning dramatically increased as easy hook saves and massive amounts of Looping meant an easy win.

They got what they asked for already. Now that the developers are finally making a move on them being overpowered, they are suddenly singing this “BBQ OP” tune. Looping is still plenty strong enough that BBQ is a balanced perk. If the Survivors want BBQ changed to no Aura Reading, they best prepare for some more nerfs to Looping. Other than that, it stays as it is. 
  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 13,222

@Might_Oakk said:
    The big problem to me with it is that it benefits the 2 strongest killers the most (Hillbilly, Nurse).

If you're playing 1 of these 2 and you get 1 survivor downed while another hooked it's pretty much gg. The pressure is pretty much game changing at that point since even if the survivors get to a gen to hide you know where they are.

I'm a Billy main so I am ok with this :chuffed:

The change would solve this. Leatherface would become the best killer. Didn´t survivors complain about only encountering Billy and Nurse on high ranks? Let´s kill 2 birds with 1 shot.

• rharha Member Posts: 296
    I‘d prefer we‘d just stop nerfing perks just because a perk is better than others and picked more often, unless there’s an actual problem. As survivor I have as little problems with killers running BBQ as I have as killer when survivors have self care.

As for that BBQ Billy ... mainly a problem on Cornfield maps and even the I prefer it to Doc on Game. I played four times BBQ Billy yesterday and got sent three times to Lerys and the 4th time to Haddonfield. Not really any threat to survivors. 
  • MrChubChubMrChubChub Member Posts: 197
    Or you could buff WGLF so that it’s the same as bbq, you see the aura of the killer if he’s 16m/24m/32m close to the hook for 4 seconds
    But now that i think about it, that would not be a good change
  • NoodleNoodle Member Posts: 103

Boy do I have some bad news for you BBQ haters out there.... the killers are about to get new and improved aura perks that show the aura of survivors when completing other tasks to, like when they finish generators. And a perk rework that'll alert killers to generators that are close to being finished. You hate BBQ now but get ready cause a new storm is on the horizon.

@MrChubChub said:
    Or you could buff WGLF so that it’s the same as bbq, you see the aura of the killer if he’s 16m/24m/32m close to the hook for 4 seconds

So basically it would turn into Kindred.

@Noodle said:
    Boy do I have some bad news for you BBQ haters out there.... the killers are about to get new and improved aura perks that show the aura of survivors when completing other tasks to, like when they finish generators. And a perk rework that'll alert killers to generators that are close to being finished. You hate BBQ now but get ready cause a new storm is on the horizon.

That would be the best moment to implement my proposed changes!

Tsulan said:

@MrChubChub said:

So basically it would turn into Kindred.

Well, yeah, just when you unhook,
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:
    So the amount of threads where survivors ask for a BBQ nerf has been increasing over the last week. Especially in discussions about the nerf of SC and SB.
    Survivors think BBQ is worse than camping. They think that the aura reading (or wallhack) should be removed.

• Change the stacks requirements to be the same as WGLF. Meaning that a killer can get stacks from hooking the same survivor several times. Also hitting other survivors near the hook, should give stacks.

Those changes would reduce what survivors hate the most: Being punished for the mistakes of others.

Yes remove the aura reading and go back to full camp meta. At this point just give it to survivors and let them suffer for it, I dont care anymore

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

Yes remove the aura reading and go back to full camp meta. At this point just give it to survivors and let them suffer for it, I dont care anymore

Exactly!

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,264

Number 2 was, however, nothing more than a giant lie Survivors tossed at the developers. Them saying “it’s what is fun” was only because they knew how ultra powerful they were as Loopers. They knew if the Killer didn’t camp, thier chance of winning dramatically increased as easy hook saves and massive amounts of Looping meant an easy win.

They got what they asked for already. Now that the developers are finally making a move on them being overpowered, they are suddenly singing this “BBQ OP” tune. Looping is still plenty strong enough that BBQ is a balanced perk. If the Survivors want BBQ changed to no Aura Reading, they best prepare for some more nerfs to Looping. Other than that, it stays as it is. 
    I'm confused.. so you're saying camping is fun? Or none of it is fun? 

I love how you create this narrative and make it seem like survivors are some monolithic being that is duping the devs.
  • SovererignKingSovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Noodle said:

Welcome to the “Chase Meta” that whiny Survivors cried for. Less Stealth, more running around like a headless chicken. All because they refused to adapt to anything other than infinite’s and it’s de-evolution, Looping.

They got what they wanted, the developers are just swinging the nerf bat around to bring it in-line to make it balanced. Though Survivors don’t like balanced gameplay, it seems. 
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@brokedownpalace said:
    SovererignKing said:

I'm confused.. so you're saying camping is fun? Or none of it is fun? 

I love how you create this narrative and make it seem like survivors are some monolithic being that is duping the devs.

He doesnt argue with "fun" at all, all he did was pointing out some facts in his "narrative" and I agree with him.

Yes camping isnt fun, even for the killer, but running in circles is even less fun :wink:

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

What Survivors even like less is camping Killers, which is what would happen with such a change to BBQ & Chilli.

The aura-reveal gives Killers and incentive to not camp and go away from the Hook, something Survivors don't seem to realise enough.

Also, any Survivor complaining about that Perk simply can't be bothered to employ any of the multiple counterplays to it. No need to give in to lazy players.

• EasylifeEasylife Member Posts: 163

It's NOT "wall hack" in Dead by Daylight aura perks are a part of the game.
    Wall hack implies it's not intended to be part of the game and a player is cheating by using hacks to be able to see other players through walls when he should not be able to.
    DBD has aura's and perks that let you see them, #DEAD_WITH_IT

• only1biggsonly1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Noodle said:

I can't wait.

• EpicFailTryHardEpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316

any survivor 15 and up loves looping.  just left a match of that as killer.  not much choice when it is the favored experience of every survivor.  that clown speed vault perk can't get here soon enough 
  • EpicFailTryHardEpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316

The OP is a troll who is just looking to stir the pot. Best to just ignore this thread entirely.

maybe such threads are the primary purpose for me coming here.

@ZombieGenesis said:
    The OP is a troll who is just looking to stir the pot. Best to just ignore this thread entirely.

Oh i´m not a troll. I love BBQ. Because it gives killers a reason to leave the hook.
    But i´m tired of survivors complaining about BBQ being OP.
    Every time i explained that it benefits survivors, because it reduces camping, they argue that killers even camp with BBQ. But forget, that BBQ only works if the killer can see another survivor.

@DocOctober said:
    What Survivors even like less is camping Killers, which is what would happen with such a change to BBQ & Chilli.

The aura-reveal gives Killers and incentive to not camp and go away from the Hook, something Survivors don't seem to realise enough.

Also, any Survivor complaining about that Perk simply can't be bothered to employ any of the multiple counterplays to it. No need to give in to lazy players.

But by giving in to them, they would get exactly what they deserve: Tons of camping and tunneling killers. They spend so much time, asking for nerfs of BBQ, completely forgetting about it´s benefits.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Tsulan said:

@DocOctober said:

But by giving in to them, they would get exactly what they deserve: Tons of camping and tunneling killers. They spend so much time, asking for nerfs of BBQ, completely forgetting about it´s benefits.

Not a reason to give in.

@DocOctober said:

@Tsulan said:

@DocOctober said:

Not a reason to give in.

Survivors don´t know what they want:

• They want the killer to leave the hook
    • They don´t want to get seen by the killers aura reading BBQ.
    • They want easy unhooks

But if you don´t give a killer a reason to leave the hook, then he´s not going to do it.