Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

CHAPTER TEASER! (real)

Comments

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 4,104

"In a time of darkness" "KIller older than 1910".
    Dark Ages killer perhaps?!
    Also upon close inspection of the circle, I spot lions, a symbol of Richard the Lionheart.
    The central hanging tall and narrow item is perhaps a military banner?

My shards are on a Zealous Crusader or medieval knight. Though perhaps we'll get a Nun rip-off or evil Patriarch?

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Amazing. I feel literally not excitement at all.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Orion said:
    Well, the whole thing seems like a mixture of western and eastern religions, so it'd make sense for the "gong" to be halfway between a real gong and a church bell.

Actually looking at it again, I don't think that's a tag. There's incense smoke coming out of it. And there's a pole connecting it to the centre. Looking online I found this. \/

Seems similar to the one in the picture. If it was a gong, it wouldn't make much sense to connect a smoke box to it.

• BACKSTABBERBACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited February 2019

@mobbigermops said:
    But what would be his Power?

that rectangular device with crosses is expulsing smoke like incense in the churches

maybe the power is related to smoke/teleporting/shapeshifting

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

just release the PTb ~.~

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@Mc_Harty said:

@Orion said:
    Well, the whole thing seems like a mixture of western and eastern religions, so it'd make sense for the "gong" to be halfway between a real gong and a church bell.

Actually looking at it again, I don't think that's a tag. There's incense smoke coming out of it. And there's a pole connecting it to the centre. Looking online I found this. \/

Seems similar to the one in the picture. If it was a gong, it wouldn't make much sense to connect a smoke box to it.

So maybe an urn containing an evil entity that's being held back by the incense? The chains and the little "ball" at the top give off a kind of "evil containment chamber" vibe. Much better than an electric rice cooker, if you ask me...

• BACKSTABBERBACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

I think the entity itself is that smoke going out, makes sense

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    I know its licensed but it'd kinda fit John Carpenters The Fog, with the religious theme and smoke/fog.

We need The Fog chapter.
  • SinnerSinner Member Posts: 334
    edited February 2019

If you google "hanging incense burner" you will see the object in the picture. I can't pinpoint the culture exactly but so far it's very similar to Chinese.

Actually it's way more consistent if you google Tibetan hanging incense burner.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,062
    5 symbols maybe representing the 5 gens required to power the door?
    New end game based killer?
    What does everyone make of the lion mask inscriptions on the circle?
    Man with Lions head?
    What's the association with Mali?

@AshleyWB said:
    What does everyone make of the lion mask inscriptions on the circle?
    Man with Lions head?
    What's the association with Mali?

There is no association with Mali, that's just an internal designation.

Egypt must be the location then. Surely.
    Always wanted a pyramid map.
    Could it be
  • PirscherPirscher Member Posts: 563
    From the chapter "Darkness among us" to the statement "In a time of darkness, some look for a light to follow." 
    Connection? 

@AshleyWB said:
    Egypt must be the location then. Surely.
    Always wanted a pyramid map.
    Could it be

The architecture isn't Egyptian. Sorry.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Orion said:
    So the killer is a cult leader?

Maybe the survivor is the cult leader?

• PlippyPlippy Member Posts: 187

LÄMP

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

Cult leaders are always the evil crazy ones. Cult followers are mostly just plain crazy. I doubt it.

@Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

Cult leaders are always the evil crazy ones. Cult followers are mostly just plain crazy. I doubt it.

Depends on the perspective. Sometimes the bad guy doesn't always think they are the bad guy.

• RepliCantRepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

I'm super reluctant on guessing it's going to be a pastor or a priest, but still somehow related to The Clown and The Nurse with the Asylum and Church.

I'm reluctant on the priest/pastor because he was killed given one of the Nurse's add on, but idk

Could it be a Solider? Knight? Pastor, Priest? Nun?

Idk mannn

I would LOVE to see a morally bankrupt Survivor with perks that are selfish and boost them while hurting their teammates. This would help solo players and nerf swf. The only time swf would play these perks is to troll one another.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    fcc2014 said:

I would LOVE to see a morally bankrupt Survivor with perks that are selfish and boost them while hurting their teammates. This would help solo players and nerf swf. The only time swf would play these perks is to troll one another.

But Claudette is already in the game.
  • NoxeriasNoxerias Member Posts: 93
    edited February 2019
    Brady said:

I'm super reluctant on guessing it's going to be a pastor or a priest, but still somehow related to The Clown and The Nurse with the Asylum and Church.

I'm reluctant on the priest/pastor because he was killed given one of the Nurse's add on, but idk

Could it be a Solider? Knight? Pastor, Priest? Nun?

Idk mannn

Could be a Cultist, Monk, or Hermit since all three can be religious but still remain neutral.
    Post edited by Noxerias on
    There are cherubs on the border of door but it is hard to tell which kind they are. Could be old Greek, Roman or the English style from the victorian period but im leaning towards Greek or Roman

@Pirscher said:
    There are cherubs on the border of door but it is hard to tell which kind they are. Could be old Greek, Roman or the English style from the victorian period but im leaning towards Greek or Roman

I see whiskers so I am thinking they're more like lions.

Looks like a cherub
    edited February 2019
    Quick search result
    edited February 2019

I don't know but something is not right with that coffin shaped box, which is used to hold incense. Only Buddhists use that shape, yet there are 2 crosses on it, which doesn't make any sense.

@Pirscher
    For me, the nose should be a lot smaller.