Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Attention Steam and EGS players: a quick hotfix will be going live today at 11AM ET to address file validation reliability. Thank you for your understanding!

The One who needs a Nerf is Hillbilly.

MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 4,142

C'mon, he goes from one side of the map to the other with no counter, the nurse has one, make him the speed as the huntress or something, he just has no counter against him....even with corners, people know how to play him, billy's wait for people to do a rescue and then down both people...

Comments

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 4,142

@thekiller490490 of course you think that, same as people on PC think the nurse is good, yet she isn't on ps4...lockers only seem the best with billy because oh hey surprise he can just fly at you and get you down, he camps more the buba does....someone rescuse that it's you are both down....no adapting and gitting good is a no....he needs to be nerfed, people who play him obvs just take an easy way out, there is no counter for him, who would want one of a killer flying from one room to another and instant down?

to me, i have NEVER given any salty comments to anyone playing a killer or vice versa, i actuall condone those who play well and good and having a GG, still....billy needs a nerf

eh it can happen, but those who know how to play him, really? looping? nope

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,076

In the PS4 red ranks, killers are pretty much the same effectiveness as in the purple and green ranks. Except Billy. Against Billy everyone that isn't rank 1 or 2 is slugged and sacrificed within the first few minutes.

Before any twelve year old tells me to "Git Gud", EVERYONE gets slugged in these matches that I am in. This does not happen against any other killer. Just Billy.

110% speed is balanced for Hag, Legion and Huntress. What makes Billy so special?

@JawsIsTheNextKiller thank you! you don't need to be a good player for billy, he can just whizz his way across and thats it.....i get slugged, i see my team mates get slugged.....how can one help but "git good" with a rocket up his ass....ps4 he is defo the worst one to be against, PC, the nurse, nurse on ps4 to me isn't bad...even legion passes this killer

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

And props to you for not taking part of the texting-after-dying movement on PS4.

i totally agree about swf needeing a nerf, or least letting others know it's a swf to STOP lobby doging

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340

Nice bait.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Well I'm really trying to tell you guys, even after a lot of time playing Billy, there are still people I play against who juke my chainsaw all match long, and there are people surviving my games. So I guess it's a matter of refining skills.

it's just my experienced....billy's on ps4....just eh

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737

No, he does not.

/thread

He. Does.

• vampire_toothyvampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

There is really only one problem I have with Hillbilly and that is only with how easy it is to use billy for how good they are. I wouldn't necessarily advocate for a nerf for billy though as much as I would ask to instead make the power more skillful to use.

If we want to talk counters though, there is certainly a few things you can do against the hillbilly and that's the following ;

1 : You can loop billy like any other 4.6 m/s killer, as long as you can effectively loop using regular pallets or even jungle gyms you will be fine. Billy would only be "broken" if looping did not exist.

2 : Maps (and map types) like Lery's, The Game, Backwater Swamp, Haddonfield and Suffocation pit for instance have a lot of objects in the way that can force hillbilly to stop using their chainsaw for mobility. (This is more so true for Lery's, The Game and Haddonfield though)

3 : Hillbilly can bump into walls if the user is not careful enough, use the stun time to your advantage. Against better hillbilly's they still have a cooldown after coming out of a chainsaw sprint which slows them down for a moment and disables them from hitting survivors and interacting with anything.

Regarding your idea of making Hillbilly 4.4 m/s, this is a bad idea because his power doesn't necessarily give him an edge over looping unlike Huntress who can throw over pallets, Spirit who can mindgame, Hag who can trap and Legion who just straight up ignores everything. Generally speaking, killers that have 4.4 m/s or 110% movement speed have an advantage against looping while Hillbilly can more so hope to find people out in the open with his high mobility and then down them.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,823

Billy is braindead easy to play. Rev your chainsaw and one hit down survivors. You wanna slug? You can easily do it in 20 seconds. He’s easy to pick up and play and is easily the second/third best killer in the game. He is a low risk/high reward killer.

Even saying that, he can be looped like most other killers. He doesn’t need a nerf because it would push him to mediocracy. He and Spirit are the only two killers on console capable of dealing with a good SWF group. Nurse is kinda out of the question with the AWFUL framerates and not having as much sensitivity which massively helps with blinks. She can only do a 180, not capable of a 360.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a 110% movement speed for Billy but it’s not necessary. He isn’t in the worst place of all killers, we need to be focusing on Legion, Freddy, and Leatherface honestly.

ah so you are basically saying he is an easy killer...okay....no legion has a counter, freddy has been pissed and moaned about as too week and leather face is fine so long as you dont camp in the basement *snorts

@ShyN3ko any killers counters ARE pallets and windows...so no, not a counter, that is the map not designed or built in killer

• ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

So whats the problem?

Then he is just a normal M1 killer.

But he can quickly get over the map.

that is the point, no other killer flies over the map as he does, and very much can camp and slug everyone,

• ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
This discussion has been closed.