Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB

Fountains Need A Nerf

khivagameskhivagames Member Posts: 2

The fountain's full heal is way too strong. It renders this new killer pretty much useless, and destroys altruism. No one cares about sitting there and healing when they can just touch an infected pallet and get a very quick full heal. I think the fountains should only cleanse the broken status effect and the sickness, but leave survivors injured. Leaving it the way it is, it's just a source of infinite healing for survivors. They can just keep going back to the fountains whenever they get injured (after they acquire sickness, which isn't very hard to do); and the fact that the pools will automatically flush and be able to be used again when all of them are used up is a little strong too.

Comments

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Exactly, remove the sickness and the broken status only.

Having someone fully heal from the fountains makes her power a disadvantage to her.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

If removing this becomes to much we can also replace Broken with Exposed. That way removing it doesn't leave you injured unless you were injured before you were infected, thus preventing abuse

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340

They should give you borrowed also.

• ApochApoch Member Posts: 96

Wont this encourage Plague Killers to camp the fountain which would in turn encourage Survivors to 'Gen Rush'

Sounds to me like its a free heal for Survivors who are infected if they can juke the Killer away from the fountain and loop back to it for said free heal.

• IncirionIncirion Member Posts: 612

That's a fair point. They'll already be making enough noise from the sickness that the noises from their injuries won't make too much of a difference.

Well same can be said for Pig, It's another thing to patrol just like gens.

The Free heal needs to go, fountains should only cleanse the infection and clear the broken status.

• lordhelioslordhelios Member Posts: 63

I wish the sickness applied hindered at half sickness.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

Or the periodic puking made them pause in place briefly for the animation. This would help it counter looping.

• Demonsouls1993Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261

Not really cuz if she then drinks from that fountain her vomit now damages

She does have to give up any chase or gen patrolling to go and get it, and she doesn't have any real map pressure but Yes I think that's the issue with this killer, There's just too much going on that it's hard to balance.

If the initial Purge had more of an effect on gameplay like slower action speed and easier to spread, as well as getting rid of the Fountain Heal I'd say the corrupt power up wouldn't be needed. She'd kind of be like a mix between freddy and pig that way then. But again, she's going to be hard to balance.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

Also forcing her to go and pick up the corrupted vile as others have said, wastes so much time. This makes her suffer from the same issue as trapper, set up time. Survivors have time to waste, killers don't. This kills her pressure. Not even mentioning her other issues.

• DarktronikDarktronik Member Posts: 94

I am impressed how devs couldnt foreseen it. After all the nerfs around healing, they went and placed a 5 seconds insta heal into the game.