Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB

my feedback on The Plague and recent changes (1500+hr DBD enthusiast)

emilys101emilys101 Member Posts: 24

I've never posted my feedback on new killers, especially since the epic fail of Legion, but I am not a fan of the new killer, The Plague. She is gorgeously designed (aesthetically) but her mechanics are poor. Who thought it was a great idea for VOMITING to be in a game? I feel physically ill playing her and against her. As I have struggled with an eating disorder for most of my life, the sound of vomiting was never a good idea in a game and as for most people, it triggers nausea. Even watching it through my favorite streamers on twitch, it was never a good idea. And the constant vomiting noises after you've been sickened by her power is abhorrent. Her mori... also disgusting.

As for her perks, especially the Infectious Fright, is extremely awful. It will make flashlight saves even rarer than they are. Imagine that with a distressing nurse. You can hear them scream AND see their aura for 6 seconds. SLUG META? Who doesn't love being left on the floor. The decisive strike, DS, changes are useless and probably the most upsetting as now there is no hard counter to a mori. And about 80% of my games, there is a mori. This was probably only to appease the constant whining from reddit killers. It is now a dead perk and no one will use it. The only change DS needed was wiggle DS. Maybe a notification or a sound to alert the killer of wiggle DS instead of the surprise factor.

Jane's perks are all useless. The locker one is fun in theory, but will never be used. As none of her perks actually counter her killer counterpart, especially the Solidarity perk. It may be nice in theory, paired with aftercare or we'll make it, against a fair, non-tunneling non-Plague killer. The time it takes to heal is not worth the self heal bonus at 50%. Poised just inspires more immersive gen rushing.

I don't mean to offend anyone. I love this game dearly and there is no other game like it. But after Legion, I almost quit. There is little fun left in this game and this recent PTB patch did not help whatsoever and I am greatly disappointed.

Comments

• CaeruleusCaeruleus Member Posts: 56

You think Solidarity is useless? Ok..

• emilys101emilys101 Member Posts: 24

against the plague, yes, but not worth the perk slot against other killers. in my opinion.

I still think it's a great perk. Also the part about vomiting, you are playing a horror game and gross stuff like that has a high chance of being in it. Sorry about your condition though.

i love horror games, but anything with vomiting should not be in video games, as most people when they hear vomiting, will become nauseous and/or vomit in return. Like when I worked in a hospital. One person vomited in the emergency room, and then the entire room of people started vomiting in a chain reaction when it was completely unrelated condition. It's like a domino effect of puke.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Sick people were puking? Say it ain't so!

In all seriousness, while I can sympathize with your condition, just as I can sympathize with people suffering from coulrophobia, if the devs were to avoid every single potential source of problems with the players (phobias, real-life conditions, etc.), this would be a game for toddlers.

If this is a serious issue for you, I recommend you stop playing for up to a month after the Plague is released in the live build, and I guarantee you'll barely see her.

Look, there's vomiting in a lot of video games, it happens.

• PizzamanPizzaman Member Posts: 475

I don't mind the vomiting. But it's not that usual. But yes, not the first time vomit occurs in a video game either.

• Claudette_BaguetteClaudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

I'd also like to see more unique animations in the lobby as The Plague. Right now she basically only has one pose where she raises the arms and whirls around the incense burner. I'd love to see more expressions and animations but she is already a really good looking killer.

• lordhelioslordhelios Member Posts: 63

Agreed, it’s like removing the pukers from l4d or dead space.... come now, deal with it or leave either way if I was the developer I would not back down.

The Boomer from Left 4 dead literally pukes on survivors and causes zombies to rush them. It makes disgusting, horrible noises and I've never seen that enemy to rise up as an issue. Players can play them in the multiplayer mode. Gross stuff like this have been in video games for a long time.

edited March 2019

this is just my opinion and i've played other games with vomiting in it but never have had this effect on me. as i love horror games. and the vomiting noises bother me in this game. and have met a few other people who have the same problem. which is why i posted this. i am trying to speak for everyone, not everyone who is okay with it. thanks.

• lordhelioslordhelios Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2019

Ok? I still wouldn’t change it. (And I hope they don’t)