The 3.5.0 Q&A thread is now up! If there's a question you'd like answered, now's your chance to ask: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120618/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Stupidly fast generators

Is it really normal for 4 gens to be done in under 2 minutes? Because that's what happened to me in the past 4 games. Oh and in every single one of those games there were SWF groups. I just can't avoid them. They are literally everywere. I know that killer used to be a lot worse back in the day, but still.... This game is supposed to be asymmetric ffs....

Comments

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGGATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 234

Where you using ruin? If so you know the answer

• Adonisadon234Adonisadon234 Member Posts: 147

Yes, i were using ruin, it got found within 20 seconds

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340

Gen rush is real. The best thing is when you hook two people then just go back and forth downing and hooking unhookers as fast as you can. They don't have time for gens because they are saving.

• Adonisadon234Adonisadon234 Member Posts: 147

you just explained everything that is wrong with this game

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    edited March 2019

It's kind of how the games are played now, In and out asap. It's not really the survivors fault as it is the game mechanics. The games not built for SWF but in reality they are most of the player base.

But even a good solo team can still gen rush since they really don't have anything else to do while someones looping the killer.

• ArsoulArsoul Member Posts: 321

Perhaps you should have caught a survivor and put pressure on them?

Perhaps, but when do you ever see that actually happen when it's not a SWF group.

yeah, you don't really do you.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,350

@Arsoul if you play solo like me then you run bond and open handed so you have a lot of information, and even without this build solo still can gen rush easily.

I didnt say it couldnt happen. But it not every match like killer mains pretend it is

• iceman2kxiceman2kx Member Posts: 462

If they are getting completed that fast, you aren't pressuring the survivors enough. Doing gens is literally their only objective, what are you doing to stop it? Are you wandering around because you can't find them? Are they looping you the entire match?

Being good at any killer takes a lot of time to do. You have to get use to the maps, the loops, know how survivors think. This is why so many people choose to run Billy or Nurse at high ranks, because they have the greatest mobility hence the greatest pressure.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 2,836

How can you be sure every game is 4 man swf. You're telling me you always get the less than 9% groups?

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,625

Solos can rush gens just as fast nowadays. People are starting to use their brains.

It's not a complicated concept. If a survivor isn't being chased, they're most likely doing generators. I know this is a hard pill to swallow for other killer mains, but if gens are completed and you are sitting at the end of the trial twiddling your thumbs saying, "oh gee wiz, they gen rushed me", you probably didn't do something right in that trial.

With the way the game is designed, this truth isn't gonna change. So you can sit here and try to defend being a poor killer with memes or adapt and become better at the game.

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340

By the time you get to one generator 3 other pop.

• ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 413

I never use Ruin or Noed. I have more good than bad games and I have 4 perks all game.

I focus on trying to have fun and getting blood points. This makes the game much more relaxing for me as killer. I understand the frustration but this game only gets to you if you are expecting a certain result instead of going with the flow.

• OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 473
    edited March 2019

It's going to become even worse for the non-meta killers if the new ranking and emblem system goes live. A killer will need to get at least 10 hooks while also preventing the gens from activating. That's not possible for most matches.

The red ranks are going to become lonely. Nothing but genrush SWF groups will be up there.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 1,675

Sounds good to me. Red ranks will be sweaty Nurses, Hillbilly and SWF gen rush squads and all the other ranks will be for players who play video games to have FUN.

I didn't say gens weren't completed very quick. If you read my post, I said with the way it's designed, it's just the way it is. It happens to me all the time. It's happens to the best killers. I have matches on my killer where I absolutely bully the survivors, end of with a 1K and 30k points and they will still complete gens and win. It happened today actually, their highest teammate escaped with like a 17k score vs my 30k. With the way the game is designed, this was my fault for "losing" for having chases last too long and not pressuring gens enough. The bottom line is I let survivors complete gens.

Survivors have literally one objective and that's to do gens. That's why "gen rushing" is a thing. So again, you can sit here and try to defend your lack of pressure on gens or try to better the next round. Until the game is designed differently, this isn't going to change.

• pungent_stenchpungent_stench Member Posts: 131

i don't even need to read past here to know what this thread contains. outrage and horror that microphones are bad for this game is certain however. yeah, i played five games as killer today and what you describe is precisely what i experienced. one could always camp/tunnel to level the playing field (most swf survivors want this to justify the use of mics) but i will pass on that. all my killers are p3 level 50 and 0-1 kills is the norm now.

i am not surprised to see killers like legion and vomit mama as it has become impossible for one killer to keep four survivors off 7 gens. like ardetha has said "most survivors don't seem to know that they can win almost every game if they just do gens". well...the secret is out.

• pungent_stenchpungent_stench Member Posts: 131
    edited March 2019