Home PTB Feedback Archives
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Emblem changes for Killer are APALLING

For the past few months, this game has been going in a really good direction in terms of Killer balance. For the first time in probably the game's history, it finally felt like Killers(and survivors) were pipping when they deserved to, but only when they deserved to.

The Emblem updates in the PTB make a complete U-Turn from this. It now now possible, at red ranks, to get 4 kills, with 2 generators left, and do good chases yet only safety pip( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGXMQ65I0tw ). This is an extremely difficult task to ask of a red rank Killer, especially at rank 1.

I realize that this community has many players, survivor and killer alike, that believe killer needs to be harder. I'm fine with this, actually. It would make more tense moments, and that's what this game is all about. However, I am definitely not fine with not rewarding skill. The more difficult pipping even affects survivor, however slightly less, because Killer got specific Emblem requirements increased.

Dead by Daylight has always been hypocritical with it's ranking system, at least at high ranks. Now it is especially appalling. On one hand, the devs are making a pip extremely hard to get at high ranks. This makes it seem like rank 1 should be a treasured thing, that is highly rewarded. However, conflicting that, this game is over 2 years old and we have still seen absolutely no rewards for having a high rank.

Not only does this change make the game less appealing for talented players, it also punishes those players for being good at the game. Dead by Daylight is a party game, and is advertised as such, and stated by the devs many times to be a party game. Therefore, most players play it casually or semi-casually. With this new change, rank 1 will be No-Man's-Land. There will be very few players there, and the ones that are there probably only did so by using very strong(overpowered) perks, items, killers, addons and/or offerings, and proabably by exploiting, lagswitching or even hacking. That will make the players that got there from pure skill be deeply punished, because they are being paired up with toxic players.

In all, I hope that this has shown you that the update to Emblems in the PTB is maybe the worst thing to happen to the game in a while, aside from Legion(no, I'm not going to make an essay on him!). I also deeply hope that a developer gets to read this, or at least gets to read a better constructed post that mine with the same message. The developers need to understand that this change must be reverted before Chapter 11 goes live.

See you in the fog, but probably not past green ranks.

Comments

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340

4 man 5 gens is also black pip.

• RagingCalmRagingCalm Member Posts: 400

Wow. I did not know that. Was this a game of yours or can you show me a video? I would love to see proof because I honestly cannot believe you. That sounds too bs.

Sorry I meant to say safety pip. I always mix those terms. I saw it today on tru3's stream. He will upload it on yt in a few hours I think.

Ok.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

In the meantime, I won't even care about pipping and stuff. Thinking about it now, why did I even care at any point? Getting Rank 1 at any role was nothing more than a little pat in the back.

This is a completely fine point of view. I'm not saying that this punishes everyone. For people that prefer to stay at yellow/green ranks, it's not easier to stay there and not accidentally rank up.

However, the changes are still bad because there is a part of the community that enjoys showing their mastery of the game, and would like to be rewarded for it. Getting to rank 1 is now even more of "[BAD WORD] you"

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Yeah I get you, I once was interested too in reaching R1 every single month, at least as a killer. But the last couple of months it felt more like a chore than really having fun at it. Now with this new system that is punishing even experienced streamers, I'm not even interested.

They're trying to force a playstyle that may not suit everybody's vision of the game. Me for example, I'm not interested in playing a game of tag or "now you're it" with 4 strangers over the web. I was more interested in the horror aspect of the game, the mindgames, the hide and seek, the hunting, the threat of violence or being able to run away from it.

With Legion it was all clear, since they designed the killer to hit multiple survivors at the time. Now they even transfer the terror radius to a survivor with a perk. Now you're it, Nea!

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,173

Imagine using a instant down killer. Better at killing, worse at pipping... uhhh wut?