Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB

Ability of Plague does not work in basement

KotentopfKotentopf Member Posts: 230

Is it intended?

Comments

• ShelbyShelby Dev Posts: 159
    edited March 2019

Hi @Kotentopf

Could you be a little more specific? We're not quite sure what you mean. Is it that you can't infect objects, or the vomit doesn't appear? What is happening? Also are you experiencing this in any map in particular? Also if you have a video that would be great.

Cheers,

Shelby

• ShakiiShakii Member Posts: 15

Hi Shelby,

I ran into this behaviour myself, but thought it was just because my aim was bad. Maybe it's something more?

I was on Yamaoka Estate, and the basement was in the house. I had fully infected two survivors (they were broken), I downed them, and put them both in the basement. A third survivor got in and unhooked them. I walked down the stairs with purge charged (can't remember if it was vile or corrupted), and all three survivors were able to run past me and up the stairs without getting hit.

That is to say, everything looked normal except the survivors were not hit by the vomit. I swear they passed through the stream, and I thought I might have just been unlucky.

• KotentopfKotentopf Member Posts: 230
    edited March 2019

Sorry, just noticed it don't work on the family residence map only. The Puke is always at the Z axis of the start of basement stairs and it was very hard to aim down the stairs. I should have recorded it with shadowplay (not at home right now, and im assuming in canda you sleep right now - i'll check later that daya if i have that video). Basement was in the residence.

• PureHostilityPureHostility Member Posts: 692
    edited March 2019

Purge just doesn't work well on staircases, any map that has it. If killer is coming from upstairs and tries to aim down at the survivors, the purge won't hit in most cases.

This is really easy to notice on the new map with the temple, due to mass amount of stairs, that thing is so common, it is not funny.

The same thing happens to Freddy with his dreamy invitation, it is awful/cumbersome to aim downwards.